TOSRV

H

Harry Spatz

I am interested in hooking up with others who are planning to ride TOSRV in Columbus Ohio, May 8,9,
2004. I live in Lexington, MA, outside of Boston, and would like to share the driving and perhaps
accommodations in Columbus. I am 52 years old and have done 4 TOSRV's, 2 in the late '60s and 2 in
the '90s with my wife on our tandem. This will be my first on my Barcroft Dakota.

It is an easy ride for a century, but the wind and weather can be problematic. One year on the
tandem, my wife and I rode 85 miles in the rain and it was 47 degrees when we left Columbus. The
next day there were 30 mile per hour winds out of the northwest and we were going north. It took us
nearly 11 hours to get to Columbus. You have to go with the idea that the weather adds to the fun!
It is well organized and held predominantly on lightly traveled flat roads. They only will sag in
critical situations, not simply being tired.

So please contact me off-list if you are going to TOSRV and have interest in any of the following:

1. Live east of Ohio and would like to share driving.

2. Would like to share accommodations in Columbus Friday night and Sunday night.

3. Would like to meet and ride together. Wind and weather notwithstanding I should be able to
complete the ride under 8 hr. As long as my 'bent and I are undamaged and unhurt, I will ride,
even in the worst weather.

Thanks,

Harry Spatz Lexington, MA 2002 Barcroft Dakota SWB