vegetarian diet

DZ wrote:

> mabby it's time someone shold aks agan just WHY you keep moticulating
> hte childrens!

Dmitri, wanna try that in Russian? I might understand it better.

(But probably not.)

> He's vegetarian - dance from there.

I guessed.

Delenn

Will Brink <[email protected]> wrote in news:WillBrink-
[email protected]:

>> Now don't try to tell me that man is evolved to eat soybeans. It
>> ain't so. Even grains are a relatively new addition to our diets.
>> No, we're meant to eat a variety of foods including red meat, fish,
>> fruits, nuts, vegetables. Feeding grain to people as a staple is a
>> bit assinine. Grain is herbivore food, and men are not herbivores.

> Damn right.

Right. That's not food, that's food food eats.

Hugh

--
Run like hell and let the clowns deal with the bull.

[email protected] wrote:
> people ,
> I am in a real dilemna , I am overwieght and need to lose weight but I
> love to do weights which means less cardio.. any suggestions? also I
> am a vegetarian and hence no meat or eggs for me , is there any
> combination other than supplements that will help me gain muscle mass?
> please advise.
>
> Arun
> India

Sure. Hunt down one of those millions of cows that eat up your countryside
and hit it with a blunt object right between the eyes. Then gut it out, cut
up some steaks and enjoy! mmmmmmmmmm
--
-Larry

In article <[email protected]>,
Hugh Beyer <[email protected]> wrote:

> Will Brink <[email protected]> wrote in news:WillBrink-
> [email protected]:
>
> >> Now don't try to tell me that man is evolved to eat soybeans. It
> >> ain't so. Even grains are a relatively new addition to our diets.
> >> No, we're meant to eat a variety of foods including red meat, fish,
> >> fruits, nuts, vegetables. Feeding grain to people as a staple is a
> >> bit assinine. Grain is herbivore food, and men are not herbivores.

> > Damn right.
> >

> Right. That's not food, that's food food eats.

chinese proverb: 'if its back faces heaven, it's food'

--
Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 10:00:06 -0500, Will Brink <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> Hugh Beyer <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Will Brink <[email protected]> wrote in news:WillBrink-
>> [email protected]:

>> > Damn right.
>> >

>> Right. That's not food, that's food food eats.

>chinese proverb: 'if its back faces heaven, it's food'

Mmmmmmmmmmm, kung pao cat.

"Larry Hodges" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> [email protected] wrote:
>> people ,
>> I am in a real dilemna , I am overwieght and need to lose weight but I
>> love to do weights which means less cardio.. any suggestions? also I
>> am a vegetarian and hence no meat or eggs for me , is there any
>> combination other than supplements that will help me gain muscle mass?
>> please advise.
>>
>> Arun
>> India

> Sure. Hunt down one of those millions of cows that eat up your
> countryside and hit it with a blunt object right between the eyes. Then
> gut it out, cut up some steaks and enjoy! mmmmmmmmmm

Damn, it was about time somebody weighed in with crass, culturally-
insensitive advice. Thanks for holding the MFW end up, Larry.

Hugh

--

Hugh Beyer wrote:
> "Larry Hodges" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> people ,
>>> I am in a real dilemna , I am overwieght and need to lose weight
>>> but I love to do weights which means less cardio.. any suggestions?
>>> also I am a vegetarian and hence no meat or eggs for me , is there
>>> any combination other than supplements that will help me gain
>>> muscle mass? please advise.
>>>
>>> Arun
>>> India

>> Sure. Hunt down one of those millions of cows that eat up your
>> countryside and hit it with a blunt object right between the eyes.
>> Then gut it out, cut up some steaks and enjoy! mmmmmmmmmm

> Damn, it was about time somebody weighed in with crass, culturally-
> insensitive advice. Thanks for holding the MFW end up, Larry.
>
> Hugh

My pleasure. Really.
--
-Larry

"Larry Hodges" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Hugh Beyer wrote:
>> "Larry Hodges" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:

>>> Sure. Hunt down one of those millions of cows that eat up your
>>> countryside and hit it with a blunt object right between the eyes.
>>> Then gut it out, cut up some steaks and enjoy! mmmmmmmmmm

>> Damn, it was about time somebody weighed in with crass, culturally-
>> insensitive advice. Thanks for holding the MFW end up, Larry.
>>
>> Hugh

> My pleasure. Really.

Actually, on mature consideration, I think D-thingy has you outclassed.
Responding to "Arun from India" with a post suggesting that he's probably
just another fashion-obsessed fastidious eater is way crasser and culturally
insensitive than anything you came up with.

Hugh

--

Hugh Beyer wrote:
> "Larry Hodges" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> Hugh Beyer wrote:
>>> "Larry Hodges" <[email protected]> wrote in
>>> news:[email protected]:

>>> Damn, it was about time somebody weighed in with crass, culturally-
>>> insensitive advice. Thanks for holding the MFW end up, Larry.
>>>
>>> Hugh

>> My pleasure. Really.

