Specialized road bike with shock ab system

No such luck as suspension, I'm afraid.

Looks to me as Carbon Fibre front forks, and Carbon seat stays. Carbon Fibre reduces road shock, and this is the "shock absorption", not any of your standard suspension.

The reason that this is a big deal for Specialized is that their standard A1 is full Aluminium, I think, frame. Carbon fork, but no carbon seat stays.

Nice bike, though! :D

Originally posted by Etxy
No such luck as suspension, I'm afraid.

Looks to me as Carbon Fibre front forks, and Carbon seat stays. Carbon Fibre reduces road shock, and this is the "shock absorption", not any of your standard suspension.

The reason that this is a big deal for Specialized is that their standard A1 is full Aluminium, I think, frame. Carbon fork, but no carbon seat stays.

Nice bike, though! :D

The article specifically said elastomers. I'm guessing it is more than the use of carbon fiber.

Doug at [email protected] wrote on 5/14/03 2:47 AM:

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2003/news/apr11
>
> A Specialized Al road frame with some sort of shock dampening. I can't tell much from the pic, are
> the seatstays rubberized or something? Curious anyway.

From the larger pictures, you can see a light grey shape in both the fork and the carbon chainstays.
I'd venture that they are imbedding the elastomer in the carbon to enhance their claim of better
vibration damping.

IIRC, they had used elastomer imbedded in a seatpost not too long ago.