Tonight will be my first night ride - any advise?

On Mon, 27 Oct, AndyP <[email protected]> wrote:

> If that's off road as in cycle path watch out for people approaching without lights. If it's off
> road as in paths through the woods, fields etc remember that every rustle or pair of reflected
> eyes is probably something out to kill you.

One of my commute routes has a stretch through fields and then woods (about a mile of each). I often
marvel (as I try and sprint to the welcoming safety of the streetlights) just how much it feels like
every little rustle is something out to kill you.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Ian Smith wrote:
> I often marvel (as I try and sprint to the welcoming safety of the streetlights) just how much it
> feels like every little rustle is something out to kill you.

Then you arrive at the streetlights where you really are surrounded by things trying to kill you.

Simonb

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:44:31 +0000 (UTC), Ian Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Oct, AndyP <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> If that's off road as in cycle path watch out for people approaching without lights. If it's off
>> road as in paths through the woods, fields etc remember that every rustle or pair of reflected
>> eyes is probably something out to kill you.
>
>One of my commute routes has a stretch through fields and then woods (about a mile of each). I
>often marvel (as I try and sprint to the welcoming safety of the streetlights) just how much it
>feels like every little rustle is something out to kill you.

My Pino has its front light mounted on the end of the boom, between the front (stoker's) pedals.
When riding it solo (to pick up the Boy from Cubs, for example) the front pedals spin randomly as
the freewheel picks up. This causes the light to cast odd looking shadows to the side, every one of
which is something out to kill me.

Tim
--
In space no one can eat ice cream