What is the most effective way to see traffic coming from behind.

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy
Mirrors, I am assuming. I just personally never found any that I thought were all that effective or easy to use. The best is the type that mounts on the helmet, but even that is not great, IMHO.

I was looking online at the OWL rearview camera system, but it gets wretched reviews on Amazon. Mostly just a novelty that doesn't work very well, it seems.

If I'm going to be riding a lot more on the street, as opposed to safety paths, I'm going to need to keep an eye out for approaching traffic.

So, what works for you?
I use panasonic HX-A100 Video camera,and see on the phone screen,phone ,Phone is fixed on the handlebar

Originally Posted by leroy1010
I use panasonic HX-A100 Video camera,and see on the phone screen,phone ,Phone is fixed on the handlebar
Right...
big-smile.png

CAMPYBOB said:
Singapore drives on the left side of the road. Red lights go in front, white lights go to the rear and amber lights are legal only on pedicabs. Mirrors face traffic to reflect the light of oncoming vehicles back to the drivers to warn of your approach. Ya know, if I saw Ossifer Crispy Creme's light bar in my rear view I might be tempted to sprint...I'm pretty sure I could take him. Then, again, his pudgy trigger finger and that Glock say, "Halt, in the name of the Law!".
Slowly ramp up the speed and when he hits "oxygen debt" he'll be unable to effectively wield the gun or radio and end up shooting his front wheel and offering unintelligible grunts down the radio..

Originally Posted by Volnix
Thats what I was thinking the other day whist terrorizing bike-path jaywalking pedestrians... What if the police who also here have started cycling around made a... High-speed pursuit... On a bike???
big-smile.png
Reminds me of an old TV show, McMillan and Wife, starring Rock Hudson as a San Francisco police commissioner, and Susan St. James (wow!) as his wife. One episode featured a chase through the streets of SF on "10-speeds," absconded from a pair of hapless college-student-looking extras. The baddie was caught.