Victoria's McDonalds Hamburgers Questions / Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 15:15:04 -0600, Kevan Smith
<[email protected]> wrote:
>Why do you want to go to McDonalds in the first place? Gag a maggot, that **** is horible!

Brace yourself: I agree with you wholeheartedly, Kevan. Wow, wasn't that weird? ;)
--
Rick Onanian

They oouuzzzz ... i had one ozzz out all over my shifter.

Brian Huntley wrote:
> "Doug Purdy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>They're trying to help you. Did you ever try to eat a Big Mac, fries and a milkshake while riding?
>>In rush hour traffic on fast bumpy downhills? Some driver cuts you off just as you're cresting a
>>big one and you squeeze the burger too hard and the patties go zinging out. The milkshake goes
>>upside down and pours all over your drive train and shoes.
>
>
> Ha - gotcha! McD's shakes do NOT pour.

I believe the reason they don't let people walk through drive throughs is
because its much easier for a guy standing to try to jump through the window
and rob the place whereas in a car it would be a bit more difficult.
"Brock Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:pGQIb.890439$6C4.708810@pd7tw1no...
> Question : I was woundering if the 24 hour drive through after hours ..can
I
> be served with my moutain bike as its classed as motor vehical under BC Government Motor Vehical
> Act.So can someone tell he how they feel about
the
> policy...
>
> (2) I also have a friend who is handicapped and can use the drive through but they will not let
> him but he can't open the front doors to the local
mc
> donals ( pandora Street location) as its not got automated doors and he feels that hes getting
> discriminated because of his disabity and he has MS and gets tired farly fast so he needs to use
> his eletric scooter ...
>
> Thanks
>
> Brock R Bailey Victoria BC Canada
>
> [email protected]

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 07:15:09 GMT, "The Bathtub Admiral"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I believe the reason they don't let people walk through drive throughs is because its much easier
>for a guy standing to try to jump through the window and rob the place whereas in a car it would be
>a bit more difficult.

Not least because the dangerous subversives with their fitness enhancing transport might actually be
agile enough to do that ;-)

Guy
===
May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

WHHHAAAAAAAAT ?? lol GIGGLES..

The Bathtub Admiral wrote:
> I believe the reason they don't let people walk through drive throughs is because its much easier
> for a guy standing to try to jump through the window and rob the place whereas in a car it would
> be a bit more difficult. "Brock Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:pGQIb.890439$6C4.708810@pd7tw1no...
>
>>Question : I was woundering if the 24 hour drive through after hours ..can
>
> I
>
>>be served with my moutain bike as its classed as motor vehical under BC Government Motor Vehical
>>Act.So can someone tell he how they feel about
>
> the
>
>>policy...
>>
>>(2) I also have a friend who is handicapped and can use the drive through but they will not let
>> him but he can't open the front doors to the local
>
> mc
>
>>donals ( pandora Street location) as its not got automated doors and he feels that hes getting
>>discriminated because of his disabity and he has MS and gets tired farly fast so he needs to use
>>his eletric scooter ...
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Brock R Bailey Victoria BC Canada
>>
>>[email protected]
>>
>>
>>
>

Kevan Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
: I haven't gone back to a drive through since. I do go in to buy their Frosties, though. Nice milk
: shake, that.

see, you need a white castle. it's a great place, the burgers are vegetarian but the shakes aren't.

... or something like that. often the employees are asleep and won't notice that you're not
actually in a car.

you're in the south, krystal is shockingly similiar (at first glance) to the castle. i have never
eaten there, tho. here.. buy a franchise.

http://foodfranchise.com/Krystal.htm
--
david reuteler [email protected]

"The Bathtub Admiral" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1_tJb.65230$6b2.894@edtnps84...
> I believe the reason they don't let people walk through drive throughs is because its much easier
> for a guy standing to try to jump through the
window
> and rob the place whereas in a car it would be a bit more difficult.

