Unfaired recumbent hour record vs. upright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim McNamara wrote:

> Hi Fastboy, Fastrider, FasterthanUR,
>
> ... or whatever moniker you happen to choose to conveniently hide behind ... at least I have the
> testicular fortitude not to obscure my identity. Isn't it about time to muster up the courage to
> crawl out of the woodwork and identify yourself to your adoring public? What are you afraid of?
> For a Fastboy, you're not to swift are you? You someone entirely misconstrued what was being
> called into question, but I'll address what you had to say, anyways. I happen to be far more fair
> that either you or Ed when making an assessment. I don't stretch the truth or out an outright lie.
> I'm more than willing to give credit where credit is due and I agree with you that that Ed has
> done much to benefit the HPV community. It is what he happens to like to
> do. I have done lots to benefit the community in which I live. It is one of the things that I
> like to do. Call it personal preference. We are all entitled to use our available time as we
> see fit. How we chose to devote our time is a personal decision, and, as such, is a
> preference that is not subject to debate. I realize that you and Ed have this passionate
> mutual admiration society thing going, but I don't understand your compulsion to defend him.
> He's a big boy and he doesn't need a stand-in who prefers to enter into combat arena
> incognito. Since you employ the initials "AA", I have a pretty good idea who you are. As
> concerns Ed, I happen to have about as high an opinion of him as you do of me. I have good
> reason to dislike Ed, although I'm puzzled why you have such disdain for me. Perhaps Ed's got
> you brainwashed. Regardless, I have no particular bone to pick with, but I will defend
> myself. I take issue with your assessment that all my HPV posts as "dribble", but you are
> entitled to your opinion. I have had many an HPV responder, compliment me on many of my
> posts, aside from those that were devoted to brief skirmishes Ed and I participated in for
> which we both took some heat. As far as riding with world class cyclists go, yeah I've done
> that, but Ed has too, and I presume you have as well. I'm not sure why you're making such a
> big deal about this. Riding with this class of cyclist (not just on the North Brach trail by
> the way) allows one to testing his or her metal and one can profit by the challenge and can
> learn a few things in the process. As concerns my keyboard versus bike time, judging from you
> many posts, you put in a bit of keyboard time yourself, so what basis do you have for your
> accusations? You have no way of knowing how much time I spend at a keyboard or on a bike, for
> that matter. Although I don't put in Ed's mega-miles, I have ridden 5,000, 6000, and 7,000
> mile seasons and rode 5,000 miles this past year. Understand that although cycling is an
> essential part of my life, I have not allowed for it to take over my life. I have other
> things that demand my attention and I have consciously chosen not to devote every available
> moment that I have to clocking miles. That's my personal choice and, as such, it is not open
> to debate. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do ... it's that simple. Now I'll take a shot
> at addressing Ed's fictitious babble.
>
> Jim McNamara
>
> fastrider <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Jim
> > McNamara) wrote:
> >
> > > Stay tuned for more of the same bullhsit from the man who does it best, a legend in his own
> > > mind and Peter Pan of the recumbent set ... "HEAD" Gin! - Jim McNamara
> >
> > You got it all wrong Jimmy, You are the one who is full of nothing but BS with all your self
> > righteous, self serving, boring dribble you post on the HPV list. At least Ed takes an active
> > part in the local HPV community, he has helped a lot of people get started with recumbents, he
> > has organized rides and social events, he has been involved with the HPV racing circuit and also
> > has a web site with a lot of documented information about fairings, projects and data regarding
> > many recumbent models.
> >
> > You on the other hand have done nothing of benefit for the bent community.
> >
> > Jimmy you are just a bag of hot air on the HPV list who spends more time at the keyboard than
> > riding his bike. Save your big stories about all the world class cyclist you ride with on the
> > North Branch trail for Ripley's Believe It or Not. Looks like you are the one full of BS Jimmy.
> >
> > Fastrider

"fastrider" <[email protected]> wrote in message .attbi.com...
> > Roads are for high speed rides Jimmy not pedestrian bike trails. So I
> suggest you stay on the road when you need to chase someone in the future.

Hey hold it right there, us serious roadies don't really want you bent geeks out on the real roads
when we're out training.

Why can't you types just keep them in the park or truck them to some tourist place like Cape Cod.

To guys like me you're just another damn road hazard to steer clear of.

In article <[email protected]>, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "fastrider" <[email protected]> wrote in message .attbi.com...
> > > Roads are for high speed rides Jimmy not pedestrian bike trails. So I
> > suggest you stay on the road when you need to chase someone in the future.
>
> Hey hold it right there, us serious roadies don't really want you bent geeks out on the real roads
> when we're out training.
>
> Why can't you types just keep them in the park or truck them to some tourist place like Cape Cod.
>
> To guys like me you're just another damn road hazard to steer clear of.
>
>
>
Fab, The fast bent racers like me don't really want to deal with you fancyboy kit duds when we're
training on real roads. Can't you just keep your DF's in the closet and stop creating slow eye sores
on the road. You're dangerous on those things.

Because of you and your kind I now have to add a Incredibell to the handle bars so I can ring it and
your types will know to get the hell out of my way when I pass and outpace you. Either stay off the
road all together or get out of my way Fab. Gee wiz.

All I want is a nice fast ride in my sandals, baggy shorts, t-shirt and beard. Now I have to get a
bell and add more weight to the bike. Darn you Fabio.

Fastrider

Yes fastrider, dribble and silly excuses are the fare of Jimmy,

I recall posting about a "supposedly experienced riders mistake" of hitting the brakes unexpectedly
forcing the two riders whom had entrusted him with leading off the front, forcing them both into the
weeds endangering them.

And guess why he did this stupid thing, apparently he saw a his friend ride by the opposite
direction, certainly no justification for his action!

I didn't even mention his name but he nevertheless wanted vindication for his ignorant actions and
justified it by calling it a "rookie error."

His actions certainly demonstrated his knowledge and consideration for fellow riders following
closely behind. One can just imagine what any group or pace line would do if they encountered a
rider like Jimmy.

Needless to say, watch out when riding behind him, and this type of behavior certainly is not what
an "experienced rider would do."

Ed - just another dumb thing Jimmy does on the trail - Gin

fastrider wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Jim
> McNamara) wrote:
>
> I take issue with your assessment
> > that all my HPV posts as "dribble"
>
> Same self righteous, long winded dribble that has been going on on that HPV list for years
> form Jimmy.
>
> My favorite HPV post of yours was the one about the MTB rider who you chased on the pedestrian
> bike trail for saying something to you. You risked the safety, health and well being of children
> and elderly folks on the pedestrian bike trail with your high speed antics all cause you had to go
> after a MTB rider who said something to you. Guess you had to spare your fragile ego Jimmy.
>
> Roads are for high speed rides Jimmy not pedestrian bike trails. So I suggest you stay on the road
> when you need to chase someone in the future.
>
> Perhaps you can get together with your elite buddy Fab for a ride. You two belong together.
>
> Fastrider

fastrider <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> McNamara) wrote:
>
> I take issue with your assessment
> > that all my HPV posts as "dribble"
>
> Same self righteous, long winded dribble that has been going on on that HPV list for years
> form Jimmy.
>
> My favorite HPV post of yours was the one about the MTB rider who you chased on the pedestrian
> bike trail for saying something to you. You risked the safety, health and well being of children
> and elderly folks on the pedestrian bike trail with your high speed antics all cause you had to go
> after a MTB rider who said something to you. Guess you had to spare your fragile ego Jimmy.
>
> Roads are for high speed rides Jimmy not pedestrian bike trails. So I suggest you stay on the road
> when you need to chase someone in the future.
>
> Perhaps you can get together with your elite buddy Fab for a ride. You two belong together.
>
> Fastrider
Hi Fastrider,

Still hiding out behing your moniker, eh. Aren't you the bold and courageous one. I don't recall the
post in question. Maybe Ed's fabrications are a communicable disease and you caught it. I do agree
though that bike trails, are for the most part not intended for high speed riding. No quibble there.
Why though are you not equally critical of yout buddy Ed? Surely you have seen his posts about his
record runs down that same "pedestrian bike trail" (oxymoron from a moron) and let's not forget the
tales "ad anuseum" of impromptu races staged on other bike trails. As for my ego, it isn't very
fragile and, unlike you an Ed, my primary motivaitonal imperative is not ego gratification. As for
Fab, "my elite buddy", like Ed you just can't manage to get anything right, can you. I not only have
never ridden with Fab. I don't even know the man. Care to jump in here Fab and help set the record
straigt?. If there is anyone that belongs together it is you and Ed. You make the perfect couple.
Have you too announced your engagement yet? You know fastboy, I've grown weary of you, Ed, your
******** and your immature adolescent bravado. Are you two ever going to get a life an grow up? Just
like Ed ... you bore me. YAWN!

Jim McNamara

No need to answer Jimmy's post as is the case, his "integrity" is questioned once more. Gee you
haven't explained your alleged "criminal" acts have you Jimmy??????

Case at hand accuses me of "dangerous riding at speed" on the trail. Consider the facts,

My high speed run was conducted at 6AM on a Saturday morning with ambient temperatures well below
what cyclists prefer to ride in. Matter of fact, I only passed 1 cyclist for the entire 30 mile
round-trip, certainly not endangering the occupants on the multi use trail.

And the numerous runs down the Skokie Valley Trail, which BTW is nicknamed "the autobahn" are
conducted with little traffic as this trail is very empty year round.

And Jimmy, are you ever going to grow up and take responsibility for you allegedly "illegal"
activities????

Ed - on the right side of the law - Gin

Jim McNamara wrote:

> > McNamara) wrote:
> >
> > I take issue with your assessment
> > > that all my HPV posts as "dribble"
> >
> > Same self righteous, long winded dribble that has been going on on that HPV list for years form
> > Jimmy.
> >
> > My favorite HPV post of yours was the one about the MTB rider who you chased on the pedestrian
> > bike trail for saying something to you. You risked the safety, health and well being of children
> > and elderly folks on the pedestrian bike trail with your high speed antics all cause you had to
> > go after a MTB rider who said something to you. Guess you had to spare your fragile ego Jimmy.
> >
> > Roads are for high speed rides Jimmy not pedestrian bike trails. So I suggest you stay on the
> > road when you need to chase someone in the future.
> >
> > Perhaps you can get together with your elite buddy Fab for a ride. You two belong together.
> >
> > Fastrider
> Hi Fastrider,
>
> Still hiding out behing your moniker, eh. Aren't you the bold and courageous one. I don't recall
> the post in question. Maybe Ed's fabrications are a communicable disease and you caught it. I do
> agree though that bike trails, are for the most part not intended for high speed riding. No
> quibble there. Why though are you not equally critical of yout buddy Ed? Surely you have seen his
> posts about his record runs down that same "pedestrian bike trail" (oxymoron from a moron) and
> let's not forget the tales "ad anuseum" of impromptu races staged on other bike trails. As for my
> ego, it isn't very fragile and, unlike you an Ed, my primary motivaitonal imperative is not ego
> gratification. As for Fab, "my elite buddy", like Ed you just can't manage to get anything right,
> can you. I not only have never ridden with Fab. I don't even know the man. Care to jump in here
> Fab and help set the record straigt?. If there is anyone that belongs together it is you and Ed.
> You make the perfect couple. Have you too announced your engagement yet? You know fastboy, I've
> grown weary of you, Ed, your ******** and your immature adolescent bravado. Are you two ever going
> to get a life an grow up? Just like Ed ... you bore me. YAWN!
>
> Jim McNamara

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Jim
McNamara) wrote:

> Still hiding out behing your moniker, eh. Aren't you the bold and courageous one. I don't recall
> the post in question.

No Jimmy, I wasn't telling a tall tale. You were on the pedestrian bike trail and a fellow rider
passed you in the opposite direction, waved and said "ride safely". You in turn chased the guy and
scared the hell out him and of course he became offensive because you were threatening him and
endangering other people chasing him on the trail. Just for telling you to "ride safely".

Here's some of your HPV article quotes "Before I could even utter a word, he glared at me and
screamed. "Why did you stop."

"I said, "I've had enough of your ****. Don't sing it ... bring it. Let's get it on"."

Anyone on this list who wants to read the rest can go to:
http://www.ihpva.org/pipermail/hpv/Week-of-Mon-20020408/023708.html

BTW,I do not need someone like you threatening my safety or life the way you threatened an average
rider on the bike trail for doing nothing more than greeting you on a ride. I avoid riders like you
at all costs.

Fastrider

"Jim McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message .
> As for Fab, "my elite buddy", like Ed you just can't manage to get anything right, can you. I not
> only have never ridden with Fab. I don't even know the man. Care to jump in here Fab and help set
> the record straigt?.

You're correct there, can't say I've ridden with you.

But I have been known to let other riders know what I think of them when I see them out on the road.
Most often it happens in late summer when I get a bit burnt out on the bike. I don't understand why
Ed Gin thinks you getting into an ugly scene with that rider is such a big deal. Us guys should be
mature enough to be able to dish that kind of stuff out from time to time. It does have the good
effect of thinning out the weak from taking up road cycling. There are a lot of other sports the
timid can turn to.

Ed,

Like Fastboy, you conveniently ducked (purposefully avoided addressing) a number of issues that I
raised. I'll let that speak for itslef.

The facts ... by the numbers?

