Ullrich announces he will take DNA test to prove innocence....

whiteboytrash said:
You're all missing the point... it is against a human beings civil liberties to give up blood for one reason to have it used in a different context... ie if you donated blood to the red cross they can't use that blood later in a criminal investigation.. it is illegal. I'm not talking about cycling laws I'm talking about the laws that protect us in everyday society. Everyone should know this ! What the authorities (police) can keep on files is your DNA but not re-test your blood.
Correct.

wolfix said:
It really doesn't matter at this point. JU is finished as a rider. And the truth will come out. I would say Basso has a better chance then JU of being innocent. We know that JU's team mate is guilty. And the team had strong evidence that Ju lied. Ju looks like a dog caught in the kitchen.
Oscar Sevilla being guilty is not important for Ulle, because Sevilla probably started to work with Fuentes before he came to TMO. If that makes Ulle guilty as well then Basso is definitely guilty. He works with Rijs, a former world-class doper. In addition Bjarne sent Hamilton to Fuentes when he was the CSC captain, so it would not surprise me if it's the same with Basso. Your comments are very biased.

Ulle had transfusions on
09/18/05 2 units
12/22/05 2 units
02/20/06 1 unit
05/01/06 3 units

"On the same day (May 18) as the mentioned time-trial in the Giro, there was
also a time-trial in the Tour de l'Aude in which Janne Brok was a
participant. Yes, I know she is a woman ... but is women's cycling any
cleaner compared to men's?

Taking time changes into account, there was also a time-trial in the Tour of
Japan (May 19), in which the Belgian rider Jan Verstraeten was a
participant. "

After seeing the copy of the bill supposedly faxed to Tyler's wife and the amount of cash Siaz was arrested with it is a *real* reach to think these people could pay "state of the art" doping bills.

I'm not buying this has any relevance for that reason.

Chrystie

rockinchair said:
Oscar Sevilla being guilty is not important for Ulle, because Sevilla probably started to work with Fuentes before he came to TMO. If that makes Ulle guilty as well then Basso is definitely guilty. He works with Rijs, a former world-class doper. In addition Bjarne sent Hamilton to Fuentes when he was the CSC captain, so it would not surprise me if it's the same with Basso. Your comments are very biased.

Ulle had transfusions on
09/18/05 2 units
12/22/05 2 units
02/20/06 1 unit
05/01/06 3 units
If that was "ulle" then it he'd have had the transfussion the day after the tour of romandie ended (05/01/06 3 units). Tour of Romandie 25-30 April. I'm not sure what that means. Does transfusion mean the taking out or injecting in of blood? I think it means injecting in, which would make sense to aid recovery?

Ullefan said:
If that was "ulle" then it he'd have had the transfussion the day after the tour of romandie ended (05/01/06 3 units). Tour of Romandie 25-30 April. I'm not sure what that means. Does transfusion mean the taking out or injecting in of blood? I think it means injecting in, which would make sense to aid recovery?
Normally the transfusions take place a few hours before the race starts...

rockinchair said:

Ulle had transfusions on
09/18/05 2 units
12/22/05 2 units
02/20/06 1 unit
05/01/06 3 units
My point was that Sevilla suggested that JU was guilty. I was not suggesting association had anything to do with it.
So far the only evidence they have against Basso is the name of his dog. With JU, it is the phone calls from his mangaer, his actual name of Jan being on blood bags, and th ereference to #1.

I think Basso is guilty.

wolfix said:
My point was that Sevilla suggested that JU was guilty. I was not suggesting association had anything to do with it.
So far the only evidence they have against Basso is the name of his dog. With JU, it is the phone calls from his mangaer, his actual name of Jan being on blood bags, and th ereference to #1.

I think Basso is guilty.
no there is more than the name of his dog. Basso was mentioned in one of the phone calls and he is on a list that had all Fuentes riders for the Giro. Of course Ullrich is on the list too.

whiteboytrash said:
Jan Ullrich has said today from his home in Switzerland that he will take a DNA test to prove the blood doesn't belong to him... what will Basso do ?