Actually, the time my friend (who was a manager) got ripped off, they waited until the place was
closed and as he was walking out with the cash bag, they pulled up in a car, pointed a gun at him
and told him to give them the money. He just said "sure, here ya go".

They got away much faster in a car than on foot.

Ummmmmm ... what would keep them from walking in and jumping over the counter instead of squeezing
through a little window?

C.Q.C.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Q." <LostVideos-AT-hotmail.com> writes:

> Ummmmmm ... what would keep them from walking in and jumping over the counter instead of squeezing
> through a little window?

Some places partially close at night by locking the doors, but still doing drive-thru service.
/That's/ the main complaint by cyclists (who may be coming off a late shift and feeling peckish)
about being turned away from the drive-thru window. The food may be lousy, but it may be all there
is around, that late at night. Maybe some day a cyclist will sue because he couldn't get his/her
McFlurry, and bonked.

cheers, Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD Above address is just a spam midden. I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn
[point] bc [point] ca

In article <[email protected]>,
"Matt O'Toole" <[email protected]> writes:

> Almost anywhere there are 24h fast food joints, there are 24h supermarkets. And nowadays almost
> all of those have deli counters. If not, supermarkets still have plenty of ready-to-eat options
> that beat the hell out of fast food for nutrition, taste, and price.

Dang, now you've got me inspired to compile a deli platter -- something I haven't done for awhile.
Cervelat, vegetable thins, olives -- yum.

> Also, anyone living in Victoria, BC, and patronizing a McDonalds, deserves whatever suffering they
> get. Victoria is overflowing with wonderful food, even late at night.

Those are all good points. But there are some folks out there who actually like, and prefer McD's.
I'm not gonna put them down for it. Love the sinner; hate the sin ;-)

cheers, Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD Above address is just a spam midden. I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn
[point] bc [point] ca

"Brian Huntley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Doug Purdy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> > They're trying to help you. Did you ever try to eat a Big Mac, fries and a milkshake while
> > riding? In rush hour traffic on
fast
> > bumpy downhills? Some driver cuts you off just as you're
cresting
> > a big one and you squeeze the burger too hard and the patties
go
> > zinging out. The milkshake goes upside down and pours all over your drive train and shoes.
>
> Ha - gotcha! McD's shakes do NOT pour.

Hi Brian,

Like Shadowman said, they ouze. And because McDs has gone all enviro friendly they only have paper
bags, so even if you leave it in the bag, it ouzes, falls over, the bag falls apart... I have to
bring a plastic shopping bag and tape the stuff in place. But I'm usually at McDs because my plans
didn't work out so I'm usually bag and tape less.

Have a great new year!

Dougless For email, a sense of wonder.

Tom Keats wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, "Q." <LostVideos-AT-hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> Ummmmmm ... what would keep them from walking in and jumping over the counter instead of
>> squeezing through a little window?
>
> Some places partially close at night by locking the doors, but still doing drive-thru service.
> /That's/ the main complaint by cyclists (who may be coming off a late shift and feeling peckish)
> about being turned away from the drive-thru window. The food may be lousy, but it may be all there
> is around, that late at night. Maybe some day a cyclist will sue because he couldn't get
> his/her McFlurry, and bonked.

Almost anywhere there are 24h fast food joints, there are 24h supermarkets. And nowadays almost all
of those have deli counters. If not, supermarkets still have plenty of ready-to-eat options that
beat the hell out of fast food for nutrition, taste, and price.

Also, anyone living in Victoria, BC, and patronizing a McDonalds, deserves whatever suffering they
get. Victoria is overflowing with wonderful food, even late at night.

Matt O.

