Vanderman riding a mountain bike in New York?

"Ken B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 00:13:58 GMT, "mp" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Ken B <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> <Snipped egocentric self righteous bovine faecal matter>

> >> Absoluckingfutely incorrect. *You owe us for MacDonald's, Britney, Coca Cola, saying 'like,
> >> sooooo waayyy coool, OK?" and **** like that. You owe us
for
> >> all the **** you've dumped on us.
> >>
> >> *(Not you personally, mind).

> >> The hell you do! America isn't a big enough market to sustain the form
of
> >> it's hype driven shite, without the rest of the world, it'd collapse in
> >> rancid heap of self congratulatory hollowness.

> >> Like we need zits.
> >>
> >> Shaun aRe - ****ing hates them Xenophobians too. ',;~}
> >>

> >Amen....
> >
> >And f you want to talk about your way of life, you may want to consider
that
> >Canada has given you:
> >

> >The Telephone
>
> Prove it.

Why, it's true, and already been proven, so why repeat the facts?

> >The Television
>
> The credit as to who was the inventor of modern television comes down to two different people in
> two different places both working on the same problem at about the same time: Vladimir Kosma
> Zworykin, a Russian-born American inventor working for Westinghouse, and Philo Taylor Farnsworth,
> a privately backed farm boy from the state of Utah.
>
> >The Light Bulb (Sorry folks, Old Tommy E was a year behind us)
>
> There were a lot of people working on this problem too. Sorry, too many to make this worth
> arguing.

Meaning you have no argument.

> >The Snowmobile
>
> This changes my way of life how?

Yours? Maybe not at all. To your countrymen in Alaska, a hell of a lot. To the freezing souls caught
in avalanches, a hell of a lot more.

> >The Jet Airliner
>
> Maybe my history's incorrect, but I thought that the first jet airliner was the DeHavaland (sp?)
> Comet of British manufacture. With the first operational jet fighter being of British
> manufacture too.

Hmm..I may have jumped the gun a bit on that one. I was referring to not only the the variable pitch
propeller, developed in l922, which made the air transport industry possible by allowing planes to
carry heavy loads, but also to the first commercial jet in "North America" and the second in the
world, the Avro Jetliner, which was built in Toronto.

> The first widely used jet airliner was the Boeing 707.

And your point is?

> >Insulin
>
> How can you invent something that the body produces naturally? How about the Polio vaccine or the
> Small Pox vaccine or something along those lines?

Where did I mention the word "invent"? I was merely referring to the fact that Canada was the first
country to use insulin as a diabetes treatment. I guess I have to spell things out for ya'll.

> >Chocolate Bars
>
> You're getting desperate.

Not really, I just thought it was a neat fact, considering I live less than an hour away from the
chocolate factory that produced the first chocolate bar. Hometown pride I guess.

> >Electric Range
>
> Life changing?

Umm....yeah. What do you think the majority of North Americans cook on?

> >Street Cars
>
> Nothing genius in that.

You folks though so when you implemented them.

> >Newsprint
>
> Hmmm... I didn't even think Canada existed when this was invented.

Then you thought wrong. Charles Fenerty of Halifax made the first paper from wood pulp (newsprint)
in 1838. Charles Fenerty was helping a local paper mill maintain an adequate supply of rags to make
paper, when he succeeded in making paper from wood pulp.

> >The Pacemaker
>
> Well, I guess if you need one it's life changing.

My Dad thinks so.

> >The Washing Machine
>
> I'm American, I just buy new clothes, remember?

Ahh yes. Americans. The ever wasteful society, doing their best to transform the planet into one
giant landfill.

> >The Snow Plow
>
> Again, pure genius.

Is that the best retort you can come up with when you have nothing better to say?

> >Radio Compass
>
> Now, THAT is something useful.

I agree.

> >Gramaphone
>
> Earth shattering.

I agree, and modern music industry agrees.

> >Not to mention.....Superman...
>
> He's probably the best one of the bunch.

Hmm....well...I guess. He is pretty cool.

> >I could go on, but that would be bragging...
> >

> If that's the best you can do

No, far from the best. They were just the first things I thought of...

I could have listed..hmm..let's see...

The Wirephoto The Canadarm Hockey, Basketball, and LaCross Insulation The Garbage Bag (perfect for
you yanks that throw everything out) The Fathometer Computerized Braille Plexiglass Standard Time
The Walkie-Talkie Java Programming Language The Electron Microscope And my favourite of them
all...The Retractable Beer Carton Handle (you see, up here we have real beer)

Well, ok, that was almost my favourite. My actual favourite is the zipper, which you'll hear
whenever I want more lip from you.