1. Yes, you terminated our friendhip via an email.
2. You wrote that you considered us to "have had NO friendship for quite a while" (your words). You
never mentioned a possibility for reconcilition. You wrote that sometimes people have to go
there separate ways. "Life goes on. Just Deal with it" (again your words), you wrote. I replied
thatt you conspicioulsy demonstrated how little you valued our friendship by your obstinate
reluctance to even consider the prospect of resolving our diffenerces.
3. You know me better than to think I was afraid to engage you in a face to face. You never
indiated that you wanted one and frankly I didn't want really one anyways. I mean ... what's the
point? It would have been a complete waste of time and you know it.
4. I have no reason to believe anything you have to say abouty the notes that I placed on you
winshield or in an X-Mas card. Their purpose was to refute the lies that I heard you had
been spreading about me which were rported to me by some of your riding companions. I just
wanted it to stop, that's all. By the way how is it that they read anything after you
destroyed it anyways?
5. You know I don't respond well to threats, but do you really expect me to oblige you on a public
forum? I suppose it was only a matter of time before your vindictive nature reared its ugly
head. You're really a class act. If anyone is really interested in any of this (doubtful
actually), why wouldn't they ask me instead of getting your second hand, twisted version of a
story. Would you tell them anything of the two years of criminal damage to property that I was
subjected to (another one of your deliberate, convenient memory lapses)? Well, playing fair
never was one of your strong suits. Hearsay is inadmissbale and without evidence to substantiate
whatever you say, you'll be skating on some pretty thin legal ice yourself. Just a thought.

I'm fed up with this arrogant and self-absorbed pair and their unrestrained and enormously distended
sense of self-importance. I have expended entirely too much time and energy on the both of them and
I suspect that the readership is probably sick an tired of this "airing of dirty laundry" from both
sides. I am willing to accept responsibility for my part in it, and extend my apology. Enough said.

Jim McNamara

Ed Gin & Shirleen Kajiwara <[email protected]> wrote in message
> OK,
>
> Time to set the facts straight.....
>
> Several years ago, it was I whom wrote to you terminating our friendship via email. And I
> emphasized I would welcome a face to face meeting or even a phone call to discuss our differences.
> You emailed back specifying those two options were not acceptable as you can write better????
>
> Perhaps you were afraid to engage in a two way exchange face to face?
>
> BTW, for the ensuing YEARS you were obsessed with continuing with sending me your string of emails
> crying about my posts on the net. Why you even put letters in zip lock bags on my windshield in
> addition to sending me Xmas cards with no return addresses hoping I'd read your dribble. Just to
> let you know, many riders saw that silly note you left on my windshield which was destroyed as
> soon as I read the first few words. The consensual opinion of the riders was you were and are a
> nut. Unfortunately I had to field their many inquiries why you are the way you appear. The final
> conclusion is always the same, we all hoped you well in your retirement years.
>
> Integrity is an issue you shouldn't even bring up. There are things you have done which is
> "criminal" and could be prosecuted in a court of law. And you were stupid enough to brag about
> them to many of your neighbors and friends. Remember I said SOMEDAY what you say may come back to
> haunt you?
>
> Are you ready to divulge to the public what you have done to destroy someone's means of income and
> livelihood? Or perhaps should I?
>
> Yeah Jimmy, you are one fine person of upstanding stature in your neighborhood....NOT I'm waiting
> for you to divulge your "reasoning" for "criminal behavior!"
>
> BTW, there are many whom "know" about this incident! And all agreed you should have been
> prosecuted to the full extent of the law!
>
> Jimmy, try to EXPLAIN yourself out of this........OR PERHAPS YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT as it
> would be a clear admission to your behavior and the information and facts will be forwarded to the
> victim for him to prosecute you!
>
> BTW, if anyone wants to know what Jimmy did, just ask me IN PERSON!
>
> Ed - just presenting the facts - Gin
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Jim McNamara wrote:
>
> > Ed,
> >
> > Allow me to preface my remarks by stating that your constant distortion of the truth renders
> > much of what you have to say as suspect. Your rhetoric is ripe with equivocation. Let me help
> > you with that one, Ed. Equivocation is falsification by employing language that is intentionally
> > vague or ambiguous. You have mastered of equivocation to eether mislead or avoid an unpleasant
> > truth. You have managed to deceive some people. I just happen not to be one of them. With that
> > said, I'll address the twisted notions that you attempted to pass off as dogma, accorigin to Ed.
> > OK, I'll help you with that one too. Dogma is a doctrine accepted as authoritative without any
> > requirement of proof. This is precisely what you demand from everyone whenever you open you big
> > mouth isn't it? As concerns my favorite pastime, I'll admit that when I first built up my bikes
> > I was understandably enthused about, I was proud of what I had accomplished and yes, I did
> > initially talk quite a bit about them, and yes ... their weight and their cost, but also their
> > components, wheel building, etc., but this was more often than not in direct response to an
> > inquiry. What's the crime in that? I recall you doing much the same and never thought poorly of
> > you for doing so. Even your website had topics devoted to your bikes. As far as "USED" to ride
> > with, my main "USED" to ride with "world class" training partner stopped riding for a while
> > after he retired from the pro ranks and then he moved, a fact that you know and conveniently
> > (read deliberately) omitted. Deceit ... you do love it so don't you? Have you no sense of fair
> > play? Now, lets not even get into ego or bragging, shall we. I'll concede immediately knowing
> > full well that I cannot begin to compete with you in that particular arena. When it comes to ego
> > and bragging, nobody does is better Ed Gin. As concerns our North Branch trail encounters, I do
> > my best to ignore you, but I recall having seen you 4 times. Only once was I stopped having a
> > conversation with two cyclists at my day's designated turnaround point. You also stopped to
> > engage these same two cyclists in conversation and immediately went on and one about your
> > previous days cycling exploits. I rest my case. As concern "past" friends, you needn't fabricate
> > rhetoric for them. No one I know talks remotely like that except you. As concerns the number of
> > past friends, in the past five years, I have parted company with two people, one being you and
> > the other is someone we have in common and he recently called me and expressed his desire to
> > ride with me again. By the way, he had some unpleasant things to say about you, as did another
> > riding companion that linked up with yesterday. You like to throw out numbers. I'd suggest that
> > if we were to count who has lost more friends in the past five years, you know very well how the
> > numbers would play out, so why do you persist in publicly setting yourself up for embarrassment
> > yourself? As concerns my prior post that precipitated all of this banter, if I am mistaken,
> > unlike yourself and your buddy above, I would be man enough to step forward, say that I'm wrong
> > and offer my apology. Let's face facts though; insecure as you are, you don't pass up a single
> > opportunity to seize center stage in order to bask in the limelight. By your own admission, you
> > are a publicity hound. If your claimed of 21,861 miles is accurate, it would be extremely
> > uncharacteristic of you to pass up the chance to conduct your annual mileage survey in order to
> > inscribe your feat on your website. You know it, and all of cyberspace knows
> > it ... self-promotion is your specialty and no one is more accomplished at tooting his own horn
> > than you are. With feigned humility, you asserted, "I saw no reason to post this on the
> > website as it is not all that much mileage in comparison to my many years racing when
> > younger." If I am to take you at your word, then I also have to call into question the
> > reason why you were compelled to post your three previous year's mileage figures (12,268,
> > 11,014 and 14,857). Is it just me or is this a mixed message that flies in the face of your
> > "logic"? As concerns the picture you portrayed of me ... in fact, you are a year my senior
> > ... I'm not lonely in search of companionship ... my hair has yet to turn gray. Have you no
> > integrity, at all? I forgot ... liars don't have integrity!
> >
> > P.S. By the way, when are you going to learn the difference between "who" and "whom"? I suppose
> > when you are able discern the difference between "limescreen shavings" and "limestone
> > screenings" and "prowlness" and "prowess". Less time on the bike and more time hittin' the
> > books might benefit one who is so feverishly engaged in self-promotion.
> >
> > Jim McNamara
> >
> > Ed Gin & Shirleen Kajiwara <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Fastrider,
> > >
> > > Jimmy's favorite pastime is boasting to fellow cyclists "how expensive AND light" his bikes
> > > are. Many of my fellow riders have always asked me why he brags about his bikes so often and
> > > mentions whom he USED to ride with. Their perception is he is one ego centered braggart and
> > > right they are.
> > >
> > > Recently others have mentioned to me, "every time I see Jimmy on the North Branch Trail, he
> > > isn't riding, just jabbing away," as is the case the last 3 times I've seen him. No need to
> > > guess what he is boasting about now, is there? ;-)
> > >
> > > I OTOH along with a couple of his "past" friends all wish him well with his retirement and may
> > > he "find peace with himself." :)
> > >
> > > Fair warning though, if you EVER see a black P-38 sitting on the side of the Chicago North
> > > Branch trail with a older gray haired fellow looking for companionship, think twice about
> > > stopping!
> > >
> > > But if you do, tell him Ed sent you.... :)
> > >
> > > Ed - http://www.2ni2.com/emoticon/grupos/ola.gif - Gin
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > fastrider wrote:
> > >
> > > > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Jim
> > > > McNamara) wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Stay tuned for more of the same bullhsit from the man who does it best, a legend in his
> > > > > own mind and Peter Pan of the recumbent set ... "HEAD" Gin! - Jim McNamara
> > > >
> > > > You got it all wrong Jimmy, You are the one who is full of nothing but BS with all your self
> > > > righteous, self serving, boring dribble you post on the HPV list. At least Ed takes an
> > > > active part in the local HPV community, he has helped a lot of people get started with
> > > > recumbents, he has organized rides and social events, he has been involved with the HPV
> > > > racing circuit and also has a web site with a lot of documented information about fairings,
> > > > projects and data regarding many recumbent models.
> > > >
> > > > You on the other hand have done nothing of benefit for the bent community.
> > > >
> > > > Jimmy you are just a bag of hot air on the HPV list who spends more time at the keyboard
> > > > than riding his bike. Save your big stories about all the world class cyclist you ride with
> > > > on the North Branch trail for Ripley's Believe It or Not. Looks like you are the one full of
> > > > BS Jimmy.
> > > >
> > > > Fastrider

In article <[email protected]>, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> It does have the good effect of thinning out the weak from taking up road cycling.

My Incredibell will thin out the weak riders like you on the road Fabio. I'll ring it when I pass
you, you'll get frustrated, your DF will shimmy and you'll fall over and get a big booboo on your
rump. Then you will have to take the time out and go to the fancyboy store to buy a new pink outfit.

I'll be riding when you go shopping for your pink kit.

Fastrider

Fastrider,

A minor correction is necessary as this occurred on the street. And Jimmy had to make a U-turn on a
4 lane wide road to confront the cyclist.

Needless to say, obviously he doesn't know when not to communicate as it was in our case where I
ignored his dribble for years.

Jimmy, I'm still waiting for you to address your "stalking tendencies and obsession."

>BTW, for the ensuing YEARS you were obsessed with continuing with sending me your string of emails
>crying about my posts on the net. Why you even

>put letters in zip lock bags on my windshield in addition to sending me Xmas
cards with
>no return addresses hoping I'd read your dribble. Just to let you know, many
riders
>saw that silly note you left on my windshield which was destroyed as soon as I
read
>the first few words. The consensual opinion of the riders was you were and are a
nut.
>Unfortunately I had to field their many inquiries why you are the way you
appear. The
>final conclusion is always the same, we all hoped you well in your retirement
years.

And waiting for you to address your INTEGRITY!

>Integrity is an issue you shouldn't even bring up. There are things you have
done
>which is "criminal" and could be prosecuted in a court of law. And you were stupid enough to brag
>about them to many of your neighbors and friends.
Remember
>I said SOMEDAY what you say may come back to haunt you?

>Are you ready to divulge to the public what you have done to destroy someone's means of income and
>livelihood? Or perhaps should I?

>Yeah Jimmy, you are one fine person of upstanding stature in your
neighborhood....NOT
>I'm waiting for you to divulge your "reasoning" for "criminal behavior!"

>BTW, there are many whom "know" about this incident! And all agreed you should
have
>been prosecuted to the full extent of the law!

>Jimmy, try to EXPLAIN yourself out of this........OR PERHAPS YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT as it
>would be a clear admission to your behavior and the information and facts will be forwarded to the
>victim for him to prosecute
you!

>BTW, if anyone wants to know what Jimmy did, just ask me IN PERSON!

>Ed - just presenting the facts - Gin

And Jimmy, if you've ever wondered why you don't receive replies, you've been in my "kill file" for
years..............better keep on leaving notes on my windshield and hand delivering messages to my
door.........FREAK!!!!!!!!

Ed - may you NOT find peace in your retirement years - Gin

fastrider wrote:

> McNamara) wrote:
>
> > Still hiding out behing your moniker, eh. Aren't you the bold and courageous one. I don't recall
> > the post in question.
>
> No Jimmy, I wasn't telling a tall tale. You were on the pedestrian bike trail and a fellow rider
> passed you in the opposite direction, waved and said "ride safely". You in turn chased the guy and
> scared the hell out him and of course he became offensive because you were threatening him and
> endangering other people chasing him on the trail. Just for telling you to "ride safely".
>
> Here's some of your HPV article quotes "Before I could even utter a word, he glared at me and
> screamed. "Why did you stop."
>
> "I said, "I've had enough of your ****. Don't sing it ... bring it. Let's get it on"."
>
> Anyone on this list who wants to read the rest can go to:
> http://www.ihpva.org/pipermail/hpv/Week-of-Mon-20020408/023708.html
>
> BTW,I do not need someone like you threatening my safety or life the way you threatened an average
> rider on the bike trail for doing nothing more than greeting you on a ride. I avoid riders like
> you at all costs.
>
> Fastrider

Say Jimmy, If you are so upstanding in your neighborhood. Why not let the public determine if
destroying a persons livelihood by preventing him to do business and causing him to spend literally
thousands of dollars to start up again is "justified." Let's not forget the many days of lost income
you caused and the exorbitant damage you're responsible for.