Ullrich's statement about getting a DNA test done - seems to suggest that he (JU) is adamant in his insistence on his innocence.

If Ullrich's DNA sample is different to the DNA in the blood which the Spanish authorities say is JU's - then JU is in the clear to the extent that that laboratory blood isn't Jan Ullrich's.

But I think that there could be a problem here.

If blood has been extracted from Ullrich's system - who's to say where the final destination for that blood, is?
For example, could Pevenage have been dealing with Fuentes without Ullrich's knowledge?

limerickman said:
Ullrich's statement about getting a DNA test done - seems to suggest that he (JU) is adamant in his insistence on his innocence.

If Ullrich's DNA sample is different to the DNA in the blood which the Spanish authorities say is JU's - then JU is in the clear to the extent that that laboratory blood isn't Jan Ullrich's.

But I think that there could be a problem here.

If blood has been extracted from Ullrich's system - who's to say where the final destination for that blood, is?
For example, could Pevenage have been dealing with Fuentes without Ullrich's knowledge?
Surely you're not suggesting Pevenage would deal with blood samples taken from Jan and manipulated them without Jan's knowledge? Crazy, but just possible.

Edit: No this is impossible, unless Jan was willing.

limerickman said:
Bjorn - my German is pretty poor.

Can you tell us the gist of this article?

My German is also pretty poor I'm affraid, and I havent translated and read the article. Seeing its a few days old I doubt it will bring anything new to the table. However it links to a couple of videos and in one of them you can see Rudy doing a "run for it" between the hotel and the waiting car.

Bjørn P.Dal said:
My German is also pretty poor I'm affraid, and I havent translated and read the article. Seeing its a few days old I doubt it will bring anything new to the table. However it links to a couple of videos and in one of them you can see Rudy doing a "run for it" between the hotel and the waiting car.
Nothing new, it's old stuff.

I defended Lance and I defend Jan until proven guilty and I will go down with the ship if necessary. Bring it on and if he is found guilty I will be the fool, but if he is not I will make every one of you that damn him eat **** and I can do it.
You don't know me and I am a relentless asshole when ****** off.
So lets be friends for now and see what happens.
kUM BA YA, MF!

Ullefan said:
Surely you're not suggesting Pevenage would deal with blood samples taken from Jan and manipulated them without Jan's knowledge? Crazy, but just possible.

Edit: No this is impossible, unless Jan was willing.

Here's what I am suggesting.

JU's statements to TMO lawyers was emphatic last week.
JU's signing a declaration that he never dealt with Fuentes was emphatic.

Now, JU is prepared to give a DNA sample in order to challenge the identity of the "JAN" blood held by the Spanish police.
Again, another emphatic declaration by JU that he had nothing whatsoever got anything to do with Fuentes.

If JU's DNA is different to the labs blood DNA sample - JU is in the clear, in so
far as his blood is not the blood at the lab.

BUT.
If Pevenage went on a solo run - and was somehow involved with Fuentes without Jan's knowledge......it could be the case that if JU's DNA matched the
blood sample DNA ......it could mean that Pevenage had in fact gone on a solo run with Fuentes without JU being aware of it.

limerickman said:

Now, JU is prepared to give a DNA sample in order to challenge the identity of the "JAN" blood held by the Spanish police.
Again, another emphatic declaration by JU that he had nothing whatsoever got anything to do with Fuentes.

If JU's DNA is different to the labs blood DNA sample - JU is in the clear, in so

BUT.
If Pevenage went on a solo run - and was somehow involved with Fuentes without Jan's knowledge......it could be the case that if JU's DNA matched the
blood sample DNA ......it could mean that Pevenage had in fact gone on a solo run with Fuentes without JU being aware of it.
If Pevenage did in fact go on a solo run without JU being aware, then he could be in a whole ____ (put in your own four letter word) load of troumble. NOt only Ullrich could have a lawsuit, T-Mobile would have one with the fact that this has ruined their reputation but being linked to a "perceived doper." PLus I am not sure of the Spanish laws, but it could be legal matters.

