Upgrading bulbs in a niterider

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Bert, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. Bert

    Bert Guest

    Has anyone upgraded the bulbs in the niterider dual beam? I was woundering if it was possible to
    upgrade to HID or other "better" bulbs. My friend has a light & motion, and it puts off a really
    bright blueish light. I don't want to fork out 400 clams for a new light. Any suggestions?
    Thanks Bert

    Tags:

  2. Bert wrote:

    > Has anyone upgraded the bulbs in the niterider dual beam? I was woundering if it was possible to
    > upgrade to HID or other "better" bulbs. My friend has a light & motion, and it puts off a really
    > bright blueish light. I don't want to fork out 400 clams for a new light.

    HID bulbs run at a very much higher voltage, require a special transformer and associate circuitry.
    It is not feasible to confert an existing system to HID.

    Sticking with halogen bulbs, there are a range of beam patterns and wattages available for your
    system, but there's no "free lunch"...Higher wattage will only come at the cost of reduced run time.

    +
    | If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he | will not bite you. | This is the
    | principal difference between a dog and a man. | --Mark Twain |