shimano 10 spd frt. der FD-7703 compatible with Dura Ace 9 spd triple?

I have dura ace 9 spd shifters, 9 spd crankset, and just installed
dura ace 10 spd rear der and front der. The rear seems to shift fine
but I can not get the front der adjusted. Is this because the design
is for a 10 spd narrower chain?
So, I will never get it adjusted?

The problem is that if I have the cable tight enough to eliminate
noise on the 53 ring, when i shift down , one click doesn't move the
chain all the way to the 39 ring, another click pushes it all the way
to the 30 ring.

Thanks

I had a similar problem except with 10 speed shifters and 9 speed
front der.
I never could get it to work good.
The throw is different on 9 & 10 speed front der and shifters, its
best not to mix them.

On Apr 25, 5:09 am, [email protected] wrote:
> I have dura ace 9 spd shifters, 9 spd crankset, and just installed
> dura ace 10 spd rear der and front der. The rear seems to shift fine
> but I can not get the front der adjusted. Is this because the design
> is for a 10 spd narrower chain?
> So, I will never get it adjusted?
>
> The problem is that if I have the cable tight enough to eliminate
> noise on the 53 ring, when i shift down , one click doesn't move the
> chain all the way to the 39 ring, another click pushes it all the way
> to the 30 ring.
>
> Thanks

It is not. As a '10s' FD, it doesn't move as far as 9s. 9s is
compatible with 10s shifters but not vice versa..sorry-