The Writing is on the Wall

Howard Kveck wrote:
> The five months you were off festering in some warm, dark place

Heather really will have to do something about her refrigerator. Eating
festering meat is not a very healthy way to go on a low carb diet.

> So tell us, Tom. What's the name of this French Nobel laureate you
> spoke to?

Are you speaking of the French Nobel laureate who owns a Phonak cell phone ?

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:03:22 +0200, Donald Munro
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Heather really will have to do something about her refrigerator. Eating
>festering meat is not a very healthy way to go on a low carb diet.

Up-chucking is very relevant to dieting. Having a bunch of dogs around
means you don't even have to clean up all that much.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote...

> Sorry, but the fast is that you didn't give me "hundreds". What's more -
> if you bothered to actually read the scientific papers cited in the IPCC
> you'd be surprised that most of them make NO CLAIMS about anthropogenic
> global warming.

(emphasis added)

"The Panel's role is to assess on a comprehensive, objective, open and
transparent basis the best available scientific, technical and
socio-economic information on climate change from around the world. The
assessments are based on information contained in peer-reviewed literature
and, where appropriately documented, in industry literature and traditional
practices. They draw on the work of _hundreds_ of experts from all regions
of the world."
http://www.ipcc.ch/about/faq/IPCC Introduction.pdf

HUMAN AND NATURAL DRIVERS OF CLIMATE CHANGE
Global atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous
oxide have increased
markedly as a result of human activities since 1750 and now far exceed
pre-industrial values
determined from ice cores spanning many thousands of years (see Figure
SPM-1). The global increases in carbon dioxide concentration are due
primarily to fossil fuel use and land-use change, while those of methane and
nitrous oxide are primarily due to agriculture. {2.3, 6.4, 7.3}
http://www.ipcc.ch/SPM2feb07.pdf (p. 2)

It is _very likely_6 that the observed increase in methane concentration is
due to _anthropogenic activities_, predominantly agriculture and fossil fuel
use, but relative contributions from different source types are not well
determined. {2.3, 7.4} (p. 3)

etc., etc.

> Hmm, let's be frank about this CO2 has increased in the atmosphere at the
> same time man has been generating energy. Of course the rise started in
> 1780 or so which doesn't fit very closely with the fact that man has only
> been generating enough CO2 since about 1950 to even consider as part of
> the problem.

Citation?

>> What does it mean for me in practical terms? It boils down to more
>> energy efficient light bulbs, a push mower, and riding my bike more, plus
>> a few others. So I save a few hundred dollars a year, and am healthier.
>> Gee whiz, I guess those tree huggers sure snookered me.

> Well, that's fine - but as I pointed out - if EVERYONE in the world more
> than met the Kyoto Protocols the IPCC estimates that the temperature would
> change only .07 degrees C.

But you deny there's a problem? You deny an anthropogenic primary role in
the creation of gerenhouse gases?

> The USA is the ONLY country in the world that is actually reducing it's
> CO2 generation and that is because we're rich enough to afford alternate
> methods and to pay for less efficient but less poluting energy sources.
> But no need to worry, with the present "environmentalism at any cost"
> idealism, it won't be long before we can't afford those less poluting
> sources. The Pacific states have already said they intend to limit the CO2
> generation they cause which has already started the few remaining
> industries looking for a new home. It is likely that they will move
> completely out of the USA and into some country where sanity of a sort
> still rules.

The american automaker's cries remind me of their predecessors.' They lay
off hundred and thousands of workers because they can't compete with the
japenese, and tell them the guy with mouths to feed that he has to adapt to
a changing economic reality. But when someone comes into their bedroom, and
tells the automakers to adapt to a changing reality, like a horsedrawn
carriage manufacturer to henry ford, they fight progress.

Nev Shea <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> It seems ironic to me that you mock the notion of screaming at the
> tide not to come in while asking Kunich to acknowledge that the
> science is correct.

Nobody ever said I was the sharpest tool in the shed.

--
Bill Asher

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

<snip>
> The fact is that you're a disgusting little pissant incapable of
> respecting anything and anyone. Instead you pretend to knowledge and
> hauty demeanor, but we both know that in person you're a worm.

Well maybe, but with my impish charm it takes chicks at least a day to
figure that out.

--
Bill Asher

William Asher wrote:
> Well maybe, but with my impish charm it takes chicks at least a day to
> figure that out.

Anyway chicks dig worms. Its part of their diet.

Wormy ***** Worm gets chicks? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> The american automaker's cries remind me of their predecessors.' They lay
> off hundred and thousands of workers because they can't compete with the
> japenese, and tell them the guy with mouths to feed that he has to adapt
> to a changing economic reality. But when someone comes into their
> bedroom, and tells the automakers to adapt to a changing reality, like a
> horsedrawn carriage manufacturer to henry ford, they fight progress.

