The Devil went Down to GA.

Dave W

Guest
Finally. Time to see a FINE American in action...

The CDB (that's the Charlie Daniels Band, not that snappy dresser from ID, thank you) is playing the
North Georgia State fair tonight, and I am going to be in attendance behind the scenes thanks to the
rock-n-roll industry ties I have cultivated over the years here locally. I look forward to hearing
his message, as well as his music. Hope everyone has a chance to see this gentleman at some point in
their life. He is truly one of the good ones.

Dave (long haired country boy! Well, I USED to have long hair)

Dave W wrote:
> Hope everyone has a chance to see this gentleman at some point in their life. He is truly one of
> the good ones.
>
> Dave (long haired country boy! Well, I USED to have long hair)

He frequents the post office where my wife used to work, does that count?

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:16:36 GMT, Craig Brossman <[email protected]> wrote:

>Dave W wrote:
>> Hope everyone has a chance to see this gentleman at some point in their life. He is truly one of
>> the good ones.
>>
>> Dave (long haired country boy! Well, I USED to have long hair)
>
>He frequents the post office where my wife used to work, does that count?

absolutley! Especially if you get a chance to have a conversation with him!!

> Hope everyone has a chance to see this gentleman at some point in their life. He is truly one of
> the good ones.

He played here at one of the local "where are they now?" events. It was quite a boring show. To top
it off there was a sobriety checkpoint setup on the road leaving the event. There were many
shirtless wonders vociferously professing their knowledge of their rights. At least that part was
interesting.

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:13:22 -0400, "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Hope everyone has a chance to see this gentleman at some point in their life. He is truly one of
>> the good ones.
>
>He played here at one of the local "where are they now?" events. It was quite a boring show. To top
>it off there was a sobriety checkpoint setup on the road leaving the event. There were many
>shirtless wonders vociferously professing their knowledge of their rights. At least that part was
>interesting.

really? that's too bad then. I'll bet alot of mulletts were in attendance then...

Dave (at least he's not doing Renissance festivals though!)

Carla A-G scrawled in bright red lipstick:
> "Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Dave (at least he's not doing Renissance festivals though!)
>
> A smart career move!
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

One of the local alternative papers has a great cover:

Dancing bear patch $4 Live CD from the concert $22 Ticket for the show at the Gorge $57+ Reviving
the Dead's money making machine... priceless......

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:27:52 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:

>Dave (at least he's not doing Renissance festivals though!)

Hey, FU! I worked at the Renaissance Festival when it was a freshman in high school....Best damn job
I ever had. Money, wine, women, beer....what more could a 16 year old want?

Oh, the good old days.....

Peace, Bill

> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:27:52 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Dave (at least he's not doing Renissance festivals though!)
>

> Hey, FU! I worked at the Renaissance Festival when it was a freshman in high school....Best damn
> job I ever had. Money, wine, women, beer....what more could a 16 year old want?
>
> Oh, the good old days.....
>
> Peace, Bill

Now the picture is complete and just as I suspected!
--
Slacker

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:09:17 -0400, Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:27:52 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Dave (at least he's not doing Renissance festivals though!)
>

>Hey, FU! I worked at the Renaissance Festival when it was a freshman in high school....Best damn
>job I ever had. Money, wine, women, beer....what more could a 16 year old want?
>
>Oh, the good old days.....
>
>Peace, Bill

Have you or have you not ever been a world renown guitarist, who has inspired countless genrations
to pick up the guitar and try and play ANY of your work? Thought not. I'm sure it would be a kick
ass for a pimply faced 16 y.o virgin, but not someone like Ritchie Blackmore.

> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:27:52 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Dave (at least he's not doing Renissance festivals though!)
>

> Hey, FU! I worked at the Renaissance Festival when it was a freshman in high school....Best damn
> job I ever had. Money, wine, women, beer....what more could a 16 year old want?
>
> Oh, the good old days.....
>
> Peace, Bill

Bill, this has nothing to do with Renaissance festivals, the quote was made in reference to Ritchie
Blackmore and how his career has hit the dumps after spending so much time in the limelight.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G said...

