Slight crank/chainring wobble need some advice

CptKlink

Sep 19, 2014
I have a race face Chester crankset with a race face narrow/wide chainring
and it looks like the driveside crankarm and chainring have a slight wobble back and forth.

Its only been a month since install and I have so far only used the bike for riding back and forth to work nothing even close to extreme.

Now I'm not totally If it has actually done this since install cuz i diden't really notice it then and also I don't think i paid the much attention to it when i first installed it cuz i was kinda over excited. I got everything all tighted up and gave it a spin everything was really smooth and everything was tight and gave it a test ride and everything was awesome. I just now noticed this slight wobble after giveing my bike a wash and a once over all the nuts and bolt so to speak. Now everything is tight and nothing is loose so its not a loose wobble more like a warped wobble if that makes any sense

I made a Quick video showing what the crank does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFaQXSVTirs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mU6Dyt4SQg

If the rings or spider arms are tweaked...use the Force, Luke! You would be surprised how flat you can get aluminum with a couple of hammers, some wood blocks, the judicious use of Armstrong power and a true reference plane. Your wife's marble or granite cookie dough rolling stone was never mentioned in this thread. No one would risk mentioning that! A couple of large adjustable wrenches and a solidly mounted bench vise also com in handy for this job.

Thxs for the reply I was going to try all that but i just wanted to post to see if i should even worry about it and just wondering others poinions. Also I can't do anything showen in that video you posted because only the driveside crank arm comes off the non-driveside arm as the crank axle fixed to the arm.

If it isn't affecting shifting, or creating rub, ignore it.
Or fiddle away until perfect/bored, whichever happens first.
I've never had much luck with tweaking spider arms, although rings are more amenable to persuasion.
If spider arms are annoyingly off you can either file the flats on the "high" arms a little, or shim the "low" arms a bit. Paper will work.

Well there is no shifting since its a single speed and also no rub so I think I will just not worry about it till it eather really bugs me or I have nothing else better to do.