What ever happened to????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Tom, I can't argue with your irrefutable logic here but I can offer a little word of wisdom.

SPELLING. Jeff spells his name CowEn. Trust me, I didn't mean to throw you a curve. :)

I'm still sure I saw a post from him and I don't think I was dreaming.

Lewis. Various bicycles.

Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Lewis Campbell wrote:
> >
> > Jeff Cowan posted here within the past couple of weeks.
> >
> > I remember seeing his post and realizing that he was a 'voice from the past' but I can't
> > remember the topic he was contributing to.
>
> His post was not picked up by either Google or news.cis.dfn.de. The most recent Usenet post by
> "BlueBiker" on Google was dated Oct. 27, 2002 and the most recent to a.r.b.r. was dated Aug.
> 10, 2001.
>
> Tom Sherman - Various HPV's Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

In article <[email protected]>, harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com says...
> Freewheeling is doing a post doc on the metaphysics of calculating chain link counts.Now that he's
> finished rowing across his livingroom he's cleaning the cobwebs off the V-REX. Cletus is low
> flying around Texas. Tom Sherman finished grad school, got a job and and is investing in
> esoterically beautiful collectors quality bents from defunct builders, and still teaches us
> miscreants the correct way to spell rans, oops, RANS.

I think that just about sums up many of the regulars from '99.

> Was Brian the guy that the AirForce shipped off to Korea with his Niels Palm Wind? Anyone know
> what he's been up to?

I think you have confused Brian with John Harper. John is back from Korea and Has posted within the
last few months.

Brian was the acerbic A$$hole that could manage to tick off the whole NG with every post.

Others that I have had the pleasure of meeting in person are Ken Kobayashi, Scott Talkington
(Freewheeling), Pete Huber, Bill Anton (Now Father Bill) On a future tour, I hope to meet
Torben Scheel.

--
Cletus D. Lee Bacchetta Giro Lightning Voyager http://www.clee.org
- Bellaire, TX USA -

Lewis Campbell wrote:
>
> Well, Tom, I can't argue with your irrefutable logic here but I can offer a little word of wisdom.
>
> SPELLING. Jeff spells his name CowEn. Trust me, I didn't mean to throw you a curve. :)
>
> I'm still sure I saw a post from him and I don't think I was dreaming.
>
> Lewis. Various bicycles.

Lewis,

A Google search for "Jeff Cowen" reveals no posts more recent that the date I provided before.

Maybe your news server somehow time warped an old posting so it appeared as a new one?

Tom Sherman - Various HPV's Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

Ahh yes, Brian the I went 68 on my mtb and now I'll impress the junior high school girls in the mall
parking lot...that Brian??? "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, harv*no_spam*@spininternet.com says...
> > Freewheeling is doing a post doc on the metaphysics of calculating chain link counts.Now that
> > he's finished rowing across his livingroom he's cleaning the cobwebs off the V-REX. Cletus is
> > low flying around Texas.
Tom
> > Sherman finished grad school, got a job and and is investing in
esoterically
> > beautiful collectors quality bents from defunct builders, and still
teaches
> > us miscreants the correct way to spell rans, oops, RANS.
>
>
> I think that just about sums up many of the regulars from '99.
>
> > Was Brian the guy that the AirForce shipped off to Korea with his Niels
Palm
> > Wind? Anyone know what he's been up to?
>
> I think you have confused Brian with John Harper. John is back from Korea and Has posted within
> the last few months.
>
> Brian was the acerbic A$$hole that could manage to tick off the whole NG with every post.
>
> Others that I have had the pleasure of meeting in person are Ken Kobayashi, Scott Talkington
> (Freewheeling), Pete Huber, Bill Anton (Now Father Bill) On a future tour, I hope to meet
> Torben Scheel.
>
> --
> Cletus D. Lee Bacchetta Giro Lightning Voyager http://www.clee.org
> - Bellaire, TX USA -

[email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Beth, Jeff Cowan, Bob Cardone, Cajun Girl,Melanie, That Guy in Florida

Not to mention Joe "Recumbo" Keenan. Seems like it has been over a year since he checked in. I hope
a "soccer mom" didn't get him.

Jerry

Yup, Jeff is a CowEn, not Cowan. The infamous BlueBiker is still biking around the Boston area and
also motorbiking on his new toy, named BlueZuki.

But I couldn't find any posts by him via Google after last October.

C.C.,Rider

> From: [email protected] (Lewis Campbell) Organization: http://groups.google.com/ Newsgroups:
> alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent Date: 18 May 2003 09:10:43 -0700 Subject: Re: What ever happened to????
>
> Well, Tom, I can't argue with your irrefutable logic here but I can offer a little word of wisdom.
>
> SPELLING. Jeff spells his name CowEn. Trust me, I didn't mean to throw you a curve. :)
>
> I'm still sure I saw a post from him and I don't think I was dreaming.
>
> Lewis. Various bicycles.
>
> ***********************************
>
> Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> Lewis Campbell wrote:
>>>
>>> Jeff Cowan posted here within the past couple of weeks.
>>>
>>> I remember seeing his post and realizing that he was a 'voice from the past' but I can't
>>> remember the topic he was contributing to.
>>
>> His post was not picked up by either Google or news.cis.dfn.de. The most recent Usenet post by
>> "BlueBiker" on Google was dated Oct. 27, 2002 and the most recent to a.r.b.r. was dated Aug.
>> 10, 2001.
>>
>> Tom Sherman - Various HPV's Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

Status
Not open for further replies.