What i'm doing with my tax return -

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jonathan Bond, Apr 11, 2003.

  1. Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
    year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.

    Son of a ....

    Jon Bond

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
    > year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
    >
    > Son of a ....
    >
    > Jon Bond

    What idiots!

    Anyone grossing $15,000 or less should be paying $ 0 income tax!
    --
    Slacker

  3. Slacker wrote:
    >>Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
    >>year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
    >>
    >>Son of a ....
    >>
    >>Jon Bond
    >

    > What idiots!
    >
    > Anyone grossing $15,000 or less should be paying $ 0 income tax!
    > --
    > Slacker

    Granted I'm a dependent, but still, thats total excrement of the male bovine variety.

    Jon Bond

  4. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 23:26:30 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
    >year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
    >
    >Son of a ....
    >
    >Jon Bond

    ..biaatch!

    Brutal, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
    mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
    > year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
    >
    > Son of a ....
    >
    > Jon Bond

    Are you sure you filed everyting correctly? Dependent or not, you should be completely tax emempt
    and entitled to a full refund of all withheld earnings if your toatal earnings are under (I think
    it's) $6,942.

    I remember when I was 15 I earned something like $6,912...$30 under the
    limit. Got a sweet about-$700 check back if I remember correctly.

    Chris

  6. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
    > year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
    >
    > Son of a ....

    Anti-money is money owed I assume. Earning $3000.00 a year could never possibly make you owe money.
    I suggest you file yourself and SUE whoever set you up.

    But.. and I must say.. if you are 18, and you are being claimed, you might suffer huge penalties. 18
    makes you virtually emancipated, but your parents

    earner of a disfunctional family. (basically, lot of legal stuff going on here)

    You deserve a return. Do your taxes yourself from now on. You only need someone else to do them when
    you have enough money to pay for the service, and make it worthwhile.

    darsh

  7. Chris wrote:
    > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
    >>year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
    >>
    >>Son of a ....
    >>
    >>Jon Bond
    >>

    > Are you sure you filed everyting correctly? Dependent or not, you should be completely tax emempt
    > and entitled to a full refund of all withheld earnings if your toatal earnings are under (I think
    > it's) $6,942.
    >
    > I remember when I was 15 I earned something like $6,912...$30 under the
    > limit. Got a sweet about-$700 check back if I remember correctly.
    >
    > Chris

    My parents had the accountant do it. And yes, I'm pretty sure he did everything right ;)

    I'm sure it wasn't much, but its the principle of the thing.

    Jon Bond

  8. Darsh wrote:
    > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
    >>year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
    >>
    >>Son of a ....
    >

    > Anti-money is money owed I assume. Earning $3000.00 a year could never possibly make you owe
    > money. I suggest you file yourself and SUE whoever set you up.
    >
    > But.. and I must say.. if you are 18, and you are being claimed, you might suffer huge penalties.
    > 18 makes you virtually emancipated, but your parents

    > earner of a disfunctional family. (basically, lot of legal stuff going on here)
    >
    > You deserve a return. Do your taxes yourself from now on. You only need someone else to do them
    > when you have enough money to pay for the service, and make it worthwhile.
    >
    > darsh

    My 'rents pay for college (even though some of the money is mine, its still under their name), so
    they get a tax break as long as they claim me as a dependent. Overall, it works out that we pay less
    taxes as a sum total. My 'rents covered the extra, so its not a big deal for me. I think I *MIGHT*
    have made over $3000 because of my stocks (not all of them bit it, although a couple did), as well
    as CD's and Bonds (hehe) that came due. I think it totalled up to about 16 grand or so, to cover

    think they'd take that into account...

    Oh well. I'm still blowing cash on a new bike ;)

    Jon Bond

  9. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Chris wrote:
    > > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >>Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made
    > >>last year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
    > >>
    > >>Son of a ....
    > >>
    > >>Jon Bond
    > >>

    > > Are you sure you filed everyting correctly? Dependent or not, you
    should be
    > > completely tax emempt and entitled to a full refund of all withheld
    earnings
    > > if your toatal earnings are under (I think it's) $6,942.
    > >
    > > I remember when I was 15 I earned something like $6,912...$30 under the
    > > limit. Got a sweet about-$700 check back if I remember correctly.
    > >
    > > Chris
    >
    > My parents had the accountant do it. And yes, I'm pretty sure he did everything right ;)

    Hehe, my parents did the same thing to me. Don't even believe they did it without knowing about it.
    It is cut and dry. See my post to you. I could go crazy on this, but I know better. It will only be
    one year max, but make sure you are alone next year, and you will get your return. Tell them to stop
    claiming you.

    You are not a young, inner-city youth, supplying your family with it's main income (maybe you are
    just to cover all bases. hehe). Next year you will get your money back if you take charge of it.

    darsh

  10. Jonathan Bond wrote:

    > My parents had the accountant do it. And yes, I'm pretty sure he did everything right ;)
    >
    > I'm sure it wasn't much, but its the principle of the thing.
    >
    > Jon Bond

    Do your parents have any investments in your name? If so, you easily could have "made" much more
    than you know.

    Barry

  11. Jonathan Bond wrote:

    > I think I *MIGHT* have made over $3000 because of my stocks (not all of them bit it, although a
    > couple did), as well as CD's and Bonds (hehe) that came due. I think it totalled up to about 16
    > grand or so, to cover

    > think they'd take that into account...

    Aha! The Paul Harvey part comes out. <G> So, you actually under withheld and didn't make any
    estimated payments.

