Time for Ullrich to come out fighting

cyclingheroes said:
Off topic:

welt.de:

Wer ist Ihrer Meinung nach der größte deutsche Sportler der vergangenen 15 Jahre?

poll_score.gif
17.1 % Boris Becker
poll_score.gif
2.6 % Sven Hannawald
poll_score.gif
1.6 % Henry Maske
poll_score.gif
7.6 % Dirk Nowitzki
poll_score.gif
51.3 % Michael Schumacher
poll_score.gif
19.7 % Jan Ullrich

Aye.. ulle got my vote!
I follow sports pretty closely.. but I have to admit maske and nowitzki I have never heard of.

Bjørn P.Dal said:
Aye.. ulle got my vote!
I follow sports pretty closely.. but I have to admit maske and nowitzki I have never heard of.
Maske is a boxer and Nowitzki plays in the NBA

Bjørn P.Dal said:
Aye.. ulle got my vote!

I voted and he is up to over 20% now.

jhuskey said:
I voted and he is up to over 20% now.
New standings:

poll_score.gif
17.0 %Boris Becker
poll_score.gif
2.3 %Sven Hannawald
poll_score.gif
1.4 %Henry Maske
poll_score.gif
8.1 %Dirk Nowitzki
poll_score.gif
49.3 %Michael Schumacher
poll_score.gif
21.9 %Jan Ullrich

cyclingheroes said:
New standings:

poll_score.gif
17.0 %Boris Becker
poll_score.gif
2.3 %Sven Hannawald
poll_score.gif
1.4 %Henry Maske
poll_score.gif
8.1 %Dirk Nowitzki
poll_score.gif
49.3 %Michael Schumacher
poll_score.gif
21.9 %Jan Ullrich

How many votes do I get?

cyclingheroes said:
I'm affraid just one but for your weekend ride you should actually be voted for yourself!;)

No I would give it my asthmatic wife who braved 0 degree weather. Coughing and gaging for a least 40 km's of the ride, with a bad knee.

jhuskey said:
No I would give it my asthmatic wife who braved 0 degree weather. Coughing and gaging for a least 40 km's of the ride, with a bad knee.
You both get the votes.... for the best team!

By the way the poll changes fast ( welt.de ):

16.2 %Boris Becker
poll_score.gif
2.0 %Sven Hannawald
poll_score.gif
1.3 %Henry Maske
poll_score.gif
8.1 %Dirk Nowitzki
poll_score.gif
46.1 %Michael Schumacher
poll_score.gif
26.3 %Jan Ullrich

cyclingheroes said:
The statement on Jan's website (Saturday) was pretty clear. Rudy Pevenage will appear in a German Talkshow (TV) on October 30. Things are starting to move...(slowly but..)
He should ask Fuentes to do the talk show too. That'd clear up a few things. Maybe Fuentes could even bring a bag of Jan's blood and they could do an on-air DNA test! Talk about ratings! If you're not an American you probably didn't know this, but Tyra Banks, a black super model with huge tits and a talk show, put to rest rumors -- live -- that her boobs were fake.

She had an on-air breast examination! The ratings went through the roof. Talk about good television.

Attached is a pic if you missed it.

And yes, they are real.

cyclingheroes said:
hmm no... not sure, we will have to wait and see what he has to say...

@andrija: even if he retires he will want to clear his name.

Jan should hire these guys as his lawyers and settle out of court. They could get it done my noon tomorrow.

The only problem is...... These guys don't want money...

lw

www.welt.de most popular athlete of the last 15 years:

13.1 % Boris Becker
1.4 % Sven Hannawald
0.7 % Henry Maske
7.1 % Dirk Nowitzki
38.6 % Michael Schumacher
39.2 % Jan Ullrich

jhuskey said:
Damn,I hope if I am ever accused of a crime and you are not on the jury. You would give me the death penalty for speeding.

My sentiments exactly ...

cyclingheroes said:
@andrija: even if he retires he will want to clear his name.
That’s what I would expect too, but I’d also expect him to be a lot more proactive about using DNA testing as the way to do it. The same goes for Basso. The fact that the UCI can’t compel them to do so is not relevant to the point I’m making here – the riders under suspicion should demand DNA testing if they know the bags of blood in Fuentes’ lab didn’t come from them. Given how damaging these dangling suspicions are likely to be for them, it’s utterly perplexing to me that they haven’t been more proactive in seeking to exonerate themselves through the universally respected method of DNA comparison.

fbircher said:
That’s what I would expect too, but I’d also expect him to be a lot more proactive about using DNA testing as the way to do it. The same goes for Basso. The fact that the UCI can’t compel them to do so is not relevant to the point I’m making here – the riders under suspicion should demand DNA testing if they know the bags of blood in Fuentes’ lab didn’t come from them. Given how damaging these dangling suspicions are likely to be for them, it’s utterly perplexing to me that they haven’t been more proactive in seeking to exonerate themselves through the universally respected method of DNA comparison.
Ulle doesn't say a lot about his defence. In the circle around him there are speculations that he voluntarily gave a DNA sample but not to the UCI (but to Swiss authorities). These speculations are older than the DNA speculation after the house search. We will have to wait what in reality happened.

cyclingheroes said:
Ulle doesn't say a lot about his defence. In the circle around him there are speculations that he voluntarily gave a DNA sample but not to the UCI (but to Swiss authorities). These speculations are older than the DNA speculation after the house search. We will have to wait what in reality happened.
the fight has began!!

