What brand of bike do you ride?

tyboy

Apr 15, 2007
What brand of bike do you ride and how would you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10.

Fuji an 8

Giant 7 My son has apparently decided to take it over so I'm looking at a Gary Fisher or Cannondale.

"Modern" Road Bike: 2003 Raleigh Competition. Rating: 9.9. This is my day to day ride.

Project Bike: early Univega, John Lawee designed triple butted Chromoly Frame completely fitted out with late 1990's Shimano 600 EX components (later became Ultegra). Rating: 8. A little too small for me but perfect for my girlfreind.

Retro Bike: Old Raleigh steel frame with early 80's Dura-Ace gruppo, which also includes the Shimano Crane Rear Derailer, clamp on cable guides and clamp on Dura-Ace shift levers. The Dura-Ace Hubs are a work of art. They don't make them like this no more. Rating: exceeds 10, this is my baby.

Mountain Bike: 2002 Mongoose SX 2.0. Rating: 10 It is perfect for the little off road riding that I do.

Favorite Bike: 1984 Raliegh Supercourse, Blue with Black Lugs, completely fitted out with Shimano 500 EX components (which later became Shimano 105). This bike is one that I raced in my younger days in local competitions with an LBS sponser. They owned the bike and when I was transfered, they sold the bike to someone else. Just two years ago I came across it on eBay, matched up the serial number, and got it. Bid $1000 on it and got it for $150. Since then, I have restored it to its former splendor but I'm almost afraid to ride it. Rating: priceless to me.

Road bike: Cannondale CAAD 5 frame and fork,USA edition from 2002. Shimano 105 9speed double crank front deraileur and brifters, older XTR mid cage rear derailleur so that I can run a larger cog on the back. rating - 9

1999 Schwinn Mesa set up as a comfort bike with Tioga city slickers on it. Beat around and foul weather bike. rating - 7

Schwinn Rocket full susp. Hayes disks, Marzocchi MXR fork. Haven't used it enough yet to give it an honest rating, but I like it so far.

Special projects: was given 2 identical mid '70s Peugeot PX 10's that happened to fit my daughters pretty well. Passed the simplex stuff off to a collector friend, and switched the bikes over to 8 -speed Shimano indexing with Ultegra bar ends. Kept the Stronglight cranks, switched to 700C wheels with new forks to match up with standard headset sizing instead of oddball French stuff. Now have a couple of Reynolds steel bikes that you can actually ride and enjoy. (sorry to all of the retro grouches out there, but as far as I'm concerned, indexing was the best thing that happened to bicycles since the invention of the derailleur). Rating - unratable

" Modern " Bike: De Rosa Planet (2003, I believe) - 9 for performance, 7 for comfort

" Vintage " Bike: De Rosa Professional (1994, IIRC) - 10

Moots. 10 I guess. It does what I want it to. No.....make that 9.8: it's not black.

You're gonna laugh but I ride a Cadillac.
b_rle18_l.jpg

But since it was FREE, I'd give it a 10 all day long. (and believe me I've heard all the "Where's the On-Star Button" Jokes!)

drakonis08 said:
Giant TCR C1-10
2001 Trek 5200 Frame
ITM Millennium Bars and Stem
San Marco SKN Saddle
Dura Ace Seat Post
Full Ultegra
American Classic CR420 wheels.

May not be the prettiest bike in the world, but handles fantastically, rides great and gets me across the line. 10/10 :D

jamis dakar xlt 1.0 build; i'd give it about a 6.5-7, with a nashbar cc bike being a 1 and a nomad being a 10.

A 1985 Trek 760. And I really don't know, I have not ridden much else to date. It's a cro-moly frame which I hear makes for a good ride. My last bike was a Schwinn LeTour, and the trek rides like a dream compared to that, about 1/2 as heavy.

I would rate it an 8, but if i rode some of your newer bikes, it would probably drop a bit.