SYD: possible fix/ss candidate

Zebee Johnstone

Guest
Friend of mine has an old 10 speed that was apparently a decent bike
in its day, and now needs a new home.

No front wheel, the rear is alloy, no idea what the gears, are the
front brake says something like "dherry". THe only measurement I have
is 80cm from the centre of the cranks to the top of the top tube.

The brand is "Pascoe", apparently made in South Oz by some lot who then
sent frames to LBSs in other states to be made up and branded with the
bike shop name.

Couldn't see it too well as it's well hidden by Junk, but what I saw
looked like a pretty decent late 70s men's "racing 10 speed". No suicide
brake bars, but the shifters are on the stem, not the downtube, so think
that makes it midrange.

If anyone is interested in giving it a good home, then email me and
I'll put you in touch with the owner.

Zebee

"Zebee Johnstone" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Friend of mine has an old 10 speed that was apparently a decent bike
> in its day, and now needs a new home.
>
> No front wheel, the rear is alloy, no idea what the gears, are the
> front brake says something like "dherry". THe only measurement I have
> is 80cm from the centre of the cranks to the top of the top tube.

80cm !!!!! Holy ****.....assuming a 175mm crank you would need a 97.5cm
inseam just to sit on the top tube!!!! I am 195cm tall and my inseam is a
tad under that.....are you sure that is it 80cm from centre of cranks to top
of top tube or is it to the top of the seat??? My road frame is the biggest
one I could find and it is 63.5cm from BB to top tube!!!

Gags

In aus.bicycle on Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:30:36 +1000
Gags <[email protected]> wrote:

> 80cm !!!!! Holy ****.....assuming a 175mm crank you would need a 97.5cm
> inseam just to sit on the top tube!!!! I am 195cm tall and my inseam is a
> tad under that.....are you sure that is it 80cm from centre of cranks to top
> of top tube or is it to the top of the seat??? My road frame is the biggest
> one I could find and it is 63.5cm from BB to top tube!!!

I thought it was large... My mistake though, 80cm from centre of
cranks to top of seat tube. BUt the sedat tube ain't that much higher
than the top tube..

He's not a small lad you know :)

I'll ask him to measure all 3 tubes.

Zebee