Shimano FlightDeck with new XTR Dual Control Levers (ST-M965)

Sting

Guest
Hi All,

I'm picking up my new (2003) Giant NRS Air with full XTR shortly and wanted to have a FlightDeck
harness fitted to it, so that I could use the computer from my road bike.

My LBS informs me that (Shimano have told them that) you can't fit a FlightDeck to these Dual
Control levers (ST-M965), does anyone know if this is definitely correct?

It seems ridiculous that their top-of-the-range components won't work together.

TIA

Sting.

Sting wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm picking up my new (2003) Giant NRS Air with full XTR shortly and wanted to have a FlightDeck
> harness fitted to it, so that I could use the computer from my road bike.
>
> My LBS informs me that (Shimano have told them that) you can't fit a FlightDeck to these Dual
> Control levers (ST-M965), does anyone know if this is definitely correct?
>
> It seems ridiculous that their top-of-the-range components won't work together.
>
> TIA
>
> Sting.

Yes it is a fact. I have the same problem and I agree 100%. It is more than ridiculous. I, just like
you, still have a heard time believing it is actually so.
--
Perre