Liebe Fans,

ich kann Euch in diesen Tagen nicht oft genug sagen, wieviel mir Eure Unterstützung bedeutet. Ihr habt bewiesen, dass Ihr nicht nur in schönen, sondern gerade auch in schwierigen Tagen fest an meiner Seite steht. Etwas Schöneres kann es für einen Sportler nicht geben, denn diese Tage waren/sind nicht gerade leicht für mich.

In letzter Zeit habe ich mich selten bei Euch gemeldet, da ich diese schwierige Situation selbst gar nicht begriffen habe und auch noch gar nicht richtig verarbeiten konnte. So etwas steckt man nicht einfach so weg. Es ist auch wirklich schwer für mich, täglich Lügengeschichten über mich in den Medien zu lesen. Um nicht verrückt zu werden, kann und will ich nicht jede Veröffentlichung über meine Person kommentieren. Ich hoffe, Ihr habt dafür Verständnis.

Mit Genugtuung habe ich übrigens in der vergangenen Woche die Mitteilung erhalten, dass gegen Ivan Basso kein Verfahren eingeleitet wird. Ivan und ich waren bekanntlich die Topfavoriten der diesjährigen Tour de France. Leider sind wir aus dem Rennen genommen und an der Ausübung unseres Sports gehindert worden. Mit Ivan habe ich in den vergangenen Wochen, die für uns beide nicht leicht waren, immer Kontakt gehalten. Jetzt freue ich mich als einer seiner größten sportlichen Rivalen, dass der Spuk für ihn vorbei ist. Ich hoffe, dass seine Vorbereitung reibungslos beginnen kann und er mit einem guten Team dafür entschädigt wird, was ihm im Juni widerfahren ist. Monate harten Trainings und der Schmerzen waren pötzlich umsonst, weil auf der Grundlage von Gerüchten und einer beispiellosen Hetzjagd eine presseöffentliche Vorverurteilung stattgefunden hat. Sein Freispruch kann uns allen Mut machen.

Vielen Dank für Eure Unterstützung und Eure Hilfe.

Euer Jan

P.S. Gestern gab es wieder eine der unzähligen Lügengeschichten über mich: Ich hätte meine Physiotherapeutin gekündigt. Die Wahrheit ist, dass Birgit nicht mit mir, sondern mit der Mannschaft einen Vertrag hatte. Von ihrer angeblichen Kündigung habe ich nur aus den Medien erfahren. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So in short Bridget’s contract was T-Mobile not with Jan and Ullrich will ride with Basso at DC next year ! He sounds very pumped from below... using Basso acquittal as a precedence for his own ? I think we could see him next year…

zlatan said:
the fight has began!!

Liebe Fans,

ich kann Euch in diesen Tagen nicht oft genug sagen, wieviel mir Eure Unterstützung bedeutet. Ihr habt bewiesen, dass Ihr nicht nur in schönen, sondern gerade auch in schwierigen Tagen fest an meiner Seite steht. Etwas Schöneres kann es für einen Sportler nicht geben, denn diese Tage waren/sind nicht gerade leicht für mich.

In letzter Zeit habe ich mich selten bei Euch gemeldet, da ich diese schwierige Situation selbst gar nicht begriffen habe und auch noch gar nicht richtig verarbeiten konnte. So etwas steckt man nicht einfach so weg. Es ist auch wirklich schwer für mich, täglich Lügengeschichten über mich in den Medien zu lesen. Um nicht verrückt zu werden, kann und will ich nicht jede Veröffentlichung über meine Person kommentieren. Ich hoffe, Ihr habt dafür Verständnis.

Mit Genugtuung habe ich übrigens in der vergangenen Woche die Mitteilung erhalten, dass gegen Ivan Basso kein Verfahren eingeleitet wird. Ivan und ich waren bekanntlich die Topfavoriten der diesjährigen Tour de France. Leider sind wir aus dem Rennen genommen und an der Ausübung unseres Sports gehindert worden. Mit Ivan habe ich in den vergangenen Wochen, die für uns beide nicht leicht waren, immer Kontakt gehalten. Jetzt freue ich mich als einer seiner größten sportlichen Rivalen, dass der Spuk für ihn vorbei ist. Ich hoffe, dass seine Vorbereitung reibungslos beginnen kann und er mit einem guten Team dafür entschädigt wird, was ihm im Juni widerfahren ist. Monate harten Trainings und der Schmerzen waren pötzlich umsonst, weil auf der Grundlage von Gerüchten und einer beispiellosen Hetzjagd eine presseöffentliche Vorverurteilung stattgefunden hat. Sein Freispruch kann uns allen Mut machen.

Vielen Dank für Eure Unterstützung und Eure Hilfe.

Euer Jan

P.S. Gestern gab es wieder eine der unzähligen Lügengeschichten über mich: Ich hätte meine Physiotherapeutin gekündigt. Die Wahrheit ist, dass Birgit nicht mit mir, sondern mit der Mannschaft einen Vertrag hatte. Von ihrer angeblichen Kündigung habe ich nur aus den Medien erfahren. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

whiteboytrash said:
So in short Bridget’s contract was T-Mobile not with Jan and Ullrich will ride with Basso at DC next year ! He sounds very pumped from below... using Basso acquittal as a precedence for his own ? I think we could see him next year…
yes exatcly.. things are begin to moveing (spelling)