What i'm doing with my tax return -

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jonathan Bond

Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.

Son of a ....

Jon Bond

> Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
> year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
>
> Son of a ....
>
> Jon Bond

What idiots!

Anyone grossing $15,000 or less should be paying $ 0 income tax!
--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:
>>Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
>>year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
>>
>>Son of a ....
>>
>>Jon Bond
>
>
>
> What idiots!
>
> Anyone grossing $15,000 or less should be paying $ 0 income tax!
> --
> Slacker

Granted I'm a dependent, but still, thats total excrement of the male bovine variety.

Jon Bond

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 23:26:30 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:

>Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
>year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
>
>Son of a ....
>
>Jon Bond

..biaatch!

Brutal, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
> year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
>
> Son of a ....
>
> Jon Bond
>

Are you sure you filed everyting correctly? Dependent or not, you should be completely tax emempt
and entitled to a full refund of all withheld earnings if your toatal earnings are under (I think
it's) $6,942.

I remember when I was 15 I earned something like $6,912...$30 under the
limit. Got a sweet about-$700 check back if I remember correctly.

Chris

>
> Son of a ....

Anti-money is money owed I assume. Earning $3000.00 a year could never possibly make you owe money.
I suggest you file yourself and SUE whoever set you up.

But.. and I must say.. if you are 18, and you are being claimed, you might suffer huge penalties. 18
makes you virtually emancipated, but your parents

earner of a disfunctional family. (basically, lot of legal stuff going on here)

You deserve a return. Do your taxes yourself from now on. You only need someone else to do them when
you have enough money to pay for the service, and make it worthwhile.

darsh

>
> Jon Bond

Chris wrote:
> "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
>>year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
>>
>>Son of a ....
>>
>>Jon Bond
>>
>
>
> Are you sure you filed everyting correctly? Dependent or not, you should be completely tax emempt
> and entitled to a full refund of all withheld earnings if your toatal earnings are under (I think
> it's) $6,942.
>
> I remember when I was 15 I earned something like $6,912...$30 under the
> limit. Got a sweet about-$700 check back if I remember correctly.
>
> Chris

My parents had the accountant do it. And yes, I'm pretty sure he did everything right ;)

I'm sure it wasn't much, but its the principle of the thing.

Jon Bond

Darsh wrote:
>
>>
>>Son of a ....
>
>
>
> Anti-money is money owed I assume. Earning $3000.00 a year could never possibly make you owe
> money. I suggest you file yourself and SUE whoever set you up.
>
> But.. and I must say.. if you are 18, and you are being claimed, you might suffer huge penalties.
> 18 makes you virtually emancipated, but your parents

> earner of a disfunctional family. (basically, lot of legal stuff going on here)
>
> You deserve a return. Do your taxes yourself from now on. You only need someone else to do them
> when you have enough money to pay for the service, and make it worthwhile.
>
> darsh

My 'rents pay for college (even though some of the money is mine, its still under their name), so
they get a tax break as long as they claim me as a dependent. Overall, it works out that we pay less
taxes as a sum total. My 'rents covered the extra, so its not a big deal for me. I think I *MIGHT*
have made over $3000 because of my stocks (not all of them bit it, although a couple did), as well
as CD's and Bonds (hehe) that came due. I think it totalled up to about 16 grand or so, to cover

think they'd take that into account...

Oh well. I'm still blowing cash on a new bike ;)

Jon Bond

> Chris wrote:
> > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in
> >
> >>Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made
> >>last year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
> >>
> >>Son of a ....
> >>
> >>Jon Bond
> >>
> >
> >
> > Are you sure you filed everyting correctly? Dependent or not, you
should be
> > completely tax emempt and entitled to a full refund of all withheld
earnings
> > if your toatal earnings are under (I think it's) $6,942.
> >
> > I remember when I was 15 I earned something like $6,912...$30 under the
> > limit. Got a sweet about-$700 check back if I remember correctly.
> >
> > Chris
>
> My parents had the accountant do it. And yes, I'm pretty sure he did everything right ;)

Hehe, my parents did the same thing to me. Don't even believe they did it without knowing about it.
It is cut and dry. See my post to you. I could go crazy on this, but I know better. It will only be
one year max, but make sure you are alone next year, and you will get your return. Tell them to stop
claiming you.

You are not a young, inner-city youth, supplying your family with it's main income (maybe you are
just to cover all bases. hehe). Next year you will get your money back if you take charge of it.

darsh

>
> I'm sure it wasn't much, but its the principle of the thing.
>
> Jon Bond

Jonathan Bond wrote:
>
>
> My parents had the accountant do it. And yes, I'm pretty sure he did everything right ;)
>
> I'm sure it wasn't much, but its the principle of the thing.
>
> Jon Bond

Do your parents have any investments in your name? If so, you easily could have "made" much more
than you know.

Barry

Jonathan Bond wrote:
>
> I think I *MIGHT* have made over $3000 because of my stocks (not all of them bit it, although a
> couple did), as well as CD's and Bonds (hehe) that came due. I think it totalled up to about 16
> grand or so, to cover

> think they'd take that into account...