>....... well, let's just say I'm not really worried about the Canadians invading anytime soon.

Who said anything about invading? That would imply you had anything worth taking, and I can't think
of anything of yours that we would want.

mp

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:57:03 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Ken B <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:p[email protected]...
>> On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:21:26 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> ><Snipped egocentric self righteous bovine faecal matter>

>> >Absoluckingfutely incorrect. *You owe us for MacDonald's, Britney, Coca Cola, saying 'like,
>> >sooooo waayyy coool, OK?" and **** like that. You owe us
>for
>> >all the **** you've dumped on us.
>> >
>> >*(Not you personally, mind).
>>
>> Hey, if you bought that ****, shame on you, ok?
>
>No, _not_ me, but I have to put up with all the little brain washed kiddies that did, and it's
>****ing sickening.
>
>> If anything, that even's us up for the damage done in the War of 1812. And, besides, we had to
>> deal with Wham and all those other **** bands in the 80s. How about the Spice Girls???
>
>Inspired by the US 'culture' shite that's rammed down our throats from an early age.

How so? Who is twisting your arm to buy/listen/watch whatever? If you think it's eroding your way of
life then use your constitutional right to vote for a change. Or just excercise your right not to
buy/listen/watch. Trust me, if the market didn't trun a profit we'd bail quick enough. Could the
reason for the continued influx of our products be that the domestic alternatives aren't 1) cheap
enough 2) varried enough 3) good enough or 4) even exist at all?

>> And food??? You should thank us for McDonalds!!!
>
>That food is shite.

I know that. I don't eat it either.

>> Ever hear of British Cuisine?
>
>Absolutely, Britain has an excellent cullinary history, and an even better culinary present.

I digress. But hey, food is a pretty personal thing.

>Ever heard of US cuisine? No, but I've heard of Italian, Hispanic, French, Greek, African, Chinese,
>Indian, Native American and British etc. - all those cuisines are your own are they? No, they've
>just been absorbed. You cannot deny that this is the nature of the world, yes, including the good
>ol' US of A.

Absolutely, America has an excellent cullinary history, and an even better culinary present.

>> Neither did I.
>
>That's because your world awareness doesn't extend beyond those shores.

I don't think so, but whatever.

>> I've heard of Mad Cow though.
>
>Margaret Thatcher is no longer as political force here, so that doesn't count.

That's pretty good.

>> >The hell you do! America isn't a big enough market to sustain the form of it's hype driven
>> >shite, without the rest of the world, it'd collapse in a rancid heap of self congratulatory
>> >hollowness.
>>
>> Ahh, you're wrong there,
>
>Heheh, you'd like to think so.

So, exactly what would that collapse be like? Exactly how would Americans suffer? Then tell me what
the impact on the rest of the world would be in that same scenario.

>> but you can keep on believing that if you like -- as you eat your Big Mac.
>
>I don't eat the things. I cook for myself, making dishes inspired by cuisines from all over this
>globe, including home spun, and am quite adept at it.

Same here.

mp wrote:

>>>Electric Range
>>
>>Life changing?
>

> Umm....yeah. What do you think the majority of North Americans cook on?

Gas. Electric ranges absolutely SUCK ****.

Greg "currently renting so I'm stuck with my electric" T.

--
"Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 23:19:55 GMT, "mp" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Who said anything about invading? That would imply you had anything worth taking, and I can't think
>of anything of yours that we would want.
>
>mp

You want our way of life. It's worth more than the total GNP of all the other nations in the
world. And what makes it even better is that you can have it -- anyone can. That's why they line
up at the doors.

There isn't a country in the world that can measure up to the United States in terms of character,
ingenuity, determination, compassion and yes, wealth -- not so much in monetary terms but in the
knowledge that we are the greatest nation in the world and that we're proud of our land and our
[combined] heritage. We're proud of the knowledge that we're the ones that all other nations call
upon when the going gets tough. We proud of the knowledge that we're happy to help when asked even
though it's unappreciated.

You can't understand it without living it and we don't expect or need you to. If you really don't
want our influences in your country then vote us out (if you have that freedom). Chances are that
we'll still come running when you need help.

Ken B <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:57:03 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Ken B <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:p[email protected]...
> >> On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:21:26 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Inspired by the US 'culture' shite that's rammed down our throats from an early age.
>
> How so? Who is twisting your arm to buy/listen/watch whatever?

No, not my arm, but when marketing is targeted at children who have not yet developed the mental
filters of discretion and thoughtful discrimination etc, a choice is not involved.

