What Kind Of Bike Do You Own?

Zackiac

Aug 13, 2015
I currently own a BMX, lol. I've had this bike for a while, although I'm looking to upgrade to a nice Mountain Bike. People don't really use BMX's because they are seen as unsafe and are more for the younger generation, however I believe that if the bike suits you, your sorted. Thoughts, anybody?

Reactions: Kakashi
If you like the bike, feel comfortable on it and can ride it without problems then I say stick with it. My brother had a BMX that I had to borrow a few times and although it was nice I sort of missed having gears.

Personally I own an 18 geared mountain bike with suspension both on the front and back. I've had it some years now and it's always done a good job when I've needed it.

Well since you are asking in the mountain bike section, I have a Trek 8000 MTB. It is a hardtail meaning front suspension but no rear suspension. I'm not into the down hill aspect of off roading, the climbing is my reward. I hit about 30 MPH on the downhills which is plenty for me in the dirt, I don't care to go faster. So I can't justify spending more money for a full suspension when I have works great for what I do.

The mountain bike trails I ride are fire roads in the local mtns so nothing technical. But I could never make it up on a BMX. The roads are steep, 10-20% max grades for some good long sections so I need gears.

If I ever put mountain biking before road biking, I might consider a new bike. My 8000 cost me about $110 back in 2006. To get the level of components I have on it on a new bike, it would cost me about $3,000. I'm not wiling to spend that on an MTB.

102212B.jpg

041912A_zps496663a9.jpg

102412D.jpg

102412C.jpg

102412B.jpg

I own a couple of mountain bikes and then a singlespeed for fun. I've had them for so long that I can't even remember the specific model names. I prefer the mountain bikes for obvious reasons, but the singlespeed is fun to bust out from time to time.

My mountain bike is the only bike I can speak of although it is not really branded since I bought it in a cheap store. I don't invest much in bikes because it is only a hobby for me. And I don't believe in buying expensive bikes unless I would be serious in my riding. For my regular use of the bike, I only ride about once or twice a week because my work schedule has been hectic for the past 10 years or so. I only could bike often when I was younger, not because I was stronger but because I had more time to spare.

I have heard good things about Cannondale but have never tried them out. Come to think of it I've never even seen them in the UK.

Are they based and do they sell in US only?

Yes a U.S. Company owned by a Canadian conglomerate that makes everything as of last year only in Taiwan and Vietnam - but they sell through various dealers in the UK - just google Cannondale UK and a lot of shops come up.
Yes a U.S. Company owned by a Canadian conglomerate that makes everything as of last year only in Taiwan and Vietnam - but they sell through various dealers in the UK - just google Cannondale UK and a lot of shops come up.

I have had my BMX bike several years now. I have not had anything to complain about it as it takes me where i want to go. It really a good bike and I have no intention of replacing it anytime soon :)

I have a Motobecane Jubilee XL, a good riding bike, at a low price! I was really surprised at how good this bike rides for the price of a Giant's tires. well worth it, especially if you just starting with bike riding.

Attachments

• 11400988_1596890383864844_2400405069536878712_n.jpg
    11400988_1596890383864844_2400405069536878712_n.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 23
I have an old magna power climber I absolutely love. I know many complain about the weight, but I haven't really seen it as a problem. In the process of doing a full restoration on it. Only thing I have to replace is the front forks.

I have a Cube mountain bike I have had it for 2 years now and I love it! I have never really had a problem with it except the usual wear and tear and it has done a great job. It cost about £700 and it is really worth the money. I use it every day and it always does the job.

[SIZE=10.5pt]I agree that bikes suit you depending on your needs or your character. I have only had mountain bikes in the past and until now, because I really love nature and the trails that I go to are mountain bike trails. Also, I like how mountain bikes are dynamic and can be used on the road too and in addition, the bulkiness and sort of manly image of a mountain bike compared to road bikes which are sleek and slender. I guess it is personal preference and as you said, if it suits you, you are meant for that bike. I hope you get to upgrade to a nice mountain bike, and love it as well. :)[/SIZE]

For now, what I have with me is a mountain bike. It has been with me for a couple of years now and we already shared a lot of fun memories. Yes we did had great times and bad times. I think I already develop and emotional bond with it, Anyways, I'm planning to buy another now maybe next year. When I have enough money to do so.