Aha! The Paul Harvey part comes out. <G> So, you actually under withheld and didn't make any
estimated payments.

Let's also not forget that while SOME tuition IS nuts, it's optional. There are plenty of state
schools that are much cheaper than private schools. Also remember that the particular career you are
training for may make a private university's tuition a worthwhile investment.

Barry

B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:
> Jonathan Bond wrote:
>
>>I think I *MIGHT* have made over $3000 because of my stocks (not all of them bit it, although a
>>couple did), as well as CD's and Bonds (hehe) that came due. I think it totalled up to about 16
>>grand or so, to cover

>>think they'd take that into account...
>
>
> Aha! The Paul Harvey part comes out. <G> So, you actually under withheld and didn't make any
> estimated payments.
>
> Let's also not forget that while SOME tuition IS nuts, it's optional. There are plenty of state
> schools that are much cheaper than private schools. Also remember that the particular career you
> are training for may make a private university's tuition a worthwhile investment.
>
> Barry

Yup, I do indeed know. Its still a ***** tho ;)

approx 36 grand a year now... ouch. What's worse is all the massively rich kids around (comes from
going to a school that doesn't have need-blind admissions)... my ex's dad has a 5+ million dollar
house on Sydney Harbor, lives downstairs from the son of the Hennessy family(as in the cognac), and
I think the crowned prince of Morrocco is around here somewhere too.

And none of them bike. Damn shame.

Jon Bond

Your tax return is the information you send to the IRS. Any money you get back is your tax refund.
You cannot spend your tax return.

Keep working on that college education.

>
> Son of a ....
>
> Jon Bond
>

Gee, Little yuppie prince has to pay taxes. Welcome to reality.

Tsheer wrote:
> Your tax return is the information you send to the IRS. Any money you get back is your tax refund.
> You cannot spend your tax return.
>
> Keep working on that college education.
>
>

I think it's more like keep working on learning the realities of the real world. My Ps nor their
accountants ever did my taxes.

Greg
--
"Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

Tom Sanders wrote:
>
>>
>>Son of a ....
>>
>>Jon Bond
>>
>
>
> Gee, Little yuppie prince has to pay taxes. Welcome to reality.

This is more of a reflection on a tax "reform" that I don't agree with, and the effects thereof. In
case you're wondering, I've worked since it was legally possible. And I didn't have posh jobs - one
paid minimum wage, and the other was waiting with awful hours (think 12 hours on saturday night
until 3AM, then back again at 7AM to set up for brunch). I realize I'm way better off than most
kids, but I certainly haven't had it easy. Pretty much everything that I own has been paid for with
money I've earned. Daddy doesn't buy me a new porche every year (only every three years... I mean,
that qualifies as poverty, right?) Yes, I spend a lot of money on biking. Yes, I go to a
way-too-expensive school. But by no means have I been fed everything on a silver platter. Hell no.

Silver plated, maybe.

Jon Bond

>
> This is more of a reflection on a tax "reform" that I don't agree with, and the effects thereof.
> In case you're wondering, I've worked since it was legally possible. And I didn't have posh jobs -
> one paid minimum wage, and the other was waiting with awful hours (think 12 hours on saturday
> night until 3AM, then back again at 7AM to set up for brunch). I realize I'm way better off than
> most kids, but I certainly haven't had it easy. Pretty much everything that I own has been paid
> for with money I've earned. Daddy doesn't buy me a new porche every year (only every three
> years... I mean, that qualifies as poverty, right?) Yes, I spend a lot of money on biking. Yes, I
> go to a way-too-expensive school. But by no means have I been fed everything on a silver platter.
> Hell no.
>
> Silver plated, maybe.
>
> Jon Bond
>
>

Want some cheese with your whine?

Tsheer wrote:
> Your tax return is the information you send to the IRS. Any money you get back is your tax refund.
> You cannot spend your tax return.
>
> Keep working on that college education.

Dude, don't try to pull that "stupid kid" thing. Not gonna happen. On top of that, I'm studying to
be a Mech. Engineer (maybe with a minor in Multimedia Arts), so I probably won't learn that kind of
thing anyway. And I was running on about 3 hours of sleep, on top of a major deficit. And, worst of
all, it was raining and I haven't been able to ride my bike offroad since Christmas.

If you want to get technical, I sent in my tax *return*, and then didn't recieve any *refund*, but
instead had to pay more taxes. Better?

Jon Bond really doesn't give a flying fridge. Or a flying tax return, for that matter.

"Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
>
> Anyone grossing $15,000 or less should be paying $ 0 income tax!
> --
> Slacker
>

I'll bet you were ****** because you didn't get the full $600 rebate last year. Sounds like you
either need an education or another job. Everyone has to pay their share of taxes

>, I've worked since it was legally possible. And I didn't have posh jobs - one paid minimum wage,

> Jon Bond
>

Had my first paying job at the age of 8 picking beans. Have never whined about paying taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.