> Actually, on mature consideration, I think D-thingy has you
> outclassed. Responding to "Arun from India" with a post suggesting
> that he's probably just another fashion-obsessed fastidious eater is
> way crasser and culturally insensitive than anything you came up with.
>
> Hugh

Yeah. Having a chip on your shoulder and *****ing at everybody does score
points. Let me take another shot at it.

ehem....

Dear Indian grassmuncher,

You say you want more protein right? I realize all you dumb bastards over
there are afraid to eat Uncle Fred, who is now the cow that is shitting in
your back yard, but let's get real. Was Uncle Fred really that nice? Did
he buy you booze when you were under age so you could get drunk with your
buddies in your outhouse behind your corrugated tin shack that you call
home? Hell no! I say smack the sucker right between the eyes with a bat to
stun him, then cut his balls off. Then kill and eat him. Not only will you
get the protein that you seek, but give Uncle Fred some payback for being
the cheap ******* that he was. And, don't for get...his balls are eatable
too!

How's that Hugh?
--
-Larry

Hugh Beyer wrote:

> Actually, on mature consideration, I think D-thingy has you outclassed.
> Responding to "Arun from India" with a post suggesting that he's probably
> just another fashion-obsessed fastidious eater is way crasser and culturally
> insensitive than anything you came up with.

Yeah, because we're all so culturally sensitive here about people's
excuses for not taking care of their bodies.

My best friend, the picky vegan, has been sick with "the flu" for a
couple of weeks. (It's really a cold.) She's on antibiotics for it
now. (Yes, she's on antibiotics for a cold. No, I don't like her
doctor.) She's run down and can't get better and she's living on baked
potatoes "because she wants to get lots of vitamin C." (And when she's
not ill she lives on baked potatoes because they're convenient or
because Dr. MacDougall uses them in a lot of recipes or because that's
what she has in the house.) She's clearly, obviously malnourished while
surrounded by food she won't choose to eat.

Eating meat is a good way to get protein. It's true. If you can figure
out a way ethically to do it then you should do it because it's a good
way to fuel your body.

I can't tell unpleasant truths to the people I know in real life so I
come online to a place known for being Mean but Right. It's a relief to
be here.

Delenn

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 20:44:19 -0500, Delenn <[email protected]> wrote:

<snip>
>Eating meat is a good way to get protein. It's true. If you can figure
>out a way ethically to do it then you should do it because it's a good
>way to fuel your body.

oh, i don't think it's such a great way. i gave meat up last year
just because eating all those growth hormones and anti-biotics
didn't seem like a good idea. i get loads of protein via whey, eggs,
cheese, bread, tofu, milk etc... there's no need for meat.
plus i get plenty of fibre every day.

now i do agree that picky people can more easily take
up vegetarianism because it does make turning up
your nose more socially acceptable. when i first
read this theory, i thought "hey! that's me".

in defense, all i want to add is that like anything else,
the reasons are more complicated. not single
dimensional. maybe we could say that picky
people can become vegetarians, not vegetarians
were all picky people.
....thehick

frank-in-toronto wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 20:44:19 -0500, Delenn <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>Eating meat is a good way to get protein. It's true. If you can figure
>>out a way ethically to do it then you should do it because it's a good
>>way to fuel your body.

> oh, i don't think it's such a great way. i gave meat up last year
> just because eating all those growth hormones and anti-biotics
> didn't seem like a good idea. i get loads of protein via whey, eggs,
> cheese, bread, tofu, milk etc... there's no need for meat.
> plus i get plenty of fibre every day.

The OP doesn't eat eggs and didn't want to take whey supplements. I'm
unclear on his access to soy products. (Anyone know?)

> now i do agree that picky people can more easily take
> up vegetarianism because it does make turning up
> your nose more socially acceptable. when i first
> read this theory, i thought "hey! that's me".

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Seriously, I just advocate
for knowing yourself and being willing to change if what you're doing
isn't working for you.

> in defense, all i want to add is that like anything else,
> the reasons are more complicated. not single
> dimensional. maybe we could say that picky
> people can become vegetarians, not vegetarians
> were all picky people.

No disagreement there. However Donovan read it, I never maintained that
all vegetarians are mentally ill. :)

Delenn

Mmmm... better. Karma's a *****.

Hugh

--

Delenn <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> The OP doesn't eat eggs and didn't want to take whey supplements. I'm
> unclear on his access to soy products. (Anyone know?)

Actually, he didn't say anything about whey supplements. He posted his
question and then, if he knew what's good for him, ran like hell...

Hugh

--

Hugh Beyer wrote:

> Delenn <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>

>>The OP doesn't eat eggs and didn't want to take whey supplements. I'm
>>unclear on his access to soy products. (Anyone know?)
>>

> Actually, he didn't say anything about whey supplements. He posted his
> question and then, if he knew what's good for him, ran like hell...