> If you think it's eroding your way of life then use your constitutional right to vote for a
> change. Or just excercise your right not to buy/listen/watch.

I do. I had my filters in place at an early age, and have a supple mind. Things hadn't gone as far
either, when I was a child.

> Trust me, if the market didn't trun a profit we'd bail quick enough.

Egfuckingzactly. Co.s like MuckDevils create their own market, by the cynical practice of targetting
unwitting inocents like children, from the word go. It's waaayy outa line boy.

> >> I've heard of Mad Cow though.
> >
> >Margaret Thatcher is no longer as political force here, so that doesn't count.
>
> That's pretty good.

Heheheheh! I tell you, I'd throw a huge party if she kicked the bucket.

> >I don't eat the things. I cook for myself, making dishes inspired by cuisines from all over this
> >globe, including home spun, and am quite
adept
> >at it.
>
> Same here.

Good to hear, then.

I think I've had enough now, of discussion politics and world views - it gets tiresome after a
while, and no achieves much, eh?

Later.

Shaun aRe

> >>Life changing?
> >

> > Umm....yeah. What do you think the majority of North Americans cook on?
> >

> Gas. Electric ranges absolutely SUCK ****.
>
> Greg "currently renting so I'm stuck with my electric" T.

Well, apparently you know what sucking **** is all about. I do not, so I will have to take your
word for it.

Having said that, do you really think that the majority of North Americans use gas stoves?

mp

> >>Life changing?
> >

> > Umm....yeah. What do you think the majority of North Americans cook on?
> >

> Gas. Electric ranges absolutely SUCK ****.

not at all actually....but it's personal choice. And with gas prices what they are. Not such a hard
choice to make...

> Greg "currently renting so I'm stuck with my electric" T.

and a cheaper gas bill for it!

> --
> "Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
> we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

"Ken B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 23:19:55 GMT, "mp" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Who said anything about invading? That would imply you had anything worth taking, and I can't
> >think of anything of yours that we would want.
> >
> >mp
> >

> You want our way of life.

Wrong

>?It's worth more than the total GNP of all the other nations in the world.

Wrong

>And what makes it even better is that you can have it -- anyone can. That's why they line up at
>the doors.

There's a line up at Hell's Gates too....wait, do I detect a similarity here?

> There isn't a country in the world that can measure up to the United States in terms of character,
> ingenuity, determination, compassion and yes, wealth

Wrong again.

>-- not so much in monetary terms but in the knowledge that we are the greatest nation in the world
>and that we're proud of our land and our [combined] heritage. We're proud of the knowledge that
>we're the ones that all other nations call upon when the going gets tough.

Uh-huh. Then why do they call Canada the Peace Keeping Nation of the world?

We proud of the knowledge that we're happy to help when asked
> even though it's unappreciated.

What's unappreciated is the fact that you continously intervene without being asked. But, thats' a
typical american thang to do.

> You can't understand it without living it and we don't expect or need you to.

I understand that Canada is a far much better place to live.

> If you really don't want our influences in your country then vote us out (if you have that
> freedom).

We have more freedom than you will ever know.

>Chances are that we'll still come running when you need help.

Hmm....don't recall ever asking.

"Ken B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... There isn't a country in the world that can
measure up to the United States in terms of ********, bigheadedness, delusion, campness and yes,
wealth -- not so much in monetary terms but in the knowledge that we are the greatest bunch of
assholes in the world and that we're proud of our land and our very short history. We're proud of
the knowledge that we're the ones who stick our noses in everyone elses business. We proud of the
knowledge that we're happy to help when we think we know better even though we're unappreciated.

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:51:19 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Ken B <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:57:03 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>> >Ken B <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:p[email protected]...
>

>> >Inspired by the US 'culture' shite that's rammed down our throats from an early age.
>>
>> How so? Who is twisting your arm to buy/listen/watch whatever?
>
>No, not my arm, but when marketing is targeted at children who have not yet developed the mental
>filters of discretion and thoughtful discrimination etc, a choice is not involved.
>
>> If you think it's eroding your way of life then use your constitutional right to vote for a
>> change. Or just excercise your right not to buy/listen/watch.
>
>I do. I had my filters in place at an early age, and have a supple mind. Things hadn't gone as far
>either, when I was a child.
>
>> Trust me, if the market didn't trun a profit we'd bail quick enough.
>
>Egfuckingzactly. Co.s like MuckDevils create their own market, by the cynical practice of
>targetting unwitting inocents like children, from the word go. It's waaayy outa line boy.