How about letting everyone know what he did to you for years?

And then list your course of action or "retaliation" as you like to say.

I'm sure the boys in Blue would like to hear of this.

I as well as you know what the outcome would be, even without my testimony. You surely will have a
battle in criminal court and the outcome in civil court will surely set you back $$$$$$$.

Let's put an end to hearsay, present your facts, and your retaliation efforts. Dirty laundry is the
understatement of all time considering what you did!

Yeah, perhaps you should avoid airing your "smelly linen" as it will surely mark you permanently in
the way everyone should know you on all the lists.

You were quick to point out your "rookie error" in pacelining, how about this one?

Just the truth Jimmy, or is it too painful to bear? Please oh please, preseant all the facts and
bury yourself once and for all!

Ed - law abiding - Gin

Jim McNamara wrote:

> Ed,
>
> Like Fastboy, you conveniently ducked (purposefully avoided addressing) a number of issues that I
> raised. I'll let that speak for itslef.
>
> The facts ... by the numbers?
>
> 1. Yes, you terminated our friendhip via an email.
> 2. You wrote that you considered us to "have had NO friendship for quite a while" (your words).
> You never mentioned a possibility for reconcilition. You wrote that sometimes people have to
> go there separate ways. "Life goes on. Just Deal with it" (again your words), you wrote. I
> replied thatt you conspicioulsy demonstrated how little you valued our friendship by your
> obstinate reluctance to even consider the prospect of resolving our diffenerces.
> 3. You know me better than to think I was afraid to engage you in a face to face. You never
> indiated that you wanted one and frankly I didn't want really one anyways. I mean ... what's
> the point? It would have been a complete waste of time and you know it.
> 4. I have no reason to believe anything you have to say abouty the notes that I placed on you
> winshield or in an X-Mas card. Their purpose was to refute the lies that I heard you had been
> spreading about me which were rported to me by some of your riding companions. I just wanted
> it to stop, that's all. By the way how is it that they read anything after you destroyed it
> anyways?
> 5. You know I don't respond well to threats, but do you really expect me to oblige you on a
> public forum? I suppose it was only a matter of time before your vindictive nature reared its
> ugly head. You're really a class act. If anyone is really interested in any of this (doubtful
> actually), why wouldn't they ask me instead of getting your second hand, twisted version of a
> story. Would you tell them anything of the two years of criminal damage to property that I was
> subjected to (another one of your deliberate, convenient memory lapses)? Well, playing fair
> never was one of your strong suits. Hearsay is inadmissbale and without evidence to
> substantiate whatever you say, you'll be skating on some pretty thin legal ice yourself. Just
> a thought.
>
> I'm fed up with this arrogant and self-absorbed pair and their unrestrained and enormously
> distended sense of self-importance. I have expended entirely too much time and energy on the both
> of them and I suspect that the readership is probably sick an tired of this "airing of dirty
> laundry" from both sides. I am willing to accept responsibility for my part in it, and extend my
> apology. Enough said.
>
> Jim McNamara
>
> Ed Gin & Shirleen Kajiwara <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > OK,
> >
> > Time to set the facts straight.....
> >
> > Several years ago, it was I whom wrote to you terminating our friendship via email. And I
> > emphasized I would welcome a face to face meeting or even a phone call to discuss our
> > differences. You emailed back specifying those two options were not acceptable as you can write
> > better????
> >
> > Perhaps you were afraid to engage in a two way exchange face to face?
> >
> > BTW, for the ensuing YEARS you were obsessed with continuing with sending me your string of
> > emails crying about my posts on the net. Why you even put letters in zip lock bags on my
> > windshield in addition to sending me Xmas cards with no return addresses hoping I'd read your
> > dribble. Just to let you know, many riders saw that silly note you left on my windshield which
> > was destroyed as soon as I read the first few words. The consensual opinion of the riders was
> > you were and are a nut. Unfortunately I had to field their many inquiries why you are the way
> > you appear. The final conclusion is always the same, we all hoped you well in your retirement
> > years.
> >
> > Integrity is an issue you shouldn't even bring up. There are things you have done which is
> > "criminal" and could be prosecuted in a court of law. And you were stupid enough to brag about
> > them to many of your neighbors and friends. Remember I said SOMEDAY what you say may come back
> > to haunt you?
> >
> > Are you ready to divulge to the public what you have done to destroy someone's means of income
> > and livelihood? Or perhaps should I?
> >
> > Yeah Jimmy, you are one fine person of upstanding stature in your neighborhood....NOT I'm
> > waiting for you to divulge your "reasoning" for "criminal behavior!"
> >
> > BTW, there are many whom "know" about this incident! And all agreed you should have been
> > prosecuted to the full extent of the law!
> >
> > Jimmy, try to EXPLAIN yourself out of this........OR PERHAPS YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT as
> > it would be a clear admission to your behavior and the information and facts will be forwarded
> > to the victim for him to prosecute you!
> >
> > BTW, if anyone wants to know what Jimmy did, just ask me IN PERSON!
> >
> > Ed - just presenting the facts - Gin
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Jim McNamara wrote:
> >
> > > Ed,
> > >
> > > Allow me to preface my remarks by stating that your constant distortion of the truth renders
> > > much of what you have to say as suspect. Your rhetoric is ripe with equivocation. Let me help
> > > you with that one, Ed. Equivocation is falsification by employing language that is
> > > intentionally vague or ambiguous. You have mastered of equivocation to eether mislead or avoid
> > > an unpleasant truth. You have managed to deceive some people. I just happen not to be one of
> > > them. With that said, I'll address the twisted notions that you attempted to pass off as
> > > dogma, accorigin to Ed. OK, I'll help you with that one too. Dogma is a doctrine accepted as
> > > authoritative without any requirement of proof. This is precisely what you demand from
> > > everyone whenever you open you big mouth isn't it? As concerns my favorite pastime, I'll admit
> > > that when I first built up my bikes I was understandably enthused about, I was proud of what I
> > > had accomplished and yes, I did initially talk quite a bit about them, and yes ... their
> > > weight and their cost, but also their components, wheel building, etc., but this was more
> > > often than not in direct response to an inquiry. What's the crime in that? I recall you doing
> > > much the same and never thought poorly of you for doing so. Even your website had topics
> > > devoted to your bikes. As far as "USED" to ride with, my main "USED" to ride with "world
> > > class" training partner stopped riding for a while after he retired from the pro ranks and
> > > then he moved, a fact that you know and conveniently (read deliberately) omitted. Deceit ...
> > > you do love it so don't you? Have you no sense of fair play? Now, lets not even get into ego
> > > or bragging, shall we. I'll concede immediately knowing full well that I cannot begin to
> > > compete with you in that particular arena. When it comes to ego and bragging, nobody does is
> > > better Ed Gin. As concerns our North Branch trail encounters, I do my best to ignore you, but
> > > I recall having seen you 4 times. Only once was I stopped having a conversation with two
> > > cyclists at my day's designated turnaround point. You also stopped to engage these same two
> > > cyclists in conversation and immediately went on and one about your previous days cycling
> > > exploits. I rest my case. As concern "past" friends, you needn't fabricate rhetoric for them.
> > > No one I know talks remotely like that except you. As concerns the number of past friends, in
> > > the past five years, I have parted company with two people, one being you and the other is
> > > someone we have in common and he recently called me and expressed his desire to ride with me
> > > again. By the way, he had some unpleasant things to say about you, as did another riding
> > > companion that linked up with yesterday. You like to throw out numbers. I'd suggest that if we
> > > were to count who has lost more friends in the past five years, you know very well how the
> > > numbers would play out, so why do you persist in publicly setting yourself up for
> > > embarrassment yourself? As concerns my prior post that precipitated all of this banter, if I
> > > am mistaken, unlike yourself and your buddy above, I would be man enough to step forward, say
> > > that I'm wrong and offer my apology. Let's face facts though; insecure as you are, you don't
> > > pass up a single opportunity to seize center stage in order to bask in the limelight. By your
> > > own admission, you are a publicity hound. If your claimed of 21,861 miles is accurate, it
> > > would be extremely uncharacteristic of you to pass up the chance to conduct your annual
> > > mileage survey in order to inscribe your feat on your website. You know it, and all of
> > > cyberspace knows
> > > it ... self-promotion is your specialty and no one is more accomplished at tooting his own
> > > horn than you are. With feigned humility, you asserted, "I saw no reason to post this on
> > > the website as it is not all that much mileage in comparison to my many years racing when
> > > younger." If I am to take you at your word, then I also have to call into question the
> > > reason why you were compelled to post your three previous year's mileage figures (12,268,
> > > 11,014 and 14,857). Is it just me or is this a mixed message that flies in the face of
> > > your "logic"? As concerns the picture you portrayed of me ... in fact, you are a year my
> > > senior ... I'm not lonely in search of companionship ... my hair has yet to turn gray.
> > > Have you no integrity, at all? I forgot ... liars don't have integrity!
> > >
> > > P.S. By the way, when are you going to learn the difference between "who" and "whom"? I
> > > suppose when you are able discern the difference between "limescreen shavings" and
> > > "limestone screenings" and "prowlness" and "prowess". Less time on the bike and more
> > > time hittin' the books might benefit one who is so feverishly engaged in self-promotion.
> > >
> > > Jim McNamara
> > >
> > > Ed Gin & Shirleen Kajiwara <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > > Fastrider,
> > > >
> > > > Jimmy's favorite pastime is boasting to fellow cyclists "how expensive AND light" his bikes
> > > > are. Many of my fellow riders have always asked me why he brags about his bikes so often and
> > > > mentions whom he USED to ride with. Their perception is he is one ego centered braggart and
> > > > right they are.
> > > >
> > > > Recently others have mentioned to me, "every time I see Jimmy on the North Branch Trail, he
> > > > isn't riding, just jabbing away," as is the case the last 3 times I've seen him. No need to
> > > > guess what he is boasting about now, is there? ;-)
> > > >
> > > > I OTOH along with a couple of his "past" friends all wish him well with his retirement and
> > > > may he "find peace with himself." :)
> > > >
> > > > Fair warning though, if you EVER see a black P-38 sitting on the side of the Chicago North
> > > > Branch trail with a older gray haired fellow looking for companionship, think twice about
> > > > stopping!
> > > >
> > > > But if you do, tell him Ed sent you.... :)
> > > >
> > > > Ed - http://www.2ni2.com/emoticon/grupos/ola.gif - Gin
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > fastrider wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Jim
> > > > > McNamara) wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > Stay tuned for more of the same bullhsit from the man who does it best, a legend in his
> > > > > > own mind and Peter Pan of the recumbent set ... "HEAD" Gin! - Jim McNamara
> > > > >
> > > > > You got it all wrong Jimmy, You are the one who is full of nothing but BS with all your
> > > > > self righteous, self serving, boring dribble you post on the HPV list. At least Ed takes
> > > > > an active part in the local HPV community, he has helped a lot of people get started with
> > > > > recumbents, he has organized rides and social events, he has been involved with the HPV
> > > > > racing circuit and also has a web site with a lot of documented information about
> > > > > fairings, projects and data regarding many recumbent models.
> > > > >
> > > > > You on the other hand have done nothing of benefit for the bent community.
> > > > >
> > > > > Jimmy you are just a bag of hot air on the HPV list who spends more time at the keyboard
> > > > > than riding his bike. Save your big stories about all the world class cyclist you ride
> > > > > with on the North Branch trail for Ripley's Believe It or Not. Looks like you are the one
> > > > > full of BS Jimmy.
> > > > >
> > > > > Fastrider

Regarding hearsay is inadmissible in court, that may be true.

Your spouse, many neighbors, close friends, and myself have heard firsthand your "retaliation" acts
which are clearly "illegal."

Yeah, hearsay can be very, very convincing especially when YOU know it is true!

I really wonder what your victim would do if he had an account of what really happened? Think you'd
receive more property damage?

How about it Jimmy, care to clear your conscience?