"Brock Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:pGQIb.890439$6C4.708810@pd7tw1no...
> Question : I was woundering if the 24 hour drive through after hours ..can
I
> be served with my moutain bike as its classed as motor vehical under BC Government Motor Vehical
> Act.So can someone tell he how they feel about
the
> policy...
>
> (2) I also have a friend who is handicapped and can use the drive through but they will not let
> him but he can't open the front doors to the local
mc
> donals ( pandora Street location) as its not got automated doors and he feels that hes getting
> discriminated because of his disabity and he has MS and gets tired farly fast so he needs to use
> his eletric scooter ...
>
> Thanks
>
> Brock R Bailey Victoria BC Canada
>
> [email protected]

Most beaurocrats would expect a properly spelled form before they would respond. "Moutain",
"vehical" "farly" eletric" and so on suggest that you are a boor.

Z

In rec.bicycles.misc Brock Bailey <[email protected]> wrote:
> Question : I was woundering if the 24 hour drive through after hours ..can I be served with my
> moutain bike as its classed as motor vehical under BC Government Motor Vehical Act.

It's classed as a motor vehicle? How is that?

Art Harris

zolota wrote:
> "Brock Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:pGQIb.890439$6C4.708810@pd7tw1no...
>> Question : I was woundering if the 24 hour drive through after hours ..can I be served with my
>> moutain bike as its classed as motor vehical under BC Government Motor Vehical Act.So can someone
>> tell he how they feel about the policy...
>>
>> (2) I also have a friend who is handicapped and can use the drive through but they will not let
>> him but he can't open the front doors to the local mc donals ( pandora Street location) as
>> its not got automated doors and he feels that hes getting discriminated because of his
>> disabity and he has MS and gets tired farly fast so he needs to use his eletric scooter ...
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Brock R Bailey Victoria BC Canada
>>
>> [email protected]
>
> Most beaurocrats would expect a properly spelled form before they would respond. "Moutain",
> "vehical" "farly" eletric" and so on suggest that you are a boor.
>
> Z

Your spelling of " bureaucrats" would suggest the same for you.

x

> Any drive thru can reserve the right not to serve you if you are not in a car because it's a
> safety issue.If you get hit by a car in their drive thru then they are resposible for it.Some
> places let it go while others while others don't.It's up to the management.

When they wouldn't serve me alone (on bike), I got some friends and we drove in formation to look
more like a car. They still didn't like that, so next time I'm coming back with an air horn and some
device to spews filthy black smoke.

Good call.......

"jpj1075" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> zolota wrote:
> > "Brock Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:pGQIb.890439$6C4.708810@pd7tw1no...
> >> Question : I was woundering if the 24 hour drive through after hours ..can I be served with my
> >> moutain bike as its classed as motor vehical under BC Government Motor Vehical Act.So can
> >> someone tell he how they feel about the policy...
> >>
> >> (2) I also have a friend who is handicapped and can use the drive through but they will not let
> >> him but he can't open the front doors to the local mc donals ( pandora Street location) as
> >> its not got automated doors and he feels that hes getting discriminated because of his
> >> disabity and he has MS and gets tired farly fast so he needs to use his eletric scooter ...
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Brock R Bailey Victoria BC Canada
> >>
> >> [email protected]
> >
> > Most beaurocrats would expect a properly spelled form before they would respond. "Moutain",
> > "vehical" "farly" eletric" and so on suggest that you are a boor.
> >
> > Z
>
> Your spelling of " bureaucrats" would suggest the same for you.
>
> x

I have heard that the Pandora Street McDonald's has been a problem for cyclists for years. Many
cyclists in Victoria won't go there due to their stupid policy about not allowing bikes in the drive
through. Many other drive throughs don't have a problem. Any business can decide who gets to use
their drive through and who can't, as long as they aren't violating human rights.

The most powerful weapon that cyclists have at our disposal is the mighty dollar. By choosing where
we spend our dollars and where we won't, we are influencing businesses. I would phone the McDonald's
and talk to the manager and let him know that if they don't change their policy, you will no longer
be going there and you will encourage others to do the same thing. It wouldn't take much for that
McDonald's to lose thousands of dollars in lost business if a boycott was started. As the cycle
commuting rate in Victoria is approximately 8%, they are basically telling 8% of their potential
customers that they are unwelcome.

I certainly won't be going to that McDonalds when I am in Victoria.

