Shelby Crit: day 5 Shelby,NC

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jason Waddell, May 3, 2003.

  1. I am tired. Not so tired that I am out of contention, but my legs have no more snap left in them. I
    knew that last nights break away would take alot out of me and it did. But when you find yourself in
    a winning break you give it everything as you never know when your chance will come.

    The Shelby Crit started and I knew it would take me a few laps to get the legs going and by the
    time the legs started going the break of 9 riders was gone. I just started following wheels for the
    next hour.

    Nothing really of importance happened in the race, there were a few huge crashes somewhere behind
    me, some guys won some primes and others tried to attack.

    Only 4 riders from the original break lasted as 5 others came back to the field. The field was
    sprinting for 5th place at this point and as usual with no one team willing to control the lead out
    it was really crazy. Guys that have no business sprinting were bombing into turns only to lose 5
    places coming out of the turn. Note to skinny guys: if you know you can't sprint, stay the hell out
    of the way.

    I was 8th or so in the field sprint for 12th place... tommorrow is another day and another race.

    Till tommorrow, Jason Waddell Mathis Brothers Elite Team

    Tags:

  2. Hawke

    Hawke Guest

    "Jason Waddell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I was 8th or so in the field sprint for 12th place... tommorrow is
    another day
    > and another race.

    Hey Jason, keep up the reports, they make fun and interesting reading.

    Hawke

  3. Swampy

    Swampy Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Jason
    Waddell) wrote:

    > Only 4 riders from the original break lasted...

    actually this was a Saturn/7up move to get rid of the S. Iron guy, pretty impressive to watch.

    Does John L. always look like he's suffering like a dog...I didn't think he'd last, then he wins it.