Ed - just the truth and nothing but the truth so help my God! - Gin

Ed Gin & Shirleen Kajiwara wrote:

> Say Jimmy, If you are so upstanding in your neighborhood. Why not let the public determine if
> destroying a persons livelihood by preventing him to do business and causing him to spend
> literally thousands of dollars to start up again is "justified." Let's not forget the many days of
> lost income you caused and the exorbitant damage you're responsible for.
>
> How about letting everyone know what he did to you for years?
>
> And then list your course of action or "retaliation" as you like to say.
>
> I'm sure the boys in Blue would like to hear of this.
>
> I as well as you know what the outcome would be, even without my testimony. You surely will have a
> battle in criminal court and the outcome in civil court will surely set you back $$$$$$$.
>
> Let's put an end to hearsay, present your facts, and your retaliation efforts. Dirty laundry is
> the understatement of all time considering what you did!
>
> Yeah, perhaps you should avoid airing your "smelly linen" as it will surely mark you permanently
> in the way everyone should know you on all the lists.
>
> You were quick to point out your "rookie error" in pacelining, how about this one?
>
> Just the truth Jimmy, or is it too painful to bear? Please oh please, preseant all the facts and
> bury yourself once and for all!
>
> Ed - law abiding - Gin
>
> Jim McNamara wrote:
>
> > Ed,
> >
> > Like Fastboy, you conveniently ducked (purposefully avoided addressing) a number of issues that
> > I raised. I'll let that speak for itslef.
> >
> > The facts ... by the numbers?
> >
> > 1. Yes, you terminated our friendhip via an email.
> > 2. You wrote that you considered us to "have had NO friendship for quite a while" (your words).
> > You never mentioned a possibility for reconcilition. You wrote that sometimes people have to
> > go there separate ways. "Life goes on. Just Deal with it" (again your words), you wrote. I
> > replied thatt you conspicioulsy demonstrated how little you valued our friendship by your
> > obstinate reluctance to even consider the prospect of resolving our diffenerces.
> > 3. You know me better than to think I was afraid to engage you in a face to face. You never
> > indiated that you wanted one and frankly I didn't want really one anyways. I mean ... what's
> > the point? It would have been a complete waste of time and you know it.
> > 4. I have no reason to believe anything you have to say abouty the notes that I placed on you
> > winshield or in an X-Mas card. Their purpose was to refute the lies that I heard you had
> > been spreading about me which were rported to me by some of your riding companions. I just
> > wanted it to stop, that's all. By the way how is it that they read anything after you
> > destroyed it anyways?
> > 5. You know I don't respond well to threats, but do you really expect me to oblige you on a
> > public forum? I suppose it was only a matter of time before your vindictive nature reared
> > its ugly head. You're really a class act. If anyone is really interested in any of this
> > (doubtful actually), why wouldn't they ask me instead of getting your second hand, twisted
> > version of a story. Would you tell them anything of the two years of criminal damage to
> > property that I was subjected to (another one of your deliberate, convenient memory lapses)?
> > Well, playing fair never was one of your strong suits. Hearsay is inadmissbale and without
> > evidence to substantiate whatever you say, you'll be skating on some pretty thin legal ice
> > yourself. Just a thought.
> >
> > I'm fed up with this arrogant and self-absorbed pair and their unrestrained and enormously
> > distended sense of self-importance. I have expended entirely too much time and energy on the
> > both of them and I suspect that the readership is probably sick an tired of this "airing of
> > dirty laundry" from both sides. I am willing to accept responsibility for my part in it, and
> > extend my apology. Enough said.
> >
> > Jim McNamara
> >
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > OK,
> > >
> > > Time to set the facts straight.....
> > >
> > > Several years ago, it was I whom wrote to you terminating our friendship via email. And I
> > > emphasized I would welcome a face to face meeting or even a phone call to discuss our
> > > differences. You emailed back specifying those two options were not acceptable as you can
> > > write better????
> > >
> > > Perhaps you were afraid to engage in a two way exchange face to face?
> > >
> > > BTW, for the ensuing YEARS you were obsessed with continuing with sending me your string of
> > > emails crying about my posts on the net. Why you even put letters in zip lock bags on my
> > > windshield in addition to sending me Xmas cards with no return addresses hoping I'd read your
> > > dribble. Just to let you know, many riders saw that silly note you left on my windshield which
> > > was destroyed as soon as I read the first few words. The consensual opinion of the riders was
> > > you were and are a nut. Unfortunately I had to field their many inquiries why you are the way
> > > you appear. The final conclusion is always the same, we all hoped you well in your retirement
> > > years.
> > >
> > > Integrity is an issue you shouldn't even bring up. There are things you have done which is
> > > "criminal" and could be prosecuted in a court of law. And you were stupid enough to brag about
> > > them to many of your neighbors and friends. Remember I said SOMEDAY what you say may come back
> > > to haunt you?
> > >
> > > Are you ready to divulge to the public what you have done to destroy someone's means of income
> > > and livelihood? Or perhaps should I?
> > >
> > > Yeah Jimmy, you are one fine person of upstanding stature in your neighborhood....NOT I'm
> > > waiting for you to divulge your "reasoning" for "criminal behavior!"
> > >
> > > BTW, there are many whom "know" about this incident! And all agreed you should have been
> > > prosecuted to the full extent of the law!
> > >
> > > Jimmy, try to EXPLAIN yourself out of this........OR PERHAPS YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT
> > > as it would be a clear admission to your behavior and the information and facts will be
> > > forwarded to the victim for him to prosecute you!
> > >
> > > BTW, if anyone wants to know what Jimmy did, just ask me IN PERSON!
> > >
> > > Ed - just presenting the facts - Gin
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Jim McNamara wrote:
> > >
> > > > Ed,
> > > >
> > > > Allow me to preface my remarks by stating that your constant distortion of the truth renders
> > > > much of what you have to say as suspect. Your rhetoric is ripe with equivocation. Let me
> > > > help you with that one, Ed. Equivocation is falsification by employing language that is
> > > > intentionally vague or ambiguous. You have mastered of equivocation to eether mislead or
> > > > avoid an unpleasant truth. You have managed to deceive some people. I just happen not to be
> > > > one of them. With that said, I'll address the twisted notions that you attempted to pass off
> > > > as dogma, accorigin to Ed. OK, I'll help you with that one too. Dogma is a doctrine accepted
> > > > as authoritative without any requirement of proof. This is precisely what you demand from
> > > > everyone whenever you open you big mouth isn't it? As concerns my favorite pastime, I'll
> > > > admit that when I first built up my bikes I was understandably enthused about, I was proud
> > > > of what I had accomplished and yes, I did initially talk quite a bit about them, and yes ...
> > > > their weight and their cost, but also their components, wheel building, etc., but this was
> > > > more often than not in direct response to an inquiry. What's the crime in that? I recall you
> > > > doing much the same and never thought poorly of you for doing so. Even your website had
> > > > topics devoted to your bikes. As far as "USED" to ride with, my main "USED" to ride with
> > > > "world class" training partner stopped riding for a while after he retired from the pro
> > > > ranks and then he moved, a fact that you know and conveniently (read deliberately) omitted.
> > > > Deceit ... you do love it so don't you? Have you no sense of fair play? Now, lets not even
> > > > get into ego or bragging, shall we. I'll concede immediately knowing full well that I cannot
> > > > begin to compete with you in that particular arena. When it comes to ego and bragging,
> > > > nobody does is better Ed Gin. As concerns our North Branch trail encounters, I do my best to
> > > > ignore you, but I recall having seen you 4 times. Only once was I stopped having a
> > > > conversation with two cyclists at my day's designated turnaround point. You also stopped to
> > > > engage these same two cyclists in conversation and immediately went on and one about your
> > > > previous days cycling exploits. I rest my case. As concern "past" friends, you needn't
> > > > fabricate rhetoric for them. No one I know talks remotely like that except you. As concerns
> > > > the number of past friends, in the past five years, I have parted company with two people,
> > > > one being you and the other is someone we have in common and he recently called me and
> > > > expressed his desire to ride with me again. By the way, he had some unpleasant things to say
> > > > about you, as did another riding companion that linked up with yesterday. You like to throw
> > > > out numbers. I'd suggest that if we were to count who has lost more friends in the past five
> > > > years, you know very well how the numbers would play out, so why do you persist in publicly
> > > > setting yourself up for embarrassment yourself? As concerns my prior post that precipitated
> > > > all of this banter, if I am mistaken, unlike yourself and your buddy above, I would be man
> > > > enough to step forward, say that I'm wrong and offer my apology. Let's face facts though;
> > > > insecure as you are, you don't pass up a single opportunity to seize center stage in order
> > > > to bask in the limelight. By your own admission, you are a publicity hound. If your claimed
> > > > of 21,861 miles is accurate, it would be extremely uncharacteristic of you to pass up the
> > > > chance to conduct your annual mileage survey in order to inscribe your feat on your website.
> > > > You know it, and all of cyberspace knows
> > > > it ... self-promotion is your specialty and no one is more accomplished at tooting his own
> > > > horn than you are. With feigned humility, you asserted, "I saw no reason to post this on
> > > > the website as it is not all that much mileage in comparison to my many years racing
> > > > when younger." If I am to take you at your word, then I also have to call into question
> > > > the reason why you were compelled to post your three previous year's mileage figures
> > > > (12,268, 11,014 and 14,857). Is it just me or is this a mixed message that flies in the
> > > > face of your "logic"? As concerns the picture you portrayed of me ... in fact, you are a
> > > > year my senior ... I'm not lonely in search of companionship ... my hair has yet to turn
> > > > gray. Have you no integrity, at all? I forgot ... liars don't have integrity!
> > > >
> > > > P.S. By the way, when are you going to learn the difference between "who" and "whom"? I
> > > > suppose when you are able discern the difference between "limescreen shavings" and
> > > > "limestone screenings" and "prowlness" and "prowess". Less time on the bike and more
> > > > time hittin' the books might benefit one who is so feverishly engaged in
> > > > self-promotion.
> > > >
> > > > Jim McNamara
> > > >
> > > > Ed Gin & Shirleen Kajiwara <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > > > Fastrider,
> > > > >
> > > > > Jimmy's favorite pastime is boasting to fellow cyclists "how expensive AND light" his
> > > > > bikes are. Many of my fellow riders have always asked me why he brags about his bikes so
> > > > > often and mentions whom he USED to ride with. Their perception is he is one ego centered
> > > > > braggart and right they are.
> > > > >
> > > > > Recently others have mentioned to me, "every time I see Jimmy on the North Branch Trail,
> > > > > he isn't riding, just jabbing away," as is the case the last 3 times I've seen him. No
> > > > > need to guess what he is boasting about now, is there? ;-)
> > > > >
> > > > > I OTOH along with a couple of his "past" friends all wish him well with his retirement and
> > > > > may he "find peace with himself." :)
> > > > >
> > > > > Fair warning though, if you EVER see a black P-38 sitting on the side of the Chicago North
> > > > > Branch trail with a older gray haired fellow looking for companionship, think twice about
> > > > > stopping!
> > > > >
> > > > > But if you do, tell him Ed sent you.... :)
> > > > >
> > > > > Ed - http://www.2ni2.com/emoticon/grupos/ola.gif - Gin
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > fastrider wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Jim
> > > > > > McNamara) wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > Stay tuned for more of the same bullhsit from the man who does it best, a legend in
> > > > > > > his own mind and Peter Pan of the recumbent set ... "HEAD" Gin! - Jim McNamara
> > > > > >
> > > > > > You got it all wrong Jimmy, You are the one who is full of nothing but BS with all your
> > > > > > self righteous, self serving, boring dribble you post on the HPV list. At least Ed takes
> > > > > > an active part in the local HPV community, he has helped a lot of people get started
> > > > > > with recumbents, he has organized rides and social events, he has been involved with the
> > > > > > HPV racing circuit and also has a web site with a lot of documented information about
> > > > > > fairings, projects and data regarding many recumbent models.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > You on the other hand have done nothing of benefit for the bent community.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Jimmy you are just a bag of hot air on the HPV list who spends more time at the keyboard
> > > > > > than riding his bike. Save your big stories about all the world class cyclist you ride
> > > > > > with on the North Branch trail for Ripley's Believe It or Not. Looks like you are the
> > > > > > one full of BS Jimmy.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Fastrider

Enough said huh Jimmy, I think NOT!

The general readership in this forum as well as the hpv list serve, alt.rec.bicycle.recumbent and
other recumbent news lists need to know what the real Jimmy is all about. I have kept my mouth shut
and ignored through a "kill file" and disposal of hand delivered messages for too many years. Not
once have I replied to you on the assumption the continuing barrage of e-mail and suspicious hand
delivered notes and letters in my mailbox would diminish. Therefore I am forced to air YOUR "dirty
laundry" once and for all.

The issue of not letting go is first. Many years ago we parted company. Like I mentioned, it was
over and I essentially put the issue to rest. You OTOH, started a barrage of attacks on any email I
would post on the hpv list serve. Eventually your posts were censored and not allowed, do you
recall? Bad, bad boy Jimmy! Then I started receiving "hate e-mail" which initiated the "kill file
for this correspondence," thank you Netscape!

I presume because your electronic mail was bounced, you resorted to "stalking" me and attaching
notes in zip lock bags on my windshield and hand delivering messages to my mailbox. Perhaps the
"Fatal Attraction" people should hear of this. Please note that this scenario continued for many
years, without a word, reply, or comment from me about this on the net. I even had to explain to a
dozen cyclists why you put that note on my windshield and give them MY assessment of your reasoning.
With time, sane individuals will let go and depart company in a reasonable manner, something which
you clearly can not do, though I recall a email from you mentioning I was out of YOUR LIFE. Well,
the subsequent actions clearly demonstrate you still need me for whatever purpose as I have ignored
you for years till now. Clearly you are in need of professional help, perhaps your St. Johns Wart is
not adequate? There is Prozac you know? Even the famous Zach Kaplan mentioned that you were obsessed
with complaining about me for hours at a time when he on vacation riding with you. OTOH, at the end
of my ride with him, he asked me why I didn't mention ANYTHING about YOU. I casually mentioned many
of us "wish him well on his retirement." Yeah Jimmy, I did let go for many years, but it is due time
to set the facts straight.

Regarding me not posting my mileage for the 2002 year on my web site, I thought you'd be happy not
to see my best year in decades as the compiling of data from all over the world and updating require
a lot of effort and time maintaining the web page, something you have no idea of. Did you NOT notice
the compilation of data was to allow riders a place to list yearly accomplishments, experiences, and
opinions riding all types of hpv's including upwrongs contrary to you continuing insinuation of
alternative intentions?

Your accusation of keeping tally of friends lost is ludicrous as there are hundreds in the hpv
community who know me and what I stand for. When one has so many friends, not everyone is going to
agree with you all the time. Such is the nature of human kind, something you'll NEVER have to be
concerned about with your circle of riding companions whom I can count on one hand.

Regarding me bragging, tackle this one, I can imagine you're festering over my recent "good
samaritan" report saving a fellow upwrong cyclist's life in the 41 degree temperatures of Lake
Michigan, huh? http://www.ihpva.org/pipermail/hpv/Week-of-Mon-20030414/030027.html

And your continuous obsession and objection to my use of the "endearing" terms upwrong and wedgie,
life is full of choices, if you don't like like, deal with it. Perhaps start your own web site.

