slacker romic question

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Dean A. Stepper, May 25, 2003.

  1. I also have an i-drive; did you notice a big improvement when you added your Romic shock? If so,
    want size shock does a 1.0 i-drive frame accept? and what do they cost?

    Dean Stepper Laguna Beach

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I also have an i-drive; did you notice a big improvement when you added your Romic shock? If so,
    > want size shock does a 1.0 i-drive frame accept? and what do they cost?
    >
    > Dean Stepper Laguna Beach

    Big improvement....no...it was gigantic!!! When I first called Romic to ask them about fitting one
    of their shocks to my frame they told me it would turn the bike into a whole different animal. They
    weren't lying.

    Size = 6.5"

    Cost = $365 (direct from Romic)

    Give them a call; they're very cool and helpful. I ordered mine direct to make sure it was set-up
    perfectly for me.

    BTW. what size frame are you riding? I have a small, so if you wanted to hook-up at Aliso,
    Whiting/Luge, Crystal or ? for a test ride, so you could get a feel for it before actually buying
    it, just let me know. It's set-up right now for DH.

    --
    Slacker

  3. Medium size frame. Thanks for the info and we will hookup some time. "Slacker"
    > "Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > I also have an i-drive; did you notice a big improvement when you added
    your
    > > Romic shock? If so, want size shock does a 1.0 i-drive frame accept?
    and
    > > what do they cost?
    > >
    > > Dean Stepper Laguna Beach
    >

    > Big improvement....no...it was gigantic!!! When I first called Romic to
    ask them about fitting one of their shocks to my frame they
    > told me it would turn the bike into a whole different animal. They weren't
    lying.

    > Size = 6.5"
    >
    > Cost = $365 (direct from Romic)
    >
    > Give them a call; they're very cool and helpful. I ordered mine direct to
    make sure it was set-up perfectly for me.

    > BTW. what size frame are you riding? I have a small, so if you wanted to
    hook-up at Aliso, Whiting/Luge, Crystal or ? for a test
    > ride, so you could get a feel for it before actually buying it, just let
    me know. It's set-up right now for DH.

    > --
    > Slacker

  4. Fred Hinkson

    Fred Hinkson Guest

    Slacker is the greatest.

    MTB Ride hard die free.

  5. bloominscott

    bloominscott New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2003
    I used to have an I-Drive setup :SID 80 mm on a size M 1999 XCR 1000. I am again looking at I-Drive frames to give my hardtail a rest. My question is, does the I-Drive respond alot better with a long travel fork (the sid was mushy and a confidence killer)? Since I am looking to take the bike xc as well as Plattekill Ski Resort via the lift...Is the Romic better for big hits only, or better as a pedaling platform as well? Also, any knowledge of an SPV shock being available for the I-Drive Frame?

    Thanks,
    Scott

  6. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > I used to have an I-Drive setup :SID 80 mm on a size M 1999 XCR 1000. I am again looking at
    > I-Drive frames to give my hardtail a rest. My question is, does the I-Drive respond alot better
    > with a long travel fork (the sid was mushy and a confidence killer)? Since I am looking to take
    > the bike xc as well as Plattekill Ski Resort via the lift...Is the Romic better for big hits only,
    > or better as a pedaling platform as well? Also, any knowledge of an SPV shock being available for
    > the I-Drive Frame?
    >
    > Thanks, Scott

    Wow, this one is old.

    If you plan on riding an I-Drive at PK, be prepared because you'll need a new frame shortly.

    Anyway, about the Romic.... it can be set-up (valved) for whatever purpose you want. I had Romic
    valve mine for DH'ing, and it's certainly been more than capable of taking solid, fast hits. I also
    use it for XC riding too; I just adjust the spring collar for 25% sag instead of 33%. I love the
    shock on both types of trails. As long as Romic continues making great shocks, I'll be riding one.

    Sorry, I don't have any info on any SPV shocks... I'm a plush coil guy!
    --
    Slacker

  7. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > > I used to have an I-Drive setup :SID 80 mm on a size M 1999 XCR 1000. I am again looking at
    > > I-Drive frames to give my hardtail a rest. My question is, does the I-Drive respond alot better
    > > with a long travel fork (the sid was mushy and a confidence killer)?
    > >
    > > Thanks, Scott

    Oops, I forgot about your fork.

    Your SID is a mushy, confidence killing POS becuase Rock Slop doesn't know how to properly
    dampen a fork.

    And yes, the I-Dirve will respond much better with a Marzocchi Z1 :^ )) But I suggest balancing out
    all that front end plushness with some in the rear.
    --
    Slacker

  8. bloominscott

    bloominscott New Member