    Let's also not forget that while SOME tuition IS nuts, it's optional. There are plenty of state
    schools that are much cheaper than private schools. Also remember that the particular career you are
    training for may make a private university's tuition a worthwhile investment.

    Barry

  12. B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:
    > Jonathan Bond wrote:
    >
    >>I think I *MIGHT* have made over $3000 because of my stocks (not all of them bit it, although a
    >>couple did), as well as CD's and Bonds (hehe) that came due. I think it totalled up to about 16
    >>grand or so, to cover

    >>think they'd take that into account...
    >

    > Aha! The Paul Harvey part comes out. <G> So, you actually under withheld and didn't make any
    > estimated payments.
    >
    > Let's also not forget that while SOME tuition IS nuts, it's optional. There are plenty of state
    > schools that are much cheaper than private schools. Also remember that the particular career you
    > are training for may make a private university's tuition a worthwhile investment.
    >
    > Barry

    Yup, I do indeed know. Its still a bitch tho ;)

    approx 36 grand a year now... ouch. What's worse is all the massively rich kids around (comes from
    going to a school that doesn't have need-blind admissions)... my ex's dad has a 5+ million dollar
    house on Sydney Harbor, lives downstairs from the son of the Hennessy family(as in the cognac), and
    I think the crowned prince of Morrocco is around here somewhere too.

    And none of them bike. Damn shame.

    Jon Bond

  13. Tsheer

    Tsheer Guest

    Your tax return is the information you send to the IRS. Any money you get back is your tax refund.
    You cannot spend your tax return.

    Keep working on that college education.

  14. Tom Sanders

    Tom Sanders Guest

    "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
    > year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
    >
    > Son of a ....
    >
    > Jon Bond

    Gee, Little yuppie prince has to pay taxes. Welcome to reality.

  15. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Tsheer wrote:
    > Your tax return is the information you send to the IRS. Any money you get back is your tax refund.
    > You cannot spend your tax return.
    >
    > Keep working on that college education.

    I think it's more like keep working on learning the realities of the real world. My Ps nor their
    accountants ever did my taxes.

    Greg

  16. Tom Sanders wrote:
    > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Sweet, I got negative money back! Yes, thats right, they decided with the tiny amount I made last
    >>year (well under $3000, if it was even over $2000) that I should pay MORE taxes.
    >>
    >>Son of a ....
    >>
    >>Jon Bond
    >>

    > Gee, Little yuppie prince has to pay taxes. Welcome to reality.

    This is more of a reflection on a tax "reform" that I don't agree with, and the effects thereof. In
    case you're wondering, I've worked since it was legally possible. And I didn't have posh jobs - one
    paid minimum wage, and the other was waiting with awful hours (think 12 hours on saturday night
    until 3AM, then back again at 7AM to set up for brunch). I realize I'm way better off than most
    kids, but I certainly haven't had it easy. Pretty much everything that I own has been paid for with
    money I've earned. Daddy doesn't buy me a new porche every year (only every three years... I mean,
    that qualifies as poverty, right?) Yes, I spend a lot of money on biking. Yes, I go to a
    way-too-expensive school. But by no means have I been fed everything on a silver platter. Hell no.

    Silver plated, maybe.

    Jon Bond

  17. Tom Sanders

    Tom Sanders Guest

    "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > This is more of a reflection on a tax "reform" that I don't agree with, and the effects thereof.
    > In case you're wondering, I've worked since it was legally possible. And I didn't have posh jobs -
    > one paid minimum wage, and the other was waiting with awful hours (think 12 hours on saturday
    > night until 3AM, then back again at 7AM to set up for brunch). I realize I'm way better off than
    > most kids, but I certainly haven't had it easy. Pretty much everything that I own has been paid
    > for with money I've earned. Daddy doesn't buy me a new porche every year (only every three
    > years... I mean, that qualifies as poverty, right?) Yes, I spend a lot of money on biking. Yes, I
    > go to a way-too-expensive school. But by no means have I been fed everything on a silver platter.
    > Hell no.
    >
    > Silver plated, maybe.
    >
    > Jon Bond

    Want some cheese with your whine?

  18. Tsheer wrote:
    > Your tax return is the information you send to the IRS. Any money you get back is your tax refund.
    > You cannot spend your tax return.
    >
    > Keep working on that college education.

    Dude, don't try to pull that "stupid kid" thing. Not gonna happen. On top of that, I'm studying to
    be a Mech. Engineer (maybe with a minor in Multimedia Arts), so I probably won't learn that kind of
    thing anyway. And I was running on about 3 hours of sleep, on top of a major deficit. And, worst of
    all, it was raining and I haven't been able to ride my bike offroad since Christmas.

    If you want to get technical, I sent in my tax *return*, and then didn't recieve any *refund*, but
    instead had to pay more taxes. Better?

    Jon Bond really doesn't give a flying fridge. Or a flying tax return, for that matter.

  19. Tom Sanders

    Tom Sanders Guest

    news:p[email protected]...

    > Anyone grossing $15,000 or less should be paying $ 0 income tax!
    > --
    > Slacker

    I'll bet you were pissed because you didn't get the full $600 rebate last year. Sounds like you
    either need an education or another job. Everyone has to pay their share of taxes

  20. Tom Sanders

    Tom Sanders Guest

    "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >, I've worked since it was legally possible. And I didn't have posh jobs - one paid minimum wage,

    > Jon Bond

    Had my first paying job at the age of 8 picking beans. Have never whined about paying taxes.