And finally the issue of "integrity" has been brought up and you happily mentioned about
contributing MUCH to your community. What the law abiding citizens don't know is your escapades and
activity to maliciously plan and execute a plan of action destroying a neighbors principal means of
business and livelihood through the use of information gathered from a military manual regarding how
to stop the enemy. Though I will not air the details at this time, I wonder if you have the
intestinal fortitude to "explain why you pursued your course of action." After all, we are
discussing you integrity and reputation now aren't we? Heaven help you if your victim ever finds out
what you did! I take that back, what goes around comes around!

In summary, you are an enigma of sorts, confused, hateful, and a pathetic example of the human race.
May God have mercy on your sole if there is one in the first place?

A final word to the readers who have read this long OT post, I apologize if it offended you in
anyway. Perhaps there are a few of you who can sympathize with what I've put up with the last few
years. Thank goodness there are no Jimmy offspring, NOW you are providing a service to mankind.

Ed - the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God - Gin

Jim McNamara wrote:

> Ed,
>
> Like Fastboy, you conveniently ducked (purposefully avoided addressing) a number of issues that I
> raised. I'll let that speak for itslef.
>
> The facts ... by the numbers?
>
> 1. Yes, you terminated our friendhip via an email.
> 2. You wrote that you considered us to "have had NO friendship for quite a while" (your words).
> You never mentioned a possibility for reconcilition. You wrote that sometimes people have to
> go there separate ways. "Life goes on. Just Deal with it" (again your words), you wrote. I
> replied thatt you conspicioulsy demonstrated how little you valued our friendship by your
> obstinate reluctance to even consider the prospect of resolving our diffenerces.
> 3. You know me better than to think I was afraid to engage you in a face to face. You never
> indiated that you wanted one and frankly I didn't want really one anyways. I mean ... what's
> the point? It would have been a complete waste of time and you know it.
> 4. I have no reason to believe anything you have to say abouty the notes that I placed on you
> winshield or in an X-Mas card. Their purpose was to refute the lies that I heard you had been
> spreading about me which were rported to me by some of your riding companions. I just wanted
> it to stop, that's all. By the way how is it that they read anything after you destroyed it
> anyways?
> 5. You know I don't respond well to threats, but do you really expect me to oblige you on a
> public forum? I suppose it was only a matter of time before your vindictive nature reared its
> ugly head. You're really a class act. If anyone is really interested in any of this (doubtful
> actually), why wouldn't they ask me instead of getting your second hand, twisted version of a
> story. Would you tell them anything of the two years of criminal damage to property that I was
> subjected to (another one of your deliberate, convenient memory lapses)? Well, playing fair
> never was one of your strong suits. Hearsay is inadmissbale and without evidence to
> substantiate whatever you say, you'll be skating on some pretty thin legal ice yourself. Just
> a thought.
>
> I'm fed up with this arrogant and self-absorbed pair and their unrestrained and enormously
> distended sense of self-importance. I have expended entirely too much time and energy on the both
> of them and I suspect that the readership is probably sick an tired of this "airing of dirty
> laundry" from both sides. I am willing to accept responsibility for my part in it, and extend my
> apology. Enough said.
>
> Jim McNamara
>
> Ed Gin & Shirleen Kajiwara <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > OK,
> >
> > Time to set the facts straight.....
> >
> > Several years ago, it was I whom wrote to you terminating our friendship via email. And I
> > emphasized I would welcome a face to face meeting or even a phone call to discuss our
> > differences. You emailed back specifying those two options were not acceptable as you can write
> > better????
> >
> > Perhaps you were afraid to engage in a two way exchange face to face?
> >
> > BTW, for the ensuing YEARS you were obsessed with continuing with sending me your string of
> > emails crying about my posts on the net. Why you even put letters in zip lock bags on my
> > windshield in addition to sending me Xmas cards with no return addresses hoping I'd read your
> > dribble. Just to let you know, many riders saw that silly note you left on my windshield which
> > was destroyed as soon as I read the first few words. The consensual opinion of the riders was
> > you were and are a nut. Unfortunately I had to field their many inquiries why you are the way
> > you appear. The final conclusion is always the same, we all hoped you well in your retirement
> > years.
> >
> > Integrity is an issue you shouldn't even bring up. There are things you have done which is
> > "criminal" and could be prosecuted in a court of law. And you were stupid enough to brag about
> > them to many of your neighbors and friends. Remember I said SOMEDAY what you say may come back
> > to haunt you?
> >
> > Are you ready to divulge to the public what you have done to destroy someone's means of income
> > and livelihood? Or perhaps should I?
> >
> > Yeah Jimmy, you are one fine person of upstanding stature in your neighborhood....NOT I'm
> > waiting for you to divulge your "reasoning" for "criminal behavior!"
> >
> > BTW, there are many whom "know" about this incident! And all agreed you should have been
> > prosecuted to the full extent of the law!
> >
> > Jimmy, try to EXPLAIN yourself out of this........OR PERHAPS YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT as
> > it would be a clear admission to your behavior and the information and facts will be forwarded
> > to the victim for him to prosecute you!
> >
> > BTW, if anyone wants to know what Jimmy did, just ask me IN PERSON!
> >
> > Ed - just presenting the facts - Gin
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Jim McNamara wrote:
> >
> > > Ed,
> > >
> > > Allow me to preface my remarks by stating that your constant distortion of the truth renders
> > > much of what you have to say as suspect. Your rhetoric is ripe with equivocation. Let me help
> > > you with that one, Ed. Equivocation is falsification by employing language that is
> > > intentionally vague or ambiguous. You have mastered of equivocation to eether mislead or avoid
> > > an unpleasant truth. You have managed to deceive some people. I just happen not to be one of
> > > them. With that said, I'll address the twisted notions that you attempted to pass off as
> > > dogma, accorigin to Ed. OK, I'll help you with that one too. Dogma is a doctrine accepted as
> > > authoritative without any requirement of proof. This is precisely what you demand from
> > > everyone whenever you open you big mouth isn't it? As concerns my favorite pastime, I'll admit
> > > that when I first built up my bikes I was understandably enthused about, I was proud of what I
> > > had accomplished and yes, I did initially talk quite a bit about them, and yes ... their
> > > weight and their cost, but also their components, wheel building, etc., but this was more
> > > often than not in direct response to an inquiry. What's the crime in that? I recall you doing
> > > much the same and never thought poorly of you for doing so. Even your website had topics
> > > devoted to your bikes. As far as "USED" to ride with, my main "USED" to ride with "world
> > > class" training partner stopped riding for a while after he retired from the pro ranks and
> > > then he moved, a fact that you know and conveniently (read deliberately) omitted. Deceit ...
> > > you do love it so don't you? Have you no sense of fair play? Now, lets not even get into ego
> > > or bragging, shall we. I'll concede immediately knowing full well that I cannot begin to
> > > compete with you in that particular arena. When it comes to ego and bragging, nobody does is
> > > better Ed Gin. As concerns our North Branch trail encounters, I do my best to ignore you, but
> > > I recall having seen you 4 times. Only once was I stopped having a conversation with two
> > > cyclists at my day's designated turnaround point. You also stopped to engage these same two
> > > cyclists in conversation and immediately went on and one about your previous days cycling
> > > exploits. I rest my case. As concern "past" friends, you needn't fabricate rhetoric for them.
> > > No one I know talks remotely like that except you. As concerns the number of past friends, in
> > > the past five years, I have parted company with two people, one being you and the other is
> > > someone we have in common and he recently called me and expressed his desire to ride with me
> > > again. By the way, he had some unpleasant things to say about you, as did another riding
> > > companion that linked up with yesterday. You like to throw out numbers. I'd suggest that if we
> > > were to count who has lost more friends in the past five years, you know very well how the
> > > numbers would play out, so why do you persist in publicly setting yourself up for
> > > embarrassment yourself? As concerns my prior post that precipitated all of this banter, if I
> > > am mistaken, unlike yourself and your buddy above, I would be man enough to step forward, say
> > > that I'm wrong and offer my apology. Let's face facts though; insecure as you are, you don't
> > > pass up a single opportunity to seize center stage in order to bask in the limelight. By your
> > > own admission, you are a publicity hound. If your claimed of 21,861 miles is accurate, it
> > > would be extremely uncharacteristic of you to pass up the chance to conduct your annual
> > > mileage survey in order to inscribe your feat on your website. You know it, and all of
> > > cyberspace knows
> > > it ... self-promotion is your specialty and no one is more accomplished at tooting his own
> > > horn than you are. With feigned humility, you asserted, "I saw no reason to post this on
> > > the website as it is not all that much mileage in comparison to my many years racing when
> > > younger." If I am to take you at your word, then I also have to call into question the
> > > reason why you were compelled to post your three previous year's mileage figures (12,268,
> > > 11,014 and 14,857). Is it just me or is this a mixed message that flies in the face of
> > > your "logic"? As concerns the picture you portrayed of me ... in fact, you are a year my
> > > senior ... I'm not lonely in search of companionship ... my hair has yet to turn gray.
> > > Have you no integrity, at all? I forgot ... liars don't have integrity!
> > >
> > > P.S. By the way, when are you going to learn the difference between "who" and "whom"? I
> > > suppose when you are able discern the difference between "limescreen shavings" and
> > > "limestone screenings" and "prowlness" and "prowess". Less time on the bike and more
> > > time hittin' the books might benefit one who is so feverishly engaged in self-promotion.
> > >
> > > Jim McNamara
> > >
> > > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > > Fastrider,
> > > >
> > > > Jimmy's favorite pastime is boasting to fellow cyclists "how expensive AND light" his bikes
> > > > are. Many of my fellow riders have always asked me why he brags about his bikes so often and
> > > > mentions whom he USED to ride with. Their perception is he is one ego centered braggart and
> > > > right they are.
> > > >
> > > > Recently others have mentioned to me, "every time I see Jimmy on the North Branch Trail, he
> > > > isn't riding, just jabbing away," as is the case the last 3 times I've seen him. No need to
> > > > guess what he is boasting about now, is there? ;-)
> > > >
> > > > I OTOH along with a couple of his "past" friends all wish him well with his retirement and
> > > > may he "find peace with himself." :)
> > > >
> > > > Fair warning though, if you EVER see a black P-38 sitting on the side of the Chicago North
> > > > Branch trail with a older gray haired fellow looking for companionship, think twice about
> > > > stopping!
> > > >
> > > > But if you do, tell him Ed sent you.... :)
> > > >
> > > > Ed - http://www.2ni2.com/emoticon/grupos/ola.gif - Gin
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > fastrider wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Jim
> > > > > McNamara) wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > Stay tuned for more of the same bullhsit from the man who does it best, a legend in his
> > > > > > own mind and Peter Pan of the recumbent set ... "HEAD" Gin! - Jim McNamara
> > > > >
> > > > > You got it all wrong Jimmy, You are the one who is full of nothing but BS with all your
> > > > > self righteous, self serving, boring dribble you post on the HPV list. At least Ed takes
> > > > > an active part in the local HPV community, he has helped a lot of people get started with
> > > > > recumbents, he has organized rides and social events, he has been involved with the HPV
> > > > > racing circuit and also has a web site with a lot of documented information about
> > > > > fairings, projects and data regarding many recumbent models.
> > > > >
> > > > > You on the other hand have done nothing of benefit for the bent community.
> > > > >
> > > > > Jimmy you are just a bag of hot air on the HPV list who spends more time at the keyboard
> > > > > than riding his bike. Save your big stories about all the world class cyclist you ride
> > > > > with on the North Branch trail for Ripley's Believe It or Not. Looks like you are the one
> > > > > full of BS Jimmy.
> > > > >
> > > > > Fastrider

Did you ever fall asleep and dream that you went down to your basement and found a door through to a
room you didn't know was there? And you walked in and discovered all sorts of interesting new,
dismaying, shocking, laughable, beautiful and ugly objects?

That's what this flamewar is like. Enough out of both of you. We've heard and now I think most of us
would like you to take it elsewhere. Thank you.

C.C.

