SRAM PC-59 vs PC-950

Booker C. Bense

Guest

Booker C. Bense wrote:

> _ I was in the shop yesterday getting a chain and I noticed
> that the reliable SRAM PC-59 is now replaced with the PC-950.
> Reading the back implies "better rollers" and Step2 riveting.
> Anybody have any idea what this really means?

An additional 5 bucks?

Booker C. Bense wrote:
> _ I was in the shop yesterday getting a chain and I noticed
> that the reliable SRAM PC-59 is now replaced with the PC-950.
> Reading the back implies "better rollers" and Step2 riveting.
> Anybody have any idea what this really means?

It means that in six months to a year, we can maybe get closeout prices
on the PC-59. Stock up!

Mark

"Booker C. Bense" wrote:

> _ I was in the shop yesterday getting a chain and I noticed
> that the reliable SRAM PC-59 is now replaced with the PC-950.
> Reading the back implies "better rollers" and Step2 riveting.
> Anybody have any idea what this really means?
>
> _ Booker C. Bense

The current Portugese made PC 59 has the roughest rollers in the
business. They have probably rediscovered how they made the chains 10
years ago
--
---
Marten Gerritsen

INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
www.m-gineering.nl

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:45:15 +0000 (UTC), Booker C. Bense
<[email protected]> may
have said:

>_ I was in the shop yesterday getting a chain and I noticed
>that the reliable SRAM PC-59 is now replaced with the PC-950.
>Reading the back implies "better rollers" and Step2 riveting.
>Anybody have any idea what this really means?

Probably "PC59 sales were too slow".

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:18:22 -0800, Mark Janeba
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Booker C. Bense wrote:
>> _ I was in the shop yesterday getting a chain and I noticed
>> that the reliable SRAM PC-59 is now replaced with the PC-950.
>> Reading the back implies "better rollers" and Step2 riveting.
>> Anybody have any idea what this really means?

>It means that in six months to a year, we can maybe get closeout prices
>on the PC-59. Stock up!

$12 or 13 at Nashbar. (Ordered mine Sunday night.)

Pat

Email address works as is.