The OP said, "is there any combination other than supplements that will
help me gain muscle mass?"

I took that to mean he didn't want to take supplements of any sort, whey
included.

You read it another way?

Delenn

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 21:07:34 -0500, frank-in-toronto
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 20:44:19 -0500, Delenn <[email protected]> wrote:
>
><snip>
>>Eating meat is a good way to get protein. It's true. If you can figure
>>out a way ethically to do it then you should do it because it's a good
>>way to fuel your body.

>oh, i don't think it's such a great way. i gave meat up last year
>just because eating all those growth hormones and anti-biotics
>didn't seem like a good idea. i get loads of protein via whey, eggs,
>cheese, bread, tofu, milk etc... there's no need for meat.
>plus i get plenty of fibre every day.

I guess you know they load the dairy cows up with hormones and
antibiotics, too. Plus, they use the stomach to make the cheese.

Don't know about the chickens. Chickens are kind of a disposable
item, so maybe they don't worry so much about giving them anitbiotics.

>now i do agree that picky people can more easily take
>up vegetarianism because it does make turning up
>your nose more socially acceptable. when i first
>read this theory, i thought "hey! that's me".
>
>in defense, all i want to add is that like anything else,
>the reasons are more complicated. not single
>dimensional. maybe we could say that picky
>people can become vegetarians, not vegetarians
>were all picky people.
>...thehick

-----------
Proton Soup

"Thanks for noticing that I didn't actually say anything." - Mike Lane

Delenn wrote:
> Hugh Beyer wrote:
>
>> Actually, on mature consideration, I think D-thingy has you
>> outclassed. Responding to "Arun from India" with a post suggesting
>> that he's probably just another fashion-obsessed fastidious eater is
>> way crasser and culturally insensitive than anything you came up
>> with.

> Yeah, because we're all so culturally sensitive here about people's
> excuses for not taking care of their bodies.
>
> My best friend, the picky vegan, has been sick with "the flu" for a
> couple of weeks. (It's really a cold.) She's on antibiotics for it
> now. (Yes, she's on antibiotics for a cold. No, I don't like her
> doctor.) She's run down and can't get better and she's living on
> baked potatoes "because she wants to get lots of vitamin C." (And
> when she's not ill she lives on baked potatoes because they're
> convenient or because Dr. MacDougall uses them in a lot of recipes or
> because that's what she has in the house.) She's clearly, obviously
> malnourished while surrounded by food she won't choose to eat.
>
> Eating meat is a good way to get protein. It's true. If you can
> figure out a way ethically to do it then you should do it because
> it's a good way to fuel your body.
>
> I can't tell unpleasant truths to the people I know in real life so I
> come online to a place known for being Mean but Right. It's a relief
> to be here.
>
> Delenn

Well, I'm not a vegetarian. And I love to hunt and kill things like deer
and elk. But I don't eat much red meat. I'll have it maybe once a
month...maybe less. I choose to not eat it because I like the
alternatives...turkey, chicken, fish and whey protein. I do this because I
seem to operate and feel better.
--
-Larry

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 20:44:19 -0500, Delenn <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hugh Beyer wrote:
>
>> Actually, on mature consideration, I think D-thingy has you outclassed.
>> Responding to "Arun from India" with a post suggesting that he's probably
>> just another fashion-obsessed fastidious eater is way crasser and culturally
>> insensitive than anything you came up with.

>Yeah, because we're all so culturally sensitive here about people's
>excuses for not taking care of their bodies.
>
>My best friend, the picky vegan, has been sick with "the flu" for a
>couple of weeks. (It's really a cold.) She's on antibiotics for it
>now. (Yes, she's on antibiotics for a cold. No, I don't like her
>doctor.) She's run down and can't get better and she's living on baked
>potatoes "because she wants to get lots of vitamin C." (And when she's
>not ill she lives on baked potatoes because they're convenient or
>because Dr. MacDougall uses them in a lot of recipes or because that's
>what she has in the house.) She's clearly, obviously malnourished while
>surrounded by food she won't choose to eat.
>
>Eating meat is a good way to get protein. It's true. If you can figure
>out a way ethically to do it then you should do it because it's a good
>way to fuel your body.
>
>I can't tell unpleasant truths to the people I know in real life so I
>come online to a place known for being Mean but Right. It's a relief to
>be here.

Good tale Wendy, which you should be able to relate in real life just
as well as you do in the 'roughhouse' that is MFW!!

You are subdued dear lady, which is most unfortunate, given that it
indicates the ******** Buck has achieved what he set out to do!! ;o(

Never let the 'bastards' get you down Wendy, it can be tough going
sometimes, but it's worth it to see them show themselves in their true
colours, as they wriggle, ***** and whine!! ;o)