Colin "Jem Berkes" <[email protected]__org> wrote in message
> > Any drive thru can reserve the right not to serve you if you are
not
> > in a car because it's a safety issue.If you get hit by a car in
their
> > drive thru then they are resposible for it.Some places let it go
while
> > others while others don't.It's up to the management.
>
> When they wouldn't serve me alone (on bike), I got some friends and
we
> drove in formation to look more like a car. They still didn't like
that, so
> next time I'm coming back with an air horn and some device to spews
filthy
> black smoke.

"jpj1075" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> zolota wrote:
> > "Brock Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:pGQIb.890439$6C4.708810@pd7tw1no...
> >> Question : I was woundering if the 24 hour drive through after hours ..can I be served with my
> >> moutain bike as its classed as motor vehical under BC Government Motor Vehical Act.So can
> >> someone tell he how they feel about the policy...
> >>
> >> (2) I also have a friend who is handicapped and can use the drive through but they will not let
> >> him but he can't open the front doors to the local mc donals ( pandora Street location) as
> >> its not got automated doors and he feels that hes getting discriminated because of his
> >> disabity and he has MS and gets tired farly fast so he needs to use his eletric scooter ...
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Brock R Bailey Victoria BC Canada
> >>
> >> [email protected]
> >
> > Most beaurocrats would expect a properly spelled form before they would respond. "Moutain",
> > "vehical" "farly" eletric" and so on suggest that you are a boor.
> >
> > Z
>
> Your spelling of " bureaucrats" would suggest the same for you.
>
much lower frequency and the error was in a less used word. vehical indeed!

Drive thrus are designed for cars.It's called a drive thru not a ride thru.

Colin B. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:ZX5Lb.186753$ss5.39954@clgrps13...
> I have heard that the Pandora Street McDonald's has been a problem for cyclists for years. Many
> cyclists in Victoria won't go there due to their stupid policy about not allowing bikes in the
> drive through. Many other drive throughs don't have a problem. Any business can decide who gets to
> use their drive through and who can't, as long as they aren't violating human rights.
>
> The most powerful weapon that cyclists have at our disposal is the mighty dollar. By choosing
> where we spend our dollars and where we won't, we are influencing businesses. I would phone the
> McDonald's and talk to the manager and let him know that if they don't change their policy, you
> will no longer be going there and you will encourage others to do the same thing. It wouldn't take
> much for that McDonald's to lose thousands of dollars in lost business if a boycott was started.
> As the cycle commuting rate in Victoria is approximately 8%, they are basically telling 8% of
> their potential customers that they are unwelcome.
>
> I certainly won't be going to that McDonalds when I am in Victoria.
>
>
> Colin "Jem Berkes" <[email protected]__org> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > > Any drive thru can reserve the right not to serve you if you are
> not
> > > in a car because it's a safety issue.If you get hit by a car in
> their
> > > drive thru then they are resposible for it.Some places let it go
> while
> > > others while others don't.It's up to the management.
> >
> > When they wouldn't serve me alone (on bike), I got some friends and
> we
> > drove in formation to look more like a car. They still didn't like
> that, so
> > next time I'm coming back with an air horn and some device to spews
> filthy
> > black smoke.

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 08:15:43 GMT, "Brock Bailey" <[email protected]>
excreted:

>Question : I was woundering if the 24 hour drive through after hours ..can I be served with my
>moutain bike as its classed as motor vehical under BC Government Motor Vehical Act.

Again, if your mountain bike is a motor vehicle, do you have to put license plates on
it? Is it registered and is it inspected by motor vehicle inspectors? I think we have a
troll here...

Cordially, Ken (NY) Chairman, Department Of Redundancy Department

Tug McGraw: when asked what he would do with his World Series bonus money, he replied, " I'm gonna
spend 80% on booze and women and the rest I'm gonna waste."

Q: What the hardest thing about rollerblading?
R: Telling your parents you’re gay.

spammers can send mail to [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.