Also, if found to be true, then I imaging many Pro Tour teams could possibly look into not allowing rider to have a "personal advisor."

The possibilities this scandal could end up going are just mindboggling.

Capt.Injury said:
If Pevenage did in fact go on a solo run without JU being aware, then he could be in a whole ____ (put in your own four letter word) load of troumble. NOt only Ullrich could have a lawsuit, T-Mobile would have one with the fact that this has ruined their reputation but being linked to a "perceived doper." PLus I am not sure of the Spanish laws, but it could be legal matters.

Also, if found to be true, then I imaging many Pro Tour teams could possibly look into not allowing rider to have a "personal advisor."

The possibilities this scandal could end up going are just mindboggling.

I realise that it is a remote possibility.

It's just that I am struck by the vehemence of JU's denials : and his willingness to offer a DNA sample.

If JU was party to doping and he knows his blood was in that lab - why would he offer DNA, if it would only further incriminate him?

My instinct (and it's perhaps blinded by being a fan) tells me that JU's willingness to give a DNA sample is significant.

limerickman said:

BUT.
OK, I defended Tyler when he was guilty so I am giving everyone everywhere the benefit of the doubt, but this is stretching it.
Really stretching it.
I hope Jan is innocent but I cant really even state that with one ounce of real feeling.
There has got to be more going on than some blood in a fridge that wont match Jan, (or he wouldnt have offered the test.)
If you were peaking for the TdF and at the height of your career, I dont think you would skulk away quietly with a few denials.
Maybe I am too used to the American Lance way, but if I were innocent,

I would call a press conference, I would rent the largest room, I would get in front of the mikes and scream bloody murder and revenge, submit to every blood test, DNA test, whatever, and threaten to sue ASO, Jean Marie, ProTOUR and anyone else involved.

That is not exactly what Basso and Jan have been doing.

But yes, to answer your point, if Rudy were very involved with Fuentes, they would fire Rudy, not Jan. They must have evidence that Jan lied and Jan had contact or they would have kept him on. He brohe his word to T-Mob, so there is something else going on.

bobke said:
OK, I defended Tyler when he was guilty so I am giving everyone everywhere the benefit of the doubt, but this is stretching it.
Really stretching it.
I hope Jan is innocent but I cant really even state that with one ounce of real feeling.
There has got to be more going on than some blood in a fridge that wont match Jan, (or he wouldnt have offered the test.)
If you were peaking for the TdF and at the height of your career, I dont think you would skulk away quietly with a few denials.
Maybe I am too used to the American Lance way, but if I were innocent,

I would call a press conference, I would rent the largest room, I would get in front of the mikes and scream bloody murder and revenge, submit to every blood test, DNA test, whatever, and threaten to sue ASO, Jean Marie, ProTOUR and anyone else involved.

That is not exactly what Basso and Jan have been doing.

But yes, to answer your point, if Rudy were very involved with Fuentes, they would fire Rudy, not Jan. They must have evidence that Jan lied and Jan had contact or they would have kept him on. He brohe his word to T-Mob, so there is something else going on.

Fair point.

But when your team drops you - you cannot start screaming blue murder.
TMO made the correct decision given the evidence at the time.
Ullrich had to provide evidence other than just statements/words to counter the evidence that TMO were given.

Now JU is going a stage further - Ullrich's issue is not with TMO and their decision to drop him.
Ullrich needs to provide evidence which will counter the central piece of evidence against him (ie his blood in that lab).

Ullrich could be posturing of course, I don't know.

But it would be crazy if he guilty - to prolong his situation by offering DNA
if he already knows that he has cheated, wouldn't it?