> From: Ed Gin & Shirleen Kajiwara

> Enough said huh Jimmy, I think NOT!
>
> The general readership in this forum as well as the hpv list serve, alt.rec.bicycle.recumbent and
> other recumbent news lists need to know what the real Jimmy is all about. I have kept my mouth
> shut and ignored through a "kill file" and disposal of hand delivered messages for too many years.
> Not once have I replied to you on the assumption the continuing barrage of e-mail and suspicious
> hand delivered notes and letters in my mailbox would diminish. Therefore I am forced to air

May G-D have mercy on your sole??...isn't that a Fish?? Ed, ever thought about getting a
"restraining order" from the courts. Like one that says if this guy comes anywhere near your mail
slot or windshield he gets busted. As for suggesting the guy take Prozac...I think Prozac would just
him smile more and be happier (while he is stalking you).
----------------------------------------------------
"Ed Gin & Shirleen Kajiwara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Enough said huh Jimmy, I think NOT!
>
> The general readership in this forum as well as the hpv list serve,
alt.rec.bicycle.recumbent and
> other recumbent news lists need to know what the real Jimmy is all about.
I have kept my mouth
> shut and ignored through a "kill file" and disposal of hand delivered
messages for too many years.
> Not once have I replied to you on the assumption the continuing barrage of
e-mail and suspicious
> hand delivered notes and letters in my mailbox would diminish. Therefore
I am forced to air
> YOUR "dirty laundry" once and for all.
>
> The issue of not letting go is first. Many years ago we parted company.
Like I mentioned, it was over and
> I essentially put the issue to rest. You OTOH, started a barrage of
attacks on any email I would post on the
> hpv list serve. Eventually your posts were censored and not allowed, do
you recall? Bad, bad boy Jimmy!
> Then I started receiving "hate e-mail" which initiated the "kill file for
this correspondence," thank you Netscape!
>
> I presume because your electronic mail was bounced, you resorted to
"stalking" me and attaching notes in
> zip lock bags on my windshield and hand delivering messages to my mailbox.
Perhaps the "Fatal Attraction"
> people should hear of this. Please note that this scenario continued for
many years, without a word, reply, or
> comment from me about this on the net. I even had to explain to a dozen
cyclists why you put that note on my
> windshield and give them MY assessment of your reasoning. With time,
sane individuals will let go and
> depart company in a reasonable manner, something which you clearly can
not do, though I recall a email
> from you mentioning I was out of YOUR LIFE. Well, the subsequent actions
clearly demonstrate you
> still need me for whatever purpose as I have ignored you for years till
now. Clearly you are in need of
> professional help, perhaps your St. Johns Wart is not adequate? There is
Prozac you know? Even the famous
> Zach Kaplan mentioned that you were obsessed with complaining about me for
hours at a time when he
> on vacation riding with you. OTOH, at the end of my ride with him, he
asked me why I didn't mention
> ANYTHING about YOU. I casually mentioned many of us "wish him well on his
retirement." Yeah Jimmy,
> I did let go for many years, but it is due time to set the facts
straight.
>
> Regarding me not posting my mileage for the 2002 year on my web site, I
thought you'd be
> happy not to see my best year in decades as the compiling of data from all
over the world and updating
> require a lot of effort and time maintaining the web page, something you
have no idea of. Did you NOT notice
> the compilation of data was to allow riders a place to list yearly
accomplishments, experiences,
> and opinions riding all types of hpv's including upwrongs contrary to you
continuing insinuation
> of alternative intentions?
>
> Your accusation of keeping tally of friends lost is ludicrous as there are
hundreds in the hpv community
> who know me and what I stand for. When one has so many friends, not
everyone is going to agree with you
> all the time. Such is the nature of human kind, something you'll NEVER
have to be concerned about with
> your circle of riding companions whom I can count on one hand.
>
> Regarding me bragging, tackle this one, I can imagine you're festering
over my recent "good samaritan"
> report saving a fellow upwrong cyclist's life in the 41 degree
temperatures of Lake Michigan, huh?
> http://www.ihpva.org/pipermail/hpv/Week-of-Mon-20030414/030027.html
>
> And your continuous obsession and objection to my use of the "endearing"
terms upwrong and wedgie, life
> is full of choices, if you don't like like, deal with it. Perhaps start
your own web site.
>
> And finally the issue of "integrity" has been brought up and you happily
mentioned about
> contributing MUCH to your community. What the law abiding citizens don't
know is your escapades
> and activity to maliciously plan and execute a plan of action destroying a
neighbors principal
> means of business and livelihood through the use of information gathered
from a military manual
> regarding how to stop the enemy. Though I will not air the details at
this time, I wonder
> if you have the intestinal fortitude to "explain why you pursued your
course of action."
> After all, we are discussing you integrity and reputation now aren't we?
Heaven help you
> if your victim ever finds out what you did! I take that back, what goes
around comes around!
>
> In summary, you are an enigma of sorts, confused, hateful, and a
pathetic example of the human
> race. May God have mercy on your sole if there is one in the first place?
>
> A final word to the readers who have read this long OT post, I apologize
if it offended you in anyway.
> Perhaps there are a few of you who can sympathize with what I've put up
with the last few years.
> Thank goodness there are no Jimmy offspring, NOW you are providing a
service to mankind.
>
> Ed - the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God - Gin
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Jim McNamara wrote:
>
> > Ed,
> >
> > Like Fastboy, you conveniently ducked (purposefully avoided addressing) a number of issues that
> > I raised. I'll let that speak for itslef.
> >
> > The facts ... by the numbers?
> >
> > 1. Yes, you terminated our friendhip via an email.
> > 2. You wrote that you considered us to "have had NO friendship for quite a while" (your words).
> > You never mentioned a possibility for reconcilition. You wrote that sometimes people have to
> > go there separate ways. "Life goes on. Just Deal with it" (again your words), you wrote. I
> > replied thatt you conspicioulsy demonstrated how little you valued our friendship by your
> > obstinate reluctance to even consider the prospect of resolving our diffenerces.
> > 3. You know me better than to think I was afraid to engage you in a face to face. You never
> > indiated that you wanted one and frankly I didn't want really one anyways. I mean ... what's
> > the point? It would have been a complete waste of time and you know it.
> > 4. I have no reason to believe anything you have to say abouty the notes that I placed on you
> > winshield or in an X-Mas card. Their purpose was to refute the lies that I heard you had
> > been spreading about me which were rported to me by some of your riding companions. I just
> > wanted it to stop, that's all. By the way how is it that they read anything after you
> > destroyed it anyways?
> > 5. You know I don't respond well to threats, but do you really expect me to oblige you on a
> > public forum? I suppose it was only a matter of time before your vindictive nature reared
> > its ugly head. You're really a class act. If anyone is really interested in any of this
> > (doubtful actually), why wouldn't they ask me instead of getting your second hand, twisted
> > version of a story. Would you tell them anything of the two years of criminal damage to
> > property that I was subjected to (another one of your deliberate, convenient memory lapses)?
> > Well, playing fair never was one of your strong suits. Hearsay is inadmissbale and without
> > evidence to substantiate whatever you say, you'll be skating on some pretty thin legal ice
> > yourself. Just a thought.
> >
> > I'm fed up with this arrogant and self-absorbed pair and their unrestrained and enormously
> > distended sense of self-importance. I have expended entirely too much time and energy on the
> > both of them and I suspect that the readership is probably sick an tired of this "airing of
> > dirty laundry" from both sides. I am willing to accept responsibility for my part in it, and
> > extend my apology. Enough said.
> >
> > Jim McNamara
> >
> > > OK,
> > >
> > > Time to set the facts straight.....
> > >
> > > Several years ago, it was I whom wrote to you terminating our friendship via email. And I
> > > emphasized I would welcome a face to face meeting or even a phone call to discuss our
> > > differences. You emailed
back
> > > specifying those two options were not acceptable as you can write
better????
> > >
> > > Perhaps you were afraid to engage in a two way exchange face to face?
> > >
> > > BTW, for the ensuing YEARS you were obsessed with continuing with sending me your string of
> > > emails crying about my posts on the net.
Why you even
> > > put letters in zip lock bags on my windshield in addition to sending
me Xmas cards with
> > > no return addresses hoping I'd read your dribble. Just to let you
know, many riders
> > > saw that silly note you left on my windshield which was destroyed as
soon as I read
> > > the first few words. The consensual opinion of the riders was you
were and are a nut.
> > > Unfortunately I had to field their many inquiries why you are the way
you appear. The
> > > final conclusion is always the same, we all hoped you well in your
retirement years.
> > >
> > > Integrity is an issue you shouldn't even bring up. There are things
you have done
> > > which is "criminal" and could be prosecuted in a court of law. And
you
> > > were stupid enough to brag about them to many of your neighbors and
friends. Remember
> > > I said SOMEDAY what you say may come back to haunt you?
> > >
> > > Are you ready to divulge to the public what you have done to destroy
someone's
> > > means of income and livelihood? Or perhaps should I?
> > >
> > > Yeah Jimmy, you are one fine person of upstanding stature in your
neighborhood....NOT
> > > I'm waiting for you to divulge your "reasoning" for "criminal
behavior!"
> > >
> > > BTW, there are many whom "know" about this incident! And all agreed
you should have
> > > been prosecuted to the full extent of the law!
> > >
> > > Jimmy, try to EXPLAIN yourself out of this........OR PERHAPS YOU
BETTER
> > > KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT as it would be a clear admission to your behavior
and
> > > the information and facts will be forwarded to the victim for him to
prosecute you!
> > >
> > > BTW, if anyone wants to know what Jimmy did, just ask me IN PERSON!
> > >
> > > Ed - just presenting the facts - Gin
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Jim McNamara wrote:
> > >
> > > > Ed,
> > > >
> > > > Allow me to preface my remarks by stating that your constant distortion of the truth renders
> > > > much of what you have to say as suspect. Your rhetoric is ripe with equivocation. Let me
> > > > help you with that one, Ed. Equivocation is falsification by employing language that is
> > > > intentionally vague or ambiguous. You have
mastered
> > > > of equivocation to eether mislead or avoid an unpleasant truth. You have managed to deceive
> > > > some people. I just happen not to be one of them. With that said, I'll address the twisted
> > > > notions that you attempted to pass off as dogma, accorigin to Ed. OK, I'll help you with
> > > > that one too. Dogma is a doctrine accepted as authoritative without any requirement of
> > > > proof. This is precisely what you demand from everyone whenever you open you big mouth isn't
> > > > it? As concerns my favorite pastime, I'll admit that when I first built up my bikes
I
> > > > was understandably enthused about, I was proud of what I had accomplished and yes, I did
> > > > initially talk quite a bit about them,
and
> > > > yes ... their weight and their cost, but also their components,
wheel
> > > > building, etc., but this was more often than not in direct response
to
> > > > an inquiry. What's the crime in that? I recall you doing much the same and never thought
> > > > poorly of you for doing so. Even your
website
> > > > had topics devoted to your bikes. As far as "USED" to ride with, my main "USED" to ride with
> > > > "world class" training partner stopped
riding
> > > > for a while after he retired from the pro ranks and then he moved, a fact that you know and
> > > > conveniently (read deliberately) omitted. Deceit ... you do love it so don't you? Have you
> > > > no sense of fair play? Now, lets not even get into ego or bragging, shall we. I'll concede
> > > > immediately knowing full well that I cannot begin to compete with you in that particular
> > > > arena. When it comes to ego and
bragging,
> > > > nobody does is better Ed Gin. As concerns our North Branch trail encounters, I do my best to
> > > > ignore you, but I recall having seen you
> > > > times. Only once was I stopped having a conversation with two cyclists at my day's
> > > > designated turnaround point. You also stopped
to
> > > > engage these same two cyclists in conversation and immediately went
on
> > > > and one about your previous days cycling exploits. I rest my case. As concern "past"
> > > > friends, you needn't fabricate rhetoric for them. No one I know talks remotely like that
> > > > except you. As concerns the number of past friends, in the past five years, I have parted
company
> > > > with two people, one being you and the other is someone we have in common and he recently
> > > > called me and expressed his desire to ride
with
> > > > me again. By the way, he had some unpleasant things to say about
you,
> > > > as did another riding companion that linked up with yesterday. You like to throw out
> > > > numbers. I'd suggest that if we were to count who has lost more friends in the past five
> > > > years, you know very well how the numbers would play out, so why do you persist in publicly
setting
> > > > yourself up for embarrassment yourself? As concerns my prior post that precipitated all of
> > > > this banter, if I am mistaken, unlike yourself and your buddy above, I would be man enough
> > > > to step
forward,
> > > > say that I'm wrong and offer my apology. Let's face facts though; insecure as you are, you
> > > > don't pass up a single opportunity to seize center stage in order to bask in the limelight.
> > > > By your own admission, you are a publicity hound. If your claimed of 21,861
miles
> > > > is accurate, it would be extremely uncharacteristic of you to pass
up
> > > > the chance to conduct your annual mileage survey in order to
inscribe
> > > > your feat on your website. You know it, and all of cyberspace knows
> > > > it ... self-promotion is your specialty and no one is more accomplished at tooting his own
> > > > horn than you are. With feigned humility, you asserted, "I saw no reason to post this on
> > > > the website as it is not all that much mileage in comparison to my many years racing
> > > > when younger." If I am to take you at your word, then I also have to call into question
> > > > the reason why you were compelled to post your three previous year's mileage figures
> > > > (12,268, 11,014 and 14,857). Is it just me or is this a mixed message that flies in the
> > > > face of your "logic"? As concerns the picture you portrayed of me
> > > > in fact, you are a year my senior ... I'm not lonely in search of companionship ... my hair
> > > > has yet to turn gray. Have you no integrity, at all? I forgot ... liars don't have
> > > > integrity!
> > > >
> > > > P.S. By the way, when are you going to learn the difference between "who" and "whom"? I
> > > > suppose when you are able discern the
difference
> > > > between "limescreen shavings" and "limestone screenings" and "prowlness" and "prowess". Less
> > > > time on the bike and more time hittin' the books might benefit one who is so feverishly
> > > > engaged in self-promotion.
> > > >
> > > > Jim McNamara
> > > >
> > > > Ed Gin & Shirleen Kajiwara <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > > > Fastrider,
> > > > >
> > > > > Jimmy's favorite pastime is boasting to fellow cyclists "how
expensive AND
> > > > > light" his bikes are. Many of my fellow riders have always asked me why
he brags
> > > > > about his bikes so often and mentions whom he USED to ride with. Their perception is he is
> > > > > one ego centered braggart and right they are.
> > > > >
> > > > > Recently others have mentioned to me, "every time I see Jimmy on
the North
> > > > > Branch Trail, he isn't riding, just jabbing away," as is the case the last 3
times I've
> > > > > seen him. No need to guess what he is boasting about now, is there? ;-)
> > > > >
> > > > > I OTOH along with a couple of his "past" friends all wish him well
with his
> > > > > retirement and may he "find peace with himself." :)
> > > > >
> > > > > Fair warning though, if you EVER see a black P-38 sitting on the
side of
> > > > > the Chicago North Branch trail with a older gray haired fellow looking for
companionship,
> > > > > think twice about stopping!
> > > > >
> > > > > But if you do, tell him Ed sent you.... :)
> > > > >
> > > > > Ed - http://www.2ni2.com/emoticon/grupos/ola.gif - Gin
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > fastrider wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Jim
> > > > > > McNamara) wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > Stay tuned for more of the same bullhsit from the man who does it
best,
> > > > > > > a legend in his own mind and Peter Pan of the recumbent set
... "HEAD"
> > > > > > > Gin! - Jim McNamara
> > > > > >
> > > > > > You got it all wrong Jimmy, You are the one who is full of nothing but BS with all your
> > > > > > self righteous, self serving, boring dribble you post on the HPV
list. At
> > > > > > least Ed takes an active part in the local HPV community, he has
helped
> > > > > > a lot of people get started with recumbents, he has organized
rides and
> > > > > > social events, he has been involved with the HPV racing circuit
and also
> > > > > > has a web site with a lot of documented information about
fairings,
> > > > > > projects and data regarding many recumbent models.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > You on the other hand have done nothing of benefit for the bent community.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Jimmy you are just a bag of hot air on the HPV list who spends
more time
> > > > > > at the keyboard than riding his bike. Save your big stories
about all
> > > > > > the world class cyclist you ride with on the North Branch trail
for
> > > > > > Ripley's Believe It or Not. Looks like you are the one full of
BS Jimmy.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Fastrider

Joshua,

No that wasn't a typo..... sole as in your shoe..... ;-)

Restraining order, Nahhhh wouldn't do any good as I'll be passing him on the North Branch Trail in
close proximity this season.

