V2 tailbone pain

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Paul Dalen, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. Paul Dalen

    Paul Dalen Guest

    I can feel the back of the seat pan on my V2 seat, and it doesn't feel too good. I tried pulling the
    cover off and putting it on front to back, so that the foam would be pulled back, but that didn't
    work. Anyone have any good ideas about how to prevent this?

    Tags:

  2. Chere

    Chere Guest

    Gardner cut out a horseshoe shape section from the foam padding in the "tailbone" area of the seat
    and that resolved tailbone pain for me on my GRR. Hope this helps.

    --
    Chere ~ GRR Sanibel, FL / Cumberland, MD

  3. Ben Fox

    Ben Fox Guest

    I had the same problem with my V-2 ,the foam is too thin and with the reclined position all you
    weight is placed on your tailbone,don't see how cutting away foam in the tailbone area would do
    anything but make it worse. I tried adding /removing foam, tightening the mesh back to move my butt
    forward, nothing helped. I fianlly installed first a Lightning seat ,then an Organic Engines mesh
    and hardshell seat. They all fit the Same mounts as the lightning seat and can be interchanged in
    seconds. The O.E. Euro style seat was very good on the V-2 ,[less weight than the RANS seat], fast
    and climbs much better. Ben fox much better "Paul Dalen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I can feel the back of the seat pan on my V2 seat, and it doesn't feel too good. I tried pulling
    > the cover off and putting it on front to back, so that the foam would be pulled back, but that
    > didn't work. Anyone have any good ideas about how to prevent this?

  4. If you move your butt 1/4 inch forward off the back of the seatpan, you usually will eliminate the
    pain. I have ridden my V2 4,000 miles this year that way, pain free. Bob Milligan V2