Ullrich fans are getting angry

Not only are fans ****** off with the UCI's inability to deal with the entire OP affair, there is growing disquiet at federation level.

The UCI President is coming under more pressure.

Watch this space.

limerickman said:
Not only are fans ****** off with the UCI's inability to deal with the entire OP affair, there is growing disquiet at federation level.

Watch this space.
The UCI Pro-Tour is challenged by the organisation of race organizers at the European Commision. The UCI is in big trouble (Puerto, Grand-Tours, now the other Race Organizers..)

cyclingheroes said:
The UCI Pro-Tour is challenged by the organisation of race organizers at the European Commision. The UCI is in big trouble (Puerto, Grand-Tours, now the other Race Organizers..)

Moves are afoot at Federation level also, let me tell you.

limerickman said:
Moves are afoot at Federation level also, let me tell you.
I heard Verbruggen led the last meeting of the anti-doping commission. They decided to start a big media campaign....:eek:

cyclingheroes said:
I heard Verbruggen led the last meeting of the anti-doping commission. They decided to start a big media campaign....:eek:

There's trans-national consensus, at national federation level, that this entire affiar has ruptured the sport more seriously than any doping scandal could possibly have done.
I was speaking to "the powers that be" here - and was told that other national federations are canvassing as we speak to get this matter sorted.
Seems that there is cross national support to tell the UCI to lift these ridiculous bans.

limerickman said:
There's trans-national consensus, at national federation level, that this entire affiar has ruptured the sport more seriously than any doping scandal could possibly have done.
I was speaking to "the powers that be" here - and was told that other national federations are canvassing as we speak to get this matter sorted.
Seems that there is cross national support to tell the UCI to lift these ridiculous bans.
Maybe that's the reason for the "big media campaign"???

cyclingheroes said:
Maybe that's the reason for the "big media campaign"???

Possibly.

I'm told that McQuaid realises that this case is a non-event.
Whether he is being forced to adopt a line by others at the UCI, is the issue.

Byzantine.

limerickman said:
Possibly.

I'm told that McQuaid realises that this case is a non-event.
Whether he is being forced to adopt a line by others at the UCI, is the issue.

Byzantine.
At the moment the Swiss are the only ones who are still planning to open a disciplinary case. I hope to get the "court version" of Puerto soon, after that we will know what exactly was manipulated. I am negotiating about that, hope it will work out...

But for now... I have to sleep a bit, want to do some serious traing tomorrow!

Yeah, big training block scheduled for tomorrow here too.

It's important to get a lot of miles in between now and the Christmas.

Keep pedalling!

For fear of hijacking an Ullrich thread, I think Landis is innocent...

But I've often thought this...imagine if you're peddaling your **** of throughout the Tour, you win, but in the back of your mind you're thinking there's a good chance that you'll be accused of doping for no apparent reason...how horrible must that be? Even if you win you're not really sure untill a couple of weeks...or even months have gone by...that you're the real winner.

limerickman said:

Watch this space.

Jaguar27 said:
For fear of hijacking an Ullrich thread, I think Landis is innocent...

But I've often thought this...imagine if you're peddaling your **** of throughout the Tour, you win, but in the back of your mind you're thinking there's a good chance that you'll be accused of doping for no apparent reason...how horrible must that be? Even if you win you're not really sure untill a couple of weeks...or even months have gone by...that you're the real winner.
Think about: you want to win the Tour and worked long and hard for it and you don't even get the chance to start...

cyclingheroes said:
At the moment the Swiss are the only ones who are still planning to open a disciplinary case. I hope to get the "court version" of Puerto soon, after that we will know what exactly was manipulated. I am negotiating about that, hope it will work out...

But for now... I have to sleep a bit, want to do some serious traing tomorrow!
If Ullrich's case is dropped, it would be a very brave team that would have the courage to sign him?

Its such a shame to see great talent going to waste.

The Double Zero said:
If Ullrich's case is dropped, it would be a very brave team that would have the courage to sign him?

Its such a shame to see great talent going to waste.
Ullrich won't have a problem to find a team.

I believe Jan (or Basso) would have won the TdF this year had he not been banned. JU has always been one of my favorite pro riders.

I signed the petition.

Wurm said:
I believe Jan (or Basso) would have won the TdF this year had he not been banned. JU has always been one of my favorite pro riders.

I signed the petition.

It's possible, but then either one could have been wrongly accused of doping also....they could be in Landis position right now ...

Jaguar27 said:
...but then either one could have been wrongly accused of doping also....they could be in Landis position right now ...
True, unfortunately.