Ed

Joshua Goldberg wrote:

> May G-D have mercy on your sole??...isn't that a Fish?? Ed, ever thought about getting a
> "restraining order" from the courts. Like one that says if this guy comes anywhere near your mail
> slot or windshield he gets busted. As for suggesting the guy take Prozac...I think Prozac would
> just him smile more and be happier (while he is stalking you).
> ----------------------------------------------------
> "Ed Gin & Shirleen Kajiwara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Enough said huh Jimmy, I think NOT!
> >
> > The general readership in this forum as well as the hpv list serve,
> alt.rec.bicycle.recumbent and
> > other recumbent news lists need to know what the real Jimmy is all about.
> I have kept my mouth
> > shut and ignored through a "kill file" and disposal of hand delivered
> messages for too many years.
> > Not once have I replied to you on the assumption the continuing barrage of
> e-mail and suspicious
> > hand delivered notes and letters in my mailbox would diminish. Therefore
> I am forced to air
> > YOUR "dirty laundry" once and for all.
> >
> > The issue of not letting go is first. Many years ago we parted company.
> Like I mentioned, it was over and
> > I essentially put the issue to rest. You OTOH, started a barrage of
> attacks on any email I would post on the
> > hpv list serve. Eventually your posts were censored and not allowed, do
> you recall? Bad, bad boy Jimmy!
> > Then I started receiving "hate e-mail" which initiated the "kill file for
> this correspondence," thank you Netscape!
> >
> > I presume because your electronic mail was bounced, you resorted to
> "stalking" me and attaching notes in
> > zip lock bags on my windshield and hand delivering messages to my mailbox.
> Perhaps the "Fatal Attraction"
> > people should hear of this. Please note that this scenario continued for
> many years, without a word, reply, or
> > comment from me about this on the net. I even had to explain to a dozen
> cyclists why you put that note on my
> > windshield and give them MY assessment of your reasoning. With time,
> sane individuals will let go and
> > depart company in a reasonable manner, something which you clearly can
> not do, though I recall a email
> > from you mentioning I was out of YOUR LIFE. Well, the subsequent actions
> clearly demonstrate you
> > still need me for whatever purpose as I have ignored you for years till
> now. Clearly you are in need of
> > professional help, perhaps your St. Johns Wart is not adequate? There is
> Prozac you know? Even the famous
> > Zach Kaplan mentioned that you were obsessed with complaining about me for
> hours at a time when he
> > on vacation riding with you. OTOH, at the end of my ride with him, he
> asked me why I didn't mention
> > ANYTHING about YOU. I casually mentioned many of us "wish him well on his
> retirement." Yeah Jimmy,
> > I did let go for many years, but it is due time to set the facts
> straight.
> >
> > Regarding me not posting my mileage for the 2002 year on my web site, I
> thought you'd be
> > happy not to see my best year in decades as the compiling of data from all
> over the world and updating
> > require a lot of effort and time maintaining the web page, something you
> have no idea of. Did you NOT notice
> > the compilation of data was to allow riders a place to list yearly
> accomplishments, experiences,
> > and opinions riding all types of hpv's including upwrongs contrary to you
> continuing insinuation
> > of alternative intentions?
> >
> > Your accusation of keeping tally of friends lost is ludicrous as there are
> hundreds in the hpv community
> > who know me and what I stand for. When one has so many friends, not
> everyone is going to agree with you
> > all the time. Such is the nature of human kind, something you'll NEVER
> have to be concerned about with
> > your circle of riding companions whom I can count on one hand.
> >
> > Regarding me bragging, tackle this one, I can imagine you're festering
> over my recent "good samaritan"
> > report saving a fellow upwrong cyclist's life in the 41 degree
> temperatures of Lake Michigan, huh?
> > http://www.ihpva.org/pipermail/hpv/Week-of-Mon-20030414/030027.html
> >
> > And your continuous obsession and objection to my use of the "endearing"
> terms upwrong and wedgie, life
> > is full of choices, if you don't like like, deal with it. Perhaps start
> your own web site.
> >
> > And finally the issue of "integrity" has been brought up and you happily
> mentioned about
> > contributing MUCH to your community. What the law abiding citizens don't
> know is your escapades
> > and activity to maliciously plan and execute a plan of action destroying a
> neighbors principal
> > means of business and livelihood through the use of information gathered
> from a military manual
> > regarding how to stop the enemy. Though I will not air the details at
> this time, I wonder
> > if you have the intestinal fortitude to "explain why you pursued your
> course of action."
> > After all, we are discussing you integrity and reputation now aren't we?
> Heaven help you
> > if your victim ever finds out what you did! I take that back, what goes
> around comes around!
> >
> > In summary, you are an enigma of sorts, confused, hateful, and a
> pathetic example of the human
> > race. May God have mercy on your sole if there is one in the first place?
> >
> > A final word to the readers who have read this long OT post, I apologize
> if it offended you in anyway.
> > Perhaps there are a few of you who can sympathize with what I've put up
> with the last few years.
> > Thank goodness there are no Jimmy offspring, NOW you are providing a
> service to mankind.
> >
> > Ed - the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God - Gin
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Jim McNamara wrote:
> >
> > > Ed,
> > >
> > > Like Fastboy, you conveniently ducked (purposefully avoided addressing) a number of issues
> > > that I raised. I'll let that speak for itslef.
> > >
> > > The facts ... by the numbers?
> > >
> > > 1. Yes, you terminated our friendhip via an email.
> > > 2. You wrote that you considered us to "have had NO friendship for quite a while" (your
> > > words). You never mentioned a possibility for reconcilition. You wrote that sometimes
> > > people have to go there separate ways. "Life goes on. Just Deal with it" (again your
> > > words), you wrote. I replied thatt you conspicioulsy demonstrated how little you valued
> > > our friendship by your obstinate reluctance to even consider the prospect of resolving our
> > > diffenerces.
> > > 3. You know me better than to think I was afraid to engage you in a face to face. You never
> > > indiated that you wanted one and frankly I didn't want really one anyways. I mean ...
> > > what's the point? It would have been a complete waste of time and you know it.
> > > 4. I have no reason to believe anything you have to say abouty the notes that I placed on you
> > > winshield or in an X-Mas card. Their purpose was to refute the lies that I heard you had
> > > been spreading about me which were rported to me by some of your riding companions. I just
> > > wanted it to stop, that's all. By the way how is it that they read anything after you
> > > destroyed it anyways?
> > > 5. You know I don't respond well to threats, but do you really expect me to oblige you on a
> > > public forum? I suppose it was only a matter of time before your vindictive nature reared
> > > its ugly head. You're really a class act. If anyone is really interested in any of this
> > > (doubtful actually), why wouldn't they ask me instead of getting your second hand, twisted
> > > version of a story. Would you tell them anything of the two years of criminal damage to
> > > property that I was subjected to (another one of your deliberate, convenient memory
> > > lapses)? Well, playing fair never was one of your strong suits. Hearsay is inadmissbale
> > > and without evidence to substantiate whatever you say, you'll be skating on some pretty
> > > thin legal ice yourself. Just a thought.
> > >
> > > I'm fed up with this arrogant and self-absorbed pair and their unrestrained and enormously
> > > distended sense of self-importance. I have expended entirely too much time and energy on the
> > > both of them and I suspect that the readership is probably sick an tired of this "airing of
> > > dirty laundry" from both sides. I am willing to accept responsibility for my part in it, and
> > > extend my apology. Enough said.
> > >
> > > Jim McNamara
> > >
> > > > OK,
> > > >
> > > > Time to set the facts straight.....
> > > >
> > > > Several years ago, it was I whom wrote to you terminating our friendship via email. And I
> > > > emphasized I would welcome a face to face meeting or even a phone call to discuss our
> > > > differences. You emailed
> back
> > > > specifying those two options were not acceptable as you can write
> better????
> > > >
> > > > Perhaps you were afraid to engage in a two way exchange face to face?
> > > >
> > > > BTW, for the ensuing YEARS you were obsessed with continuing with sending me your string of
> > > > emails crying about my posts on the net.
> Why you even
> > > > put letters in zip lock bags on my windshield in addition to sending
> me Xmas cards with
> > > > no return addresses hoping I'd read your dribble. Just to let you
> know, many riders
> > > > saw that silly note you left on my windshield which was destroyed as
> soon as I read
> > > > the first few words. The consensual opinion of the riders was you
> were and are a nut.
> > > > Unfortunately I had to field their many inquiries why you are the way
> you appear. The
> > > > final conclusion is always the same, we all hoped you well in your
> retirement years.
> > > >
> > > > Integrity is an issue you shouldn't even bring up. There are things
> you have done
> > > > which is "criminal" and could be prosecuted in a court of law. And
> you
> > > > were stupid enough to brag about them to many of your neighbors and
> friends. Remember
> > > > I said SOMEDAY what you say may come back to haunt you?
> > > >
> > > > Are you ready to divulge to the public what you have done to destroy
> someone's
> > > > means of income and livelihood? Or perhaps should I?
> > > >
> > > > Yeah Jimmy, you are one fine person of upstanding stature in your
> neighborhood....NOT
> > > > I'm waiting for you to divulge your "reasoning" for "criminal
> behavior!"
> > > >
> > > > BTW, there are many whom "know" about this incident! And all agreed
> you should have
> > > > been prosecuted to the full extent of the law!
> > > >
> > > > Jimmy, try to EXPLAIN yourself out of this........OR PERHAPS YOU
> BETTER
> > > > KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT as it would be a clear admission to your behavior
> and
> > > > the information and facts will be forwarded to the victim for him to
> prosecute you!
> > > >
> > > > BTW, if anyone wants to know what Jimmy did, just ask me IN PERSON!
> > > >
> > > > Ed - just presenting the facts - Gin
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Jim McNamara wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Ed,
> > > > >
> > > > > Allow me to preface my remarks by stating that your constant distortion of the truth
> > > > > renders much of what you have to say as suspect. Your rhetoric is ripe with equivocation.
> > > > > Let me help you with that one, Ed. Equivocation is falsification by employing language
> > > > > that is intentionally vague or ambiguous. You have
> mastered
> > > > > of equivocation to eether mislead or avoid an unpleasant truth. You have managed to
> > > > > deceive some people. I just happen not to be one of them. With that said, I'll address the
> > > > > twisted notions that you attempted to pass off as dogma, accorigin to Ed. OK, I'll help
> > > > > you with that one too. Dogma is a doctrine accepted as authoritative without any
> > > > > requirement of proof. This is precisely what you demand from everyone whenever you open
> > > > > you big mouth isn't it? As concerns my favorite pastime, I'll admit that when I first
> > > > > built up my bikes
> I
> > > > > was understandably enthused about, I was proud of what I had accomplished and yes, I did
> > > > > initially talk quite a bit about them,
> and
> > > > > yes ... their weight and their cost, but also their components,
> wheel
> > > > > building, etc., but this was more often than not in direct response
> to
> > > > > an inquiry. What's the crime in that? I recall you doing much the same and never thought
> > > > > poorly of you for doing so. Even your
> website
> > > > > had topics devoted to your bikes. As far as "USED" to ride with, my main "USED" to ride
> > > > > with "world class" training partner stopped
> riding
> > > > > for a while after he retired from the pro ranks and then he moved, a fact that you know
> > > > > and conveniently (read deliberately) omitted. Deceit ... you do love it so don't you? Have
> > > > > you no sense of fair play? Now, lets not even get into ego or bragging, shall we. I'll
> > > > > concede immediately knowing full well that I cannot begin to compete with you in that
> > > > > particular arena. When it comes to ego and
> bragging,
> > > > > nobody does is better Ed Gin. As concerns our North Branch trail encounters, I do my best
> > > > > to ignore you, but I recall having seen you
> 4
> > > > > times. Only once was I stopped having a conversation with two cyclists at my day's
> > > > > designated turnaround point. You also stopped
> to
> > > > > engage these same two cyclists in conversation and immediately went
> on
> > > > > and one about your previous days cycling exploits. I rest my case. As concern "past"
> > > > > friends, you needn't fabricate rhetoric for them. No one I know talks remotely like that
> > > > > except you. As concerns the number of past friends, in the past five years, I have parted
> company
> > > > > with two people, one being you and the other is someone we have in common and he recently
> > > > > called me and expressed his desire to ride
> with
> > > > > me again. By the way, he had some unpleasant things to say about
> you,
> > > > > as did another riding companion that linked up with yesterday. You like to throw out
> > > > > numbers. I'd suggest that if we were to count who has lost more friends in the past five
> > > > > years, you know very well how the numbers would play out, so why do you persist in
> > > > > publicly
> setting
> > > > > yourself up for embarrassment yourself? As concerns my prior post that precipitated all of
> > > > > this banter, if I am mistaken, unlike yourself and your buddy above, I would be man enough
> > > > > to step
> forward,
> > > > > say that I'm wrong and offer my apology. Let's face facts though; insecure as you are, you
> > > > > don't pass up a single opportunity to seize center stage in order to bask in the
> > > > > limelight. By your own admission, you are a publicity hound. If your claimed of 21,861
> miles
> > > > > is accurate, it would be extremely uncharacteristic of you to pass
> up
> > > > > the chance to conduct your annual mileage survey in order to
> inscribe
> > > > > your feat on your website. You know it, and all of cyberspace knows
> > > > > it ... self-promotion is your specialty and no one is more accomplished at tooting his own
> > > > > horn than you are. With feigned humility, you asserted, "I saw no reason to post this
> > > > > on the website as it is not all that much mileage in comparison to my many years
> > > > > racing when younger." If I am to take you at your word, then I also have to call into
> > > > > question the reason why you were compelled to post your three previous year's mileage
> > > > > figures (12,268, 11,014 and 14,857). Is it just me or is this a mixed message that
> > > > > flies in the face of your "logic"? As concerns the picture you portrayed of me
> ...
> > > > > in fact, you are a year my senior ... I'm not lonely in search of companionship ... my
> > > > > hair has yet to turn gray. Have you no integrity, at all? I forgot ... liars don't have
> > > > > integrity!
> > > > >
> > > > > P.S. By the way, when are you going to learn the difference between "who" and "whom"? I
> > > > > suppose when you are able discern the
> difference
> > > > > between "limescreen shavings" and "limestone screenings" and "prowlness" and "prowess".
> > > > > Less time on the bike and more time hittin' the books might benefit one who is so
> > > > > feverishly engaged in self-promotion.
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim McNamara
> > > > >
> > > > > Ed Gin & Shirleen Kajiwara <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > > > > Fastrider,
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Jimmy's favorite pastime is boasting to fellow cyclists "how
> expensive AND
> > > > > > light" his bikes are. Many of my fellow riders have always asked me why
> he brags
> > > > > > about his bikes so often and mentions whom he USED to ride with. Their perception is he
> > > > > > is one ego centered braggart and right they are.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Recently others have mentioned to me, "every time I see Jimmy on
> the North
> > > > > > Branch Trail, he isn't riding, just jabbing away," as is the case the last 3
> times I've
> > > > > > seen him. No need to guess what he is boasting about now, is there? ;-)
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I OTOH along with a couple of his "past" friends all wish him well
> with his
> > > > > > retirement and may he "find peace with himself." :)
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Fair warning though, if you EVER see a black P-38 sitting on the
> side of
> > > > > > the Chicago North Branch trail with a older gray haired fellow looking for
> companionship,
> > > > > > think twice about stopping!
> > > > > >
> > > > > > But if you do, tell him Ed sent you.... :)
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Ed - http://www.2ni2.com/emoticon/grupos/ola.gif - Gin
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > fastrider wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
> > > > > > > (Jim McNamara) wrote:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Stay tuned for more of the same bullhsit from the man who does it
> best,
> > > > > > > > a legend in his own mind and Peter Pan of the recumbent set
> ... "HEAD"
> > > > > > > > Gin! - Jim McNamara
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > You got it all wrong Jimmy, You are the one who is full of nothing but BS with all
> > > > > > > your self righteous, self serving, boring dribble you post on the HPV
> list. At
> > > > > > > least Ed takes an active part in the local HPV community, he has
> helped
> > > > > > > a lot of people get started with recumbents, he has organized
> rides and
> > > > > > > social events, he has been involved with the HPV racing circuit
> and also
> > > > > > > has a web site with a lot of documented information about
> fairings,
> > > > > > > projects and data regarding many recumbent models.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > You on the other hand have done nothing of benefit for the bent community.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Jimmy you are just a bag of hot air on the HPV list who spends
> more time
> > > > > > > at the keyboard than riding his bike. Save your big stories
> about all
> > > > > > > the world class cyclist you ride with on the North Branch trail
> for
> > > > > > > Ripley's Believe It or Not. Looks like you are the one full of
> BS Jimmy.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Fastrider

