Slime tubes - any good?

POHB

Guest
I need to get some spare tubes. Does anyone know if those Slime filled
tubes really work? Are they much heavier?

"POHB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I need to get some spare tubes. Does anyone know if those Slime filled
>tubes really work? Are they much heavier?

I seem to remember that the general advice is to keep the weight off the
wheels.When the wheels spin some mathematic formula comes into play.

Personally, a puncture takes about 15-20 minutes to repair properly on the
road and rarely happens.

POHB wrote:
> I need to get some spare tubes. Does anyone know if those Slime
> filled tubes really work?

Sometimes.

> Are they much heavier?

Guestimate: 100g of extra weight per tube.

~PB

"POHB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I need to get some spare tubes. Does anyone know if those Slime filled
> tubes really work? Are they much heavier?

Don't know about the weight but I invested in a pair for my son's BMX as he
used to get punctures on a
daily basis usually pinch flats which didn't always seal as the slime/goo
sometimes didn't come into contact
with the afflicted area. They are noticeably heavier.