Too bad you don't know anything about that either. Tell me, is there
anything you know about? Hondas and Toyotas manufactured in the USA are more
reliable and cheaper to build than in Japan. Japanese actually go on waiting
lists to buy American made Japanese cars.

But all this is irrelevent to me, I will be retiring in another couple of
years and I don't care what happens to you and your children. Let them eat
cake.

"William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> A lot of environmentalists are morons. Most climate scientists are very
> smart people who have spent lifetimes understanding this.

That is unless they make the mistake of couching their science in terms that
the left doesn't like. In which case you and all the rest of the leftists
will stand in line to attack them more visciously that you'd ever think to
attack fascists.

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
>> "William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> The fact is that you're a disgusting little pissant incapable of
>> respecting
>> anything and anyone. Instead you pretend to knowledge and hauty demeanor,
>> but we both know that in person you're a worm.

> And here we have a fine example of the incredible disconnect from
> reality that you
> have, Tom.

Tell you what Kveck, apparently you live around here somewhere. Just let me
know where I can meet you and I'll disconnect you from reality for a couple
of weeks.

Tom Kunich wrote:

> "William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> A lot of environmentalists are morons. Most climate scientists are
>> very smart people who have spent lifetimes understanding this.

> That is unless they make the mistake of couching their science in
> terms that the left doesn't like. In which case you and all the rest
> of the leftists will stand in line to attack them more visciously that
> you'd ever think to attack fascists.

Lindzen got a fair shake scientifically, he published his Iris theory paper
twice, and it got rebutted, at least twice that I know of. He didn't get
pilloried, it was just science. Now, chant with me:

Balloon Ball
Balloon Ball
Balloon Ball
Balloon Ball
Balloon Ball
Balloon Ball
Balloon Ball
Balloon Ball
Balloon Ball
Balloon Ball

http://tinyurl.com/2wd8nq

--
Bill Asher

Howard Kveck wrote:

> Wormy ***** Worm gets chicks? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Whatever works.

--
Bill Asher

William Asher wrote:

> Lindzen got a fair shake scientifically, he published his Iris theory paper
> twice, and it got rebutted, at least twice that I know of. He didn't get
> pilloried, it was just science. Now, chant with me:
>
> Balloon Ball

Two words.
Global. Dimming.

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/modelforce/

--
Bill Asher

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 22:54:51 -0800, Howard Kveck
<[email protected]> wrote:

>And here we have a fine example of the incredible disconnect from reality that you
>have, Tom. What you mean here is that you hate the fact that someone isn't showing
>what you believe to be the proper levels of respect to *you*.

Wonder what happened to Kunich in the period he was away to put him so
far around the bend. I think he thinks that his threats are impressing
people here and in some way validates his positions.

In the eight or so groups that I am regularly on and the ten or so
email lists, he is the only purported adult that regularly threatens
violence. He isn't on the 'normal' list anymore, even at the margins.

Anyone work any place that he wouldn't be escorted to the door by
police? Just wondering. No joking here, either.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Robert Chung wrote:
>
>> Speaking of being right, look at question #4 from Right Wing News:
>> http://www.rightwingnews.com/mt331/2007/03/rightosphere_temperature_check.php

> In contrast,
> http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/summary/306/5702/1686
>
> More evidence that facts have a well-known liberal bias.

Next question; what percentage of the Earth's climate change is
attributed to human activities?

Phil H

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> >
> >> "William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> The fact is that you're a disgusting little pissant incapable of
> >> respecting anything and anyone. Instead you pretend to knowledge and hauty demeanor,
> >> but we both know that in person you're a worm.

> > And here we have a fine example of the incredible disconnect from
> > reality that you have, Tom.

> Tell you what Kveck, apparently you live around here somewhere. Just let me
> know where I can meet you and I'll disconnect you from reality for a couple
> of weeks.

The typical Tom Kunich fall-back: threats. Whatever. Have you ever considered that
the grief you get is due in no small part to *your* attitude and demeanor? It seems
unlikely that you have, as it does seem to fit into your pattern of playing the victim
all the time.

We're still waiting for the name on that Nobel laureate, you know.

--

Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 22:54:51 -0800, Howard Kveck
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >And here we have a fine example of the incredible disconnect from reality
> >that you have, Tom. What you mean here is that you hate the fact that someone isn't
> >showing what you believe to be the proper levels of respect to *you*.

> Wonder what happened to Kunich in the period he was away to put him so
> far around the bend. I think he thinks that his threats are impressing
> people here and in some way validates his positions.
>
> In the eight or so groups that I am regularly on and the ten or so
> email lists, he is the only purported adult that regularly threatens
> violence. He isn't on the 'normal' list anymore, even at the margins.
>
> Anyone work any place that he wouldn't be escorted to the door by
> police? Just wondering. No joking here, either.

Could you imagine having to spend eight hours a day around him? I suppose it could
be almost tolerable if he had to put on some "safety gear" when he got in:

http://www.meo-team.net/products/7137/1.7137.jpg