sinclair launches world's smallest folding bike

Gawnsoft wrote:

<snip>

> Oric BASIC was licenced from Microsoft. As was Dragon
> BASIC, and Commodore BASIC (as used in the PET, the VIC
> and the 64)
>
> Only Acorn and Sinclair commissioned their own, aficr.

Thanks, I never knew that. Around 1983 there was at least
one magazine for each of the popular micros. Each mag had
program listings you could spend hours typing in, and then
more hours looking for the typos. I had always assumed that
was because each computer ran it's own dialect of BASIC.

Cheers

Jules

in message <os_Hc.28738$I%[email protected]>, Julesh
('[email protected]') wrote:

> What's odd about a home computer with Forth in
> ROM?  Well I can't recall anyone else trying to buck the
> market in such a splendid way! I can only guess the
> company that released it thought the time of Forth had
> come. They may had been right but as it looked such a dog,
> tacky white plastic case and keys worse that those on a
> ZX-Spectrum, the world doesn't appear to have beaten a
> path to its door.

They also look pretty tacky inside, too - even compared to a
ZX80 and certainly to a ZX81. The chip-count is huge, the
PCB layout definitely didn't benefit from any CAD, and there
is a huge heatsink crudely cut out of sheet aluminium that
covers half the board.

--
[email protected] (Simon Brooke)
http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/