>> >Margaret Thatcher is no longer as political force here, so that doesn't count.
>>
>> That's pretty good.
>
>Heheheheh! I tell you, I'd throw a huge party if she kicked the bucket.
>
>> >I don't eat the things. I cook for myself, making dishes inspired by cuisines from all over this
>> >globe, including home spun, and am quite
>adept
>> >at it.
>>
>> Same here.
>
>Good to hear, then.
>

>I think I've had enough now, of discussion politics and world views - it gets tiresome after a
>while, and no achieves much, eh?

Agreed. This IS a mountain bike NG anyway, right?

In all honesty, I don't care much at all for the general 'win at all costs' profit-driven mindset of
most American corporations. It's emabarrasing and sickening to me. I think I'm one of the few here
who was actually happy to see the Dow hit 7500. I'd like to see it go lower to put things back in
perspective and I've already lost quite a bit of $$$.

I don't like the fact that my government feels the need to meddle in the afairs of every single
country on the planet and in the afairs of everyone of its very own citizens -- it flies in the
face of our Constitution which I feel is probably the most perfect political document in
existence. It bothers me deeply that our corporations can buy laws that are blatantly
unconstitutional safe in the knowledge that no one will be able to contest those laws because of
the prohibitive cost of doing so.

What I do know is that in a few years time it'll be my generation running the show and I know that
we don't really care about what country X is doing and why so long as they aren't pointing rockets
at us or bothering our citizens. Alas, we are still in the minority here so it'll be a while longer
until we can make some changes and get back to the basics -- like our Constitution intended.

Don't ask me what sucking **** is all about. The electric range sucks ****, not me.

> Having said that, do you really think that the majority of North Americans use gas stoves?

Out of all the homes and apartments I've visited in the last 20 years all have had gas ranges except
for two. Gas ranges are much more efficient than electric ranges. Gas is also much better to cook
with. Ever see a professional chef cooking with electricity?

My gas bill in the summer at my old house was only $6 a month. My electricity bill in my small
apartment is $20 higher per month than it was in my house. The only significant difference is that I
now have an electric range. I cook alot so the range is the only thing that I can figure out that is
making my electricity bill higher.

Greg

--

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 00:23:12 -0000, " Mike Spence" <[email protected]> wrote:

> but in the knowledge that we are the greatest bunch of assholes in the world

You must be Canadian -- or French. Same thing.

> In all honesty, I don't care much at all for the general 'win at all costs' profit-driven mindset
> of most American corporations. It's emabarrasing and sickening to me. I think I'm one of the few
> here who was actually happy to see the Dow hit 7500. I'd like to see it go lower to put things
> back in perspective and I've already lost quite a bit of $$$.
>
> I don't like the fact that my government feels the need to meddle in the afairs of every single
> country on the planet and in the afairs of everyone of its very own citizens -- it flies in the
> face of our Constitution which I feel is probably the most perfect political document in
> existence. It bothers me deeply that our corporations can buy laws that are blatantly
> unconstitutional safe in the knowledge that no one will be able to contest those laws because of
> the prohibitive cost of doing so.
>
> What I do know is that in a few years time it'll be my generation running the show and I know that
> we don't really care about what country X is doing and why so long as they aren't pointing rockets
> at us or bothering our citizens. Alas, we are still in the minority here so it'll be a while
> longer until we can make some changes and get back to the basics -- like our Constitution
> intended.

Hmm...all this from the fellow who just a couple days ago said that americans had the god given
right to do what ever they wanted, in whatever country they wanted to do it in.

Changing your way of thinking are you?

G.T. <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...
> mp wrote:
> > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >

> My gas bill in the summer at my old house was only $6 a month. My electricity bill in my small
> apartment is $20 higher per month than it was in my house. The only significant difference is that
> I now have an electric range. I cook alot so the range is the only thing that I can figure out
> that is making my electricity bill higher.

Yup, I agree - hate cooking with electrickery, but am stuck with it myself ATM. Gas, is cheaper
_and_ heaps more controllable. Only thing that comes near for control, is the halogen hob.