> Bill, this has nothing to do with Renaissance festivals, the quote was made in reference to
> Ritchie Blackmore and how his career has hit the dumps after spending so much time in the
> limelight.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

He must be doing what he wants to be doing, because it would be the easiest thing in the world to
hook up with Dio or any one of the other dozens of people he worked with and put a Rainbow type of
band back together.

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:46:28 GMT, Super Slinky <[email protected]> wrote:

>Carla A-G said...
>
>> Bill, this has nothing to do with Renaissance festivals, the quote was made in reference to
>> Ritchie Blackmore and how his career has hit the dumps after spending so much time in the
>> limelight.
>>
>> - CA-G
>>
>> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
>
>He must be doing what he wants to be doing, because it would be the easiest thing in the world to
>hook up with Dio or any one of the other dozens of people he worked with and put a Rainbow type of
>band back together.

ah, but then that wouldn't be him then would it. Blackmore is notorius for thumbing his nose at the
rock and roll world...a world that made him who he WAS. To me, while he is a virtuoso on the guitar,
his attitude has alway's just sucked...he has always thought very highly of hisself, and I find it
very humorous that he has sunk to this level. The guy's in Purple have said in interviews in the
past that they had a buttload of his ego. I believe Dio has as well. Nay, I don't think it's what he
wants to be doing, rather what he's been reduced to.

I saw Rainbow back in the early 80's with Krokus (Street of Dreams tour 81-82) and Krokus flat
blew Rainbow away...Rainbow's set was one, long, drawn out Blackmore Solo...it got very boring
after an hour of
it...I have never been so ready to leave a concert venue as I was that night!!

Dave W said...

> ah, but then that wouldn't be him then would it. Blackmore is notorius for thumbing his nose at
> the rock and roll world...a world that made him who he WAS. To me, while he is a virtuoso on the
> guitar, his attitude has alway's just sucked...he has always thought very highly of hisself, and I
> find it very humorous that he has sunk to this level. The guy's in Purple have said in interviews
> in the past that they had a buttload of his ego. I believe Dio has as well. Nay, I don't think
> it's what he wants to be doing, rather what he's been reduced to.
>
> I saw Rainbow back in the early 80's with Krokus (Street of Dreams tour 81-82) and Krokus flat
> blew Rainbow away...Rainbow's set was one, long, drawn out Blackmore Solo...it got very boring
> after an hour of
> it...I have never been so ready to leave a concert venue as I was that night!!

No doubt he has an attitude, but he can't be any worse than Ian Gillan or Dio. Read the interviews,
they make him sound calm and reasonable. Dio calling anyone hard to work with is like Godzilla
calling anyone big, green and ugly. I saw the reformed Purple in 84, and Gillan was the asshole.
Blackmore just played guitar, and did it poorly that night actually. Blackmore admits that Rainbow
wasn't a balanced group, but they still turned out a few good ones, which is more than most bands
will ever do.

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:41:20 -0400, "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:27:52 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >Dave (at least he's not doing Renissance festivals though!)
>>

>> Hey, FU! I worked at the Renaissance Festival when it was a freshman in high school....Best damn
>> job I ever had. Money, wine, women, beer....what more could a 16 year old want?
>>
>> Oh, the good old days.....
>>
>> Peace, Bill
>
>Bill, this has nothing to do with Renaissance festivals, the quote was made in reference to Ritchie
>Blackmore and how his career has hit the dumps after spending so much time in the limelight.
>
>- CA-G
>
>Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Thank you......ahh never mind....

Bill

[snip my ignorance about Renaissance]

>Have you or have you not ever been a world renown guitarist, who has inspired countless genrations
>to pick up the guitar and try and play ANY of your work? Thought not. I'm sure it would be a kick
>ass for a pimply faced 16 y.o virgin, but not someone like Ritchie Blackmore.

Just to set the record straight FU! Shet The Feck Up And Ryde!

Peace, Bill

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:25:38 -0400, Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote:

>[snip my ignorance about Renaissance]
>
>>Have you or have you not ever been a world renown guitarist, who has inspired countless genrations
>>to pick up the guitar and try and play ANY of your work? Thought not. I'm sure it would be a kick
>>ass for a pimply faced 16 y.o virgin, but not someone like Ritchie Blackmore.
>
>Just to set the record straight FU! Shet The Feck Up And Ryde!
>

>Peace, Bill

thank you sir, may I have another..