Favourite Brand of Bike, Groupset and Cycling Team!

Little Lance

Apr 3, 2006
:) :) Hi,

In your opinion what is your fav brand of bike, groupset and Cycling Team.
Need heaps of replies for my school project.
WHICH IS ABOUT CYCLISTS!
My teacher would be happy because she loves sport.

Thanks.
Proudy.

Ride Like You've Never Riden Before!

Favorite bike brand... If forced to choose, I would say Giant because of their bikes giving good value for the dollars spent.

I am actually pretty flexible, I currently own a 2003 Giant, a 1979 Schwinn, a 1989 Cannondale and a 1990ish Centurion. Listed in order purchased... The only one of those I bought new was the Giant.

Favorite groupset... No opinion, other than I have experience with Shimano and vintage Suntour (mostly good in both cases). However, based on what I read around here, if I were to buy a new road group, I would probably look at the Shimano Tiagra or 105 lines based on value per dollar spent... Although the Campagnolo Ergo shifters (and of course the reputation of the product line) have me curious about their line of products as well.

Favorite Team... Discovery Channel. I always tend to be a "home team" guy. Whether it is in baseball or cycling... or other.

One point. You may want to classify responses between mountain and road, as the team, brand and groupsets differ between the two. I am a road guy.

Favorite brand, no question that is Trek. Groupset is Shimano, and cycling team is Discovery Channel. I totally agree with the above, I vote for the home team as well;)

My favourite brand is Cannondale (although I own a LeMond...which I love), my favourite groupset is Shimano (105 due to value aspect) and team is Team Discovery Channel......and since you didn't ask...my favourite rider is Tom Boonen.

Cheers,

Brian

Little Lance said:
:) :) Hi,

In your opinion what is your fav brand of bike, groupset and Cycling Team.
Need heaps of replies for my school project.
WHICH IS ABOUT CYCLISTS!
My teacher would be happy because she loves sport.

Thanks.
Proudy.

Ride Like You've Never Riden Before!

I personally ride an Italian Moser M76 - 05 model. Great bike. Ultegra 10 is the drive train. My favorite Pro Teams are: Discovery Channel (of course), Quick Step and Phonak

Keith

Bianchis are definitely my favorite type of bike. They've got passion
biggrin.gif

Campagnolo Chorus is a pretty awesome groupset.
And the T-Mobile cycling team is great as well.

Favorite bike brand: Moots
Favorite grouppo: Campagnolo Record 10
Favorite cycling team: Quickstep

Favorite bike brand: Felt
Favorite group: Shimano
Favorite cycling team: Discovery Channel

Felt
Shimano
Team? Any member of Tri-WA... :D
Favourite bike shop, Runner's World.

Favorite brand - Colnago

Favorite groupset - Dura Ace

Favorite team - CSC

Brand: Giant, Avanti, Bianchi
Team: T-Mobile
Groupset: Tiagra/105 for value and long term performance
Rider: Jan Ullrich, Tom Boonen, David McPartland

Bike: Specialized S-Works, Tarmac (and Tarmac SL) or Roubaix. Not fussy really (now all I need is £5000).

Groupset: Ultegra/105. Dura-Ace is just silly whilst these two component groups offer excellent shifting for more affordable (especially 105) prices.
Pro Team: Not really sure. Any with a British rider on!

Bike- Giant OCR full Carbon- Relaxed riding position equals very comfortable.
Groupset- Shimano Ultegra
Team- Discovery, or newly formed Toyota United. Glad to see another major American Pro team.