Fastboy (Alan A.) & Ed,

My memory has been refreshed. Now that I know what you were referring to, here are rew
clarifiations. I didn't chase or scare hell out of the guy. I was doing a loop on local two lane
(got that Ed?) side streets. I encountered the man a second time when he rode up an alley that
intersected a street on this circuit. I stopped to engage him in converstaion (turned out to be a
big mistake) and he just went off on
me. He initially threatend me, not the other way around. He was hardly your "average rider". I
didn't threaten his life although I did call his hand. In retrospect, I should have just rode
away but I didn't. Enough about that. Ed selected another topic to harp on yet again (It's his
favorite, anti-Jimmy post you know). In the past, I confessed to being human. Unlike Ed - I'm
PERFECT in every way - Gin, I not only make mistakes, I'll admit it. In the incident cited, I
had an unfortunate, momentary lapse. No one was jurt. I never "justified" it. I was
understandably penitent. I apologized. I can't turn back the clock and undue what was done. I
don't know what more Ed expects of me, and frankly I could care less. The bottom line is that
all I can do now is endure Ed's repetitious replay of the incident. Surely this is sufficient
penance. Like the both of you, I could also pick and choose between some of your less than
stellar posts, in an attempt to make a point and sway the readership. What does that prove? Is
anyone about to read all of our posts in order to determine what we are all about? Does anyone
really even care? Ed, you continue to bait me, requesting me to respond to various allegations,
an yet you you deliberately exempt yourself from doing the same, but you've always insisted on
playing by your rules and only your rules, rules that transcend fair play. Sorry Ed, but
simnply will not play your game by your rules. You babble gibberish about waiting for a
response to this and waiting for a response to that. Well, you'll be waiting a long time, as
long as I have. Ed, since you continue to harp on my alleged criminal activitiy, allow me to
state that I hve no pangs of conscience and I'd like to remind you of your unsolicited
contribution of ideas and your enthusiasm in volunteering your services. Just curious ... have
you ever heard the terms "accesory before and after the fact"? In smearing my reputation with a
broad brush, you conveniently excluded details that would implicate yourself. You know Ed,
you're really not as slick as you fancy yourself to be. All this malliciousness has become old
and boring. Life is entirely too short to devote any more of it to you (Ed) and your buddy
(Fastboy). Neither of you are worthy of any subsequent expenditure of my time and/or energy.
Someone has to finally put an end to this. It may as well be me. I'm done. There's no need to
respond. I'm not only uninterested, I probably won't venture back so as not to be tempted to
reply to any more of the incoherent, fictitious, banal drivel that you two struggle to compose.

Jim McNamara

fastrider <[email protected]> wrote in message
> McNamara) wrote:
>
> > Still hiding out behing your moniker, eh. Aren't you the bold and courageous one. I don't recall
> > the post in question.
>
> No Jimmy, I wasn't telling a tall tale. You were on the pedestrian bike trail and a fellow rider
> passed you in the opposite direction, waved and said "ride safely". You in turn chased the guy and
> scared the hell out him and of course he became offensive because you were threatening him and
> endangering other people chasing him on the trail. Just for telling you to "ride safely".
>
> Here's some of your HPV article quotes "Before I could even utter a word, he glared at me and
> screamed. "Why did you stop."
>
> "I said, "I've had enough of your ****. Don't sing it ... bring it. Let's get it on"."
>
> Anyone on this list who wants to read the rest can go to:
> http://www.ihpva.org/pipermail/hpv/Week-of-Mon-20020408/023708.html
>
> BTW,I do not need someone like you threatening my safety or life the way you threatened an average
> rider on the bike trail for doing nothing more than greeting you on a ride. I avoid riders like
> you at all costs.
>
> Fastrider

Hi Fab,

Thanks for speaking out. We've likely crossed paths. I ride a Merlin upright and a Lightning P-38,
and in transition you probably would have even known that it was me from one day to the next. Thanks
for the supportive comments, although it was Fastboy who had taken me to task on that account.

Jim McNamara

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "Jim McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message .
> > As for Fab, "my elite buddy", like Ed you just can't manage to get anything right, can you. I
> > not only have never ridden with Fab. I don't even know the man. Care to jump in here Fab and
> > help set the record straigt?.
>
> You're correct there, can't say I've ridden with you.
>
> But I have been known to let other riders know what I think of them when I see them out on the
> road. Most often it happens in late summer when I get a bit burnt out on the bike. I don't
> understand why Ed Gin thinks you getting into an ugly scene with that rider is such a big deal. Us
> guys should be mature enough to be able to dish that kind of stuff out from time to time. It does
> have the good effect of thinning out the weak from taking up road cycling. There are a lot of
> other sports the timid can turn to.

Jim,

"Accessory before and after the fact." Are you admitting to a "crime of some sort?"

Oh please do publicly post what occurred, and if you even think I'm a part of your plan then that
includes many neighbors, your spouse, close friends, etc.

You're barking up the wrong tree.

Jim, you know what you did as well as a lot of others, and you ACTED ALONE!

"Old and boring" I'd bet your victim would feel on the contrary! Yeah and don't reply to my
allegations as it will surely INCRIMATE YOU.

Ed - appalled at your accusation, I'm law abiding - Gin

Jim McNamara wrote:

> Fastboy (Alan A.) & Ed,
>
> My memory has been refreshed. Now that I know what you were referring to, here are rew
> clarifiations. I didn't chase or scare hell out of the guy. I was doing a loop on local two lane
> (got that Ed?) side streets. I encountered the man a second time when he rode up an alley that
> intersected a street on this circuit. I stopped to engage him in converstaion (turned out to be a
> big mistake) and he just went off on
> me. He initially threatend me, not the other way around. He was hardly your "average rider". I
> didn't threaten his life although I did call his hand. In retrospect, I should have just rode
> away but I didn't. Enough about that. Ed selected another topic to harp on yet again (It's
> his favorite, anti-Jimmy post you know). In the past, I confessed to being human. Unlike Ed -
> I'm PERFECT in every way - Gin, I not only make mistakes, I'll admit it. In the incident
> cited, I had an unfortunate, momentary lapse. No one was jurt. I never "justified" it. I was
> understandably penitent. I apologized. I can't turn back the clock and undue what was done. I
> don't know what more Ed expects of me, and frankly I could care less. The bottom line is that
> all I can do now is endure Ed's repetitious replay of the incident. Surely this is sufficient
> penance. Like the both of you, I could also pick and choose between some of your less than
> stellar posts, in an attempt to make a point and sway the readership. What does that prove?
> Is anyone about to read all of our posts in order to determine what we are all about? Does
> anyone really even care? Ed, you continue to bait me, requesting me to respond to various
> allegations, an yet you you deliberately exempt yourself from doing the same, but you've
> always insisted on playing by your rules and only your rules, rules that transcend fair play.
> Sorry Ed, but simnply will not play your game by your rules. You babble gibberish about
> waiting for a response to this and waiting for a response to that. Well, you'll be waiting a
> long time, as long as I have. Ed, since you continue to harp on my alleged criminal
> activitiy, allow me to state that I hve no pangs of conscience and I'd like to remind you of
> your unsolicited contribution of ideas and your enthusiasm in volunteering your services.
> Just curious ... have you ever heard the terms "accesory before and after the fact"? In
> smearing my reputation with a broad brush, you conveniently excluded details that would
> implicate yourself. You know Ed, you're really not as slick as you fancy yourself to be. All
> this malliciousness has become old and boring. Life is entirely too short to devote any more
> of it to you (Ed) and your buddy (Fastboy). Neither of you are worthy of any subsequent
> expenditure of my time and/or energy. Someone has to finally put an end to this. It may as
> well be me. I'm done. There's no need to respond. I'm not only uninterested, I probably won't
> venture back so as not to be tempted to reply to any more of the incoherent, fictitious,
> banal drivel that you two struggle to compose.
>
> Jim McNamara
>
> > McNamara) wrote:
> >
> > > Still hiding out behing your moniker, eh. Aren't you the bold and courageous one. I don't
> > > recall the post in question.
> >
> > No Jimmy, I wasn't telling a tall tale. You were on the pedestrian bike trail and a fellow rider
> > passed you in the opposite direction, waved and said "ride safely". You in turn chased the guy
> > and scared the hell out him and of course he became offensive because you were threatening him
> > and endangering other people chasing him on the trail. Just for telling you to "ride safely".
> >
> > Here's some of your HPV article quotes "Before I could even utter a word, he glared at me and
> > screamed. "Why did you stop."
> >
> > "I said, "I've had enough of your ****. Don't sing it ... bring it. Let's get it on"."
> >
> > Anyone on this list who wants to read the rest can go to:
> > http://www.ihpva.org/pipermail/hpv/Week-of-Mon-20020408/023708.html
> >
> > BTW,I do not need someone like you threatening my safety or life the way you threatened an
> > average rider on the bike trail for doing nothing more than greeting you on a ride. I avoid
> > riders like you at all costs.
> >
> > Fastrider

Status
Not open for further replies.