Victoria's McDonalds Hamburgers Questions / Policy

Brock Bailey

Guest
Question : I was woundering if the 24 hour drive through after hours ..can I be served with my
moutain bike as its classed as motor vehical under BC Government Motor Vehical Act.So can someone
tell he how they feel about the policy...

(2) I also have a friend who is handicapped and can use the drive through but they will not let him
but he can't open the front doors to the local mc donals ( pandora Street location) as its not
got automated doors and he feels that hes getting discriminated because of his disabity and he
has MS and gets tired farly fast so he needs to use his eletric scooter ...

Thanks

Brock R Bailey Victoria BC Canada

[email protected]

"Brock Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote: "B> Question : I was woundering if the 24 hour drive
through after hours ..can "B> be served with my moutain bike as its classed as motor vehical under
BC "B> Government Motor Vehical Act.So can someone tell he how they feel about th "B> policy... "B>
"B> (2) I also have a friend who is handicapped and can use the drive through "B> but they will not
let him but he can't open the front doors to the local m "B> donals ( pandora Street location) as
its not got automated doors and he "B> feels that hes getting discriminated because of his disabity
and he has MS "B> and gets tired farly fast so he needs to use his eletric scooter ...

McDonalds' only issue in denying access to bikes, pedestrians, et al in the drive-through line is
likely one of fear of liability if said non-automobile gets squashed while in the drive-thru lane!

I've WALKED through drive-thrus before, including at Victoria & Kingsway, and if you get the right
person, they won't shiv a git & will just ring your order (especially if no managers around! (works
best at a 24-hour drive-thru, late-night!)

Your friend,

<+]::-{(} ("Cyberpope," the Bishop of ROM!) Ask me how to connect with me in any of 5 Instant
Messengers

(Please quote with "gapope wrote...") -=- In essentials, unity; In non-essentials, liberty;
in all things, charity. -- Baxter quoting Augustine -=-

--
. from gapope(at)vcn(dot)bc(dot)ca << Official Reply Address for Usenet Post .

Any drive thru can reserve the right not to serve you if you are not in a car because it's a safety
issue.If you get hit by a car in their drive thru then they are resposible for it.Some places let it
go while others while others don't.It's up to the management.

Brock Bailey <[email protected]> wrote in message news:pGQIb.890439$6C4.708810@pd7tw1no...
> Question : I was woundering if the 24 hour drive through after hours ..can
> be served with my moutain bike as its classed as motor vehical under BC Government Motor Vehical
> Act.So can someone tell he how they feel about
the
> policy...
>
> (2) I also have a friend who is handicapped and can use the drive through but they will not let
> him but he can't open the front doors to the local
mc
> donals ( pandora Street location) as its not got automated doors and he feels that hes getting
> discriminated because of his disabity and he has MS and gets tired farly fast so he needs to use
> his eletric scooter ...
>
> Thanks
>
> Brock R Bailey Victoria BC Canada
>
> [email protected]

They sevred me !!! lol

But I have a Angel baby face smile :p

Brock Bailey wrote:
> Question : I was woundering if the 24 hour drive through after hours ..can I be served with my
> moutain bike as its classed as motor vehical under BC Government Motor Vehical Act.So can someone
> tell he how they feel about the policy...
>
> (2) I also have a friend who is handicapped and can use the drive through but they will not let
> him but he can't open the front doors to the local mc donals ( pandora Street location) as its
> not got automated doors and he feels that hes getting discriminated because of his disabity
> and he has MS and gets tired farly fast so he needs to use his eletric scooter ...
>
> Thanks
>
> Brock R Bailey Victoria BC Canada
>
> [email protected]

You say the Pandora one..I will make a call.

But what he should do is go to the window drive threw and ask them to open the doors do it enough
times they will think of watching they're doors better.

Brock Bailey wrote:

> Question : I was woundering if the 24 hour drive through after hours ..can I be served with my
> moutain bike as its classed as motor vehical under BC Government Motor Vehical Act.So can someone
> tell he how they feel about the policy...
>
> (2) I also have a friend who is handicapped and can use the drive through but they will not let
> him but he can't open the front doors to the local mc donals ( pandora Street location) as its
> not got automated doors and he feels that hes getting discriminated because of his disabity
> and he has MS and gets tired farly fast so he needs to use his eletric scooter ...
>
> Thanks
>
> Brock R Bailey Victoria BC Canada
>
> [email protected]

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 08:15:43 GMT, "Brock Bailey" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I was woundering if the 24 hour drive through after hours ..can I be served with my moutain bike as
>its classed as motor vehical under BC Government Motor Vehical Act.

Motor vehicle, hm? Does the goverment say what type of motor a mountain bike uses?
Very weird.

Cheers, Ken (NY) Chairman, Department Of Redundancy Department
___________________________________
email: http://www.geocities.com/bluesguy68/email.htm

"Ah yes, we must mollify angry fanatics who seek our destruction because otherwise .. they might get
mad and seek our destruction."
- Ann Coulter 9/26/2002

Q: What the hardest thing about rollerblading?
R: Telling your parents you’re gay.

spammers can send mail to [email protected]

In article <PGQIb.890439$6C4.708810@pd7tw1no>,
"Brock Bailey" <[email protected]> writes:
> Question : I was woundering if the 24 hour drive through after hours ..can I be served with my
> moutain bike as its classed as motor vehical under BC Government Motor Vehical Act.So can someone
> tell he how they feel about the policy...

Actually, under the BC Motor Vehicle Act (RSBC 1996), a bicycle is not a vehicle, but cyclists have
basically the same rights & duties as drivers of vehicles (with some bike-specific exceptions). I
believe the Cycling BC web site as well as ICBC's Bike Sense pamphlet quotes the relevant section of
the MVA. Anyhow, there's nothing in the MVA to compel businesses to either permit or prohibit bikes
in drive-thru facilities.

> (2) I also have a friend who is handicapped and can use the drive through but they will not
> let him

Is that because he's riding his electric scooter instead of driving a car?

> but he can't open the front doors to the local mc donals ( pandora Street location) as its not got
> automated doors and he feels that hes getting discriminated because of his disabity and he has MS
> and gets tired farly fast so he needs to use his eletric scooter ...

I believe there may be some links to handicapped/mobility- challenged advocacy groups listed on the
Vancouver CommunityNet home page -- www.vcn.bc.ca Maybe it would help to get in touch with one or
several of those advocacy groups, and explain the problem. Chances are they'll have enough clout to
persuade MacDonald's to make their "restaurants" more accessible, province-wide. I'm surprised
MacD's hasn't done so already (and crowed in their ads about how thoughtful & considerate they are).
If they don't have wheelchair-accessible restrooms, that might be another item to mention.

cheers, Tom