Stay away from this online shop! You are hereby warned!!!

Originally posted by lokstah
Rock and roll. I sent them the laptop site link, asking, "what's up with this?," and they never replied, BTW.

I would be curious to know what percentage of web traffic they receive is plain garbage ment to screw with them... :D (To bad it's not 100%).

while I agree in general and have had one bad Internet bike experience, I have had good luck with getawaybikes.com. Even better, my LBS was very gracious about setting it up and working with the bike thereafter.
-jam

eBay scaming continues to grow! This one from China!

I bid on a bike being sold by an individual here in the us - a legit auction. I did not win, but recieved the following email complete in eBay frame with eBay logos.

Same ol' same ol': price too good to be true (1/4 of retail!), free shipping, free insurance, a wonderful personal guarontee of satisfaction - just wire transfer us the money :)....

Here it is:

?? eBay ?????

<username> ??:

Dear customer, I saw you'r bid for the YETI Kokopelli 2003 sz Med and we would like to make you an offer. I could offer you the same unit to buy now without the auction for us $ 400 I will use UPS for shipping and WESTERN UNION service for payment. Shipping will take usually - 24/48 hours Shipping is made using UNITED POSTAL/PARCEL SERVICE(UPS) SERVICE Shipping is absolutely FREE! Yes, that's right. SHIPPING IS FREE! Not only is shipping FREE but you will also receive 100% protection from loss or damage with our "On the House" FULL INSURANCE coverage. Your shipment will be professionally secured with heavy-duty packaging designed to protect the contents of your shipment cross country. Buy from us and your transaction will be 100% HEADACHE FREE! And if any problems do arise, I`ll take care of all the paperwork and ship you replacement parts within a few days. We are looking forward to hear from you. Thank you in advance for your time, Kind Regards.

??!
big_barosanul

????????,???????? eBay ?????????,?????? ????????,???? eBay ???

??????? MoneyGram ? Western Union ???????? ??????????????????,????????

????????????,?? eBay ???????

??? eBay ?????? ™:http://www.tw.ebay.com/

Originally posted by Rozzano
The company name, HELITIS, is an anagram:

LIE ****
No kidding... except in all fairness, someone else already identified that Helitis is a French company with a legitimate practice in tech, or something. These crooks have just "borrowed" the name.

I hate crooks.

There back again looks like they just moved the site to a new URL http://www.scorpionbike.com. Nearly got me as I have been out the cycling scene for many years and don't know the current prices. It was the business address that gave it away as Google search turned up this thread.

Here's my mail exchange

Hello,
The amount for 2 bikes is 1500 pounds incl shipping.
We are ready to deal by escrow and we prefer this escrow company :

http://www.fastaq.com/

They are very fast and this way we can close a fast deal.We take the escrow fees.

Please register with them and then contact us by email with your user name.
we start the transaction as soon as we have your user name.

The transaction won't take more than 3-4 days.

Regards,

James

From: "Richard" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:00:59 -0000
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Yeti As-X

Hi

I am interested in purchasing a Yeti As-X. I am based in the UK, could you give me information on the frame sizes available, payment and delivery costs/details.

Regards

Richard

Thanks Guys

Rich:)

freeflywiggy said:
[...]

Good call Richard. All of you are hereby warned AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freeflywiggy said:
There back again looks like they just moved the site to a new URL http://www.scorpionbike.com. Nearly got me as I have been out the cycling scene for many years and don't know the current prices. It was the business address that gave it away as Google search turned up this thread.

I just sent them a email iquiring about an expesenive bike, just to get their pants wet. We should all just keep wasting their time by sending them BS emails and inquiries. I've had a couple run-ins with these types on eBay as well. I always find it nice to play them for a while and then call them out as the POS low-lifes that they really are

OCRoadie said:
freeflywiggy said:
There back again looks like they just moved the site to a new URL http://www.scorpionbike.com. Nearly got me as I have been out the cycling scene for many years and don't know the current prices. It was the business address that gave it away as Google search turned up this thread.

I just sent them a email iquiring about an expesenive bike, just to get their pants wet. We should all just keep wasting their time by sending them BS emails and inquiries. I've had a couple run-ins with these types on eBay as well. I always find it nice to play them for a while and then call them out as the POS low-lifes that they really are
If screwing with scammers entertains or interests you, check out this site www.419eater.com

scorpion-bike also lists a Juno email address on their site - I reported them to Juno.:)

kayakado said:
scorpion-bike also lists a Juno email address on their site - I reported them to Juno.:)

Here is a bogus order you can send to Scorpion bike.
Please make a few small alterations before you send so they dont all look the same.

Hello Scorpion Bikes.
What great offers you have.

I simply cannot pass on your offers I would like to order two bikes
A trek Madone 5.9 size 57 but I would like the new Dura Ace 10 Speed triple instead og double can you arrange that? And the wheels I would like Bontrager X7´s instead of X lites can that be arranged?
They cost the same so if you have them in stock please make the changes and write back.

Also I would like to order a Litespeed Blade also in size 57with 190 mm Dura Ace cranks. I dont like the Hed wheels on the Blade can I have it with lightweight wheels instead?

Could you mount the wheels with vittoria 16 mm tires which are the one I prefer?

I will ofcourse pay via escrow. If you deliver fast I will buy an additional 10 bikes for my family. But time is our enemy! I need to buy very fast!

Yours sincerely Steven Nrubnilleh

Oh by the way I live in Saudi Arabia any problems with the 5 day delivery there?

Rozzano said:
The company name, HELITIS, is an anagram:

LIE ****

A legitimate company, then, offering once-in-a-lifetime fantastic cycling deals the world over, delivered at the speed of light...?

The HEL(L) IT IS!

(arf arf arf !!!)

It seems like the Helitis a$$holes have also put up this site www.secom-cycle.com this site is nearly identical to the www.scorpionbike.com site. These f#cks have a ton of bikes listed on ebay with very low "buy it now" prices. Anyone that has seen and may be contemplating these eBay auctions, please don't be foolish enough to give these dicks your money.