Upgrading bulbs in a niterider

Bert

Guest
Has anyone upgraded the bulbs in the niterider dual beam? I was woundering if it was possible to
upgrade to HID or other "better" bulbs. My friend has a light & motion, and it puts off a really
bright blueish light. I don't want to fork out 400 clams for a new light. Any suggestions?
Thanks Bert

Bert wrote:

> Has anyone upgraded the bulbs in the niterider dual beam? I was woundering if it was possible to
> upgrade to HID or other "better" bulbs. My friend has a light & motion, and it puts off a really
> bright blueish light. I don't want to fork out 400 clams for a new light.

HID bulbs run at a very much higher voltage, require a special transformer and associate circuitry.
It is not feasible to confert an existing system to HID.

Sticking with halogen bulbs, there are a range of beam patterns and wattages available for your
system, but there's no "free lunch"...Higher wattage will only come at the cost of reduced run time.

+
| If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he | will not bite you. | This is the
| principal difference between a dog and a man. | --Mark Twain |