Stolen bikes

Al.

Guest
Last Sunday someone broke into my place at Newtwon and stole 2 bikes: a red Cannondale F1000 with
red Magura brakes (can't be too many of them about) and a new Giant XTC1 exsmall. If anyone sees or
hears anything of them I'd really appreciate a call on [email protected].

Al.

"Al." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Last Sunday someone broke into my place at Newtwon and stole 2 bikes: a red Cannondale F1000 with
> red Magura brakes (can't be too many of them about) and a new Giant XTC1 exsmall. If anyone sees
> or hears anything of them I'd really appreciate a call on [email protected].
>

> Al.

Sorry to hear it man.

Good luck on getting your gear back - they sound like sweet machines.

Tim

Sorry to hear the news, but maybe these ideas may aid in their recover, because the cops proberly won't find them for you.

My first suggestion is obvious, in that check all the second dealers (ie: Cash Converters and other Pawn Shops) in and around your area for the next month.

Suggestion No. 2 relies on you or someone you know being a member of Ebay. Members can set up email alerts with specific parameters to email you if a bike (or even some of the parts) similar to yours are listed.

I hope one or two of these suggestions have been useful.

powinc

Originally posted by Al.
Last Sunday someone broke into my place at Newtwon and stole 2 bikes: a red Cannondale F1000 with
red Magura brakes (can't be too many of them about) and a new Giant XTC1 exsmall. If anyone sees or
hears anything of them I'd really appreciate a call on [email protected].

Al.

Another thing you could do is send notes around to all the cycling clubs you can find, with pictures if you have them. I know someone who got their track bike back that way (track bikes are probably easier to find becuase people only ride them at a track, which means they then try to sell them at the track).

Perhaps turning up to a few crits and seeing if your bike is being ridden by someone else might be worth your while?\

If it was stolen by someone who wants to make it disappear, then there's not much you can do, but if it was stolen by people who just want to sell the bikes for quick cash, they may turn up.

The worst thing you can do is wait for the police, they don't have the resources.