Shaun aRe

news:D[email protected]...
> mp wrote:
> > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >>Gas. Electric ranges absolutely SUCK ****.
> >>
> >>Greg "currently renting so I'm stuck with my electric" T.
> >>

> > Well, apparently you know what sucking **** is all about. I do not, so I will have to take your
> > word for it.
> >

> Don't ask me what sucking **** is all about. The electric range sucks ****, not me.
>
> > Having said that, do you really think that the majority of North
Americans
> > use gas stoves?
> >

> Out of all the homes and apartments I've visited in the last 20 years all have had gas ranges
> except for two. Gas ranges are much more efficient than electric ranges. Gas is also much better
> to cook with. Ever see a professional chef cooking with electricity?
>
> My gas bill in the summer at my old house was only $6 a month. My electricity bill in my small
> apartment is $20 higher per month than it was in my house. The only significant difference is that
> I now have an electric range. I cook alot so the range is the only thing that I can figure out
> that is making my electricity bill higher.
>
> Greg

Nice story, but you still haven't answered my question. Ever though about going into politics. You
could probably do a better job than that joke you call a president.

mp

"Ken B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 00:23:12 -0000, " Mike Spence" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > but in the knowledge that we are the greatest bunch of assholes in the
world

> You must be Canadian -- or French. Same thing.

Now there you go.....showing your ignorance again. You might want to do a bit of research before
assuming all Canadians are french. If you did, you would discover that the french population makes
up a small percentage of Canadians.

But then again, americans are known for jumpin' head first into things they know nothing about.

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 02:30:57 GMT, "mp" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> In all honesty, I don't care much at all for the general 'win at all costs' profit-driven mindset
>> of most American corporations. It's emabarrasing and sickening to me. I think I'm one of the few
>> here who was actually happy to see the Dow hit 7500. I'd like to see it go lower to put things
>> back in perspective and I've already lost quite a bit of $$$.
>>
>> I don't like the fact that my government feels the need to meddle in the afairs of every single
>> country on the planet and in the afairs of everyone of its very own citizens -- it flies in the
>> face of our Constitution which I feel is probably the most perfect political document in
>> existence. It bothers me deeply that our corporations can buy laws that are blatantly
>> unconstitutional safe in the knowledge that no one will be able to contest those laws because of
>> the prohibitive cost of doing so.
>>
>> What I do know is that in a few years time it'll be my generation running the show and I know
>> that we don't really care about what country X is doing and why so long as they aren't pointing
>> rockets at us or bothering our citizens. Alas, we are still in the minority here so it'll be a
>> while longer until we can make some changes and get back to the basics -- like our Constitution
>> intended.
>>

>Hmm...all this from the fellow who just a couple days ago said that americans had the god given
>right to do what ever they wanted, in whatever country they wanted to do it in.
>
>Changing your way of thinking are you?

I fully stand by what I've already stated. I also stand by what I stated above. The assumption, on
your part, when I defended my nation was that I agreed wholeheartedly with my government's
policies. I don't. How could I? Our president can't even tie his shoes for Christ's sake. Nor do I
care for 'Corporate America(tm)' and the 'it's all about the shareholder' mentality. Quite the
contrary, I consider the practice to be un-American, if anything. I would love to see a return to
the foreign policy and corporate mindset that prevailed prior to World War II combined with the
current global economic ties as they are right now. I don't know if that's workable but it's
something I'd like to see.

I don't know why Americans in general think they have a right to butt in elsewhere. Perhaps it's
because we're a country of immigrants and maybe we still care about 'the old country.' Maybe we feel
_that_ way because of some of the things mentioned in the article below:

**** BEGIN QUOTE****

A TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES

This, from a Canadian newspaper, is worth sharing. Widespread but only partial news coverage was
given recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian
television commentator. What follows is the full text of his trenchant remarks as printed in the
Congressional Record:

America: The Good Neighbor.

"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the
least appreciated people on all the earth. Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy
were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave
other billions in debts. None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining
debts to the United States.

When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up, and their
reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that hurries in to help. This spring,
59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes. Nobody helped.

The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now
newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent, warmongering Americans.

I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States
dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing
Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all
the International lines except Russia fly American Planes?

Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the moon? You talk about
Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get
automobiles. You talk about American technocracy, and you find men on the moon -! not once, but
several times - and safely home again.

You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everybody to
look at. Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and
most of them, unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American dollars from ma and pa at
home to spend here.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans
who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned
them an old caboose. Both are still broke.

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble. Can you
name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was
outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake.

Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get
kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are
entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope
Canada is not one of those."

****END QUOTE****

I'll say it again -- America IS a great country. I love it, would never leave it and would fight to
the death to defend it. It's great because of the people and the principals behind the nation. I
don't agree with everything we, as a nation, do. If you don't like us that's just fine by me. If
you're from a country that allows you say in such matters then vote for someone who feels the same
way and is willing to do something about it. If not, well, sorry to hear that but you don't want our
help anyway.

"mp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Nice story, but you still haven't answered my question. Ever though about going into politics. You
> could probably do a better job than that joke you call a president.
>
> mp

Unfortunately we have an idiot called Tony Blur, so we are in the same boat as the yanks.

Mike