Suspension Seat Post for Road/Touring

Colin Blackburn wrote:

> And it has an interesting derivation. Berk is a short form
> of the rhyming slang Berkely Hunt, so berk means c... [NO
> CARRIER]

I heard that it was Berkshire Hunt. But that's just
splitting hares.

On Wed, 5 May 2004 16:49:31 +0100, Simonb
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Colin Blackburn wrote:
>
>> And it has an interesting derivation. Berk is a short
>> form of the rhyming slang Berkely Hunt, so berk means
>> c... [NO CARRIER]
>
> I heard that it was Berkshire Hunt.

Chambers offers Berkeley, the OED suggests Berkeley (or
Berkshire). Hunts exist with both names. Pubs exist with the
name Berkeley Hunt, not sure about Berkshire. Berk is
pronounced burk, Berkshire is pronounced Barkshire, how is
Berkeley pronounced? Just wondered if that had a bearing.

Still, I quite like bicycling jerk now it's been mentioned.

> But that's just splitting hares.

You can't get me foxed on this one!

Colin

On Wed, 05 May 2004 16:35:02 GMT, Simon Brooke <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>>> I heard that it was Berkshire Hunt. But that's just
>>> splitting hares.
>> You can't get me foxed on this one!
>Deer me! You all otter be punished.

Stop badgering them. Any more of that and you'll be hounded
off Usenet.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk