Shelby Crit: day 5 Shelby,NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason Waddell

I am tired. Not so tired that I am out of contention, but my legs have no more snap left in them. I
knew that last nights break away would take alot out of me and it did. But when you find yourself in
a winning break you give it everything as you never know when your chance will come.

The Shelby Crit started and I knew it would take me a few laps to get the legs going and by the
time the legs started going the break of 9 riders was gone. I just started following wheels for the
next hour.

Nothing really of importance happened in the race, there were a few huge crashes somewhere behind
me, some guys won some primes and others tried to attack.

Only 4 riders from the original break lasted as 5 others came back to the field. The field was
sprinting for 5th place at this point and as usual with no one team willing to control the lead out
it was really crazy. Guys that have no business sprinting were bombing into turns only to lose 5
places coming out of the turn. Note to skinny guys: if you know you can't sprint, stay the hell out
of the way.

I was 8th or so in the field sprint for 12th place... tommorrow is another day and another race.

Till tommorrow, Jason Waddell Mathis Brothers Elite Team

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Jason
Waddell) wrote:

> Only 4 riders from the original break lasted...

actually this was a Saturn/7up move to get rid of the S. Iron guy, pretty impressive to watch.

Does John L. always look like he's suffering like a dog...I didn't think he'd last, then he wins it.

Status
Not open for further replies.