What purpose do teenagers serve in society.

Teenagers are usually managed by having a mindless war or two.
The "War on Terror" should serve nicely.

pakicyclist said:
hey!

I am a teenager...16 infact...

You guys may have your lazy little teenagers, but all of us are not like that.

I work full-time 9-6 five days a week at a mortgage company in NJ (yea im not lying, a mortgage company), and on Mon, Wed, and Thursday, after work, I have cycling practice for the Colavita Racing Team!

So maybe, you just gotta give your kids a boost...my boost was OLN...Tour De France...Lance Armstrong...Floyd Landis...my parents did have some influence but the cycling world taught me to get on my feet and make something of myself.

Maybe your kids need a "hero" or someone to influence them to get up and do something.
So...what sort of flimsy excuse do you have for not squeezing in a few shifts at mcdonald's?
It's not like your schedule's full or anything,is it?

stevebaby said:
Teenagers are usually managed by having a mindless war or two.
The "War on Terror" should serve nicely.

So are you saying teenagers during WWI and WWII saw mindless wars?

stevebaby said:
So...what sort of flimsy excuse do you have for not squeezing in a few shifts at mcdonald's?
It's not like your schedule's full or anything,is it?

hell yea its full...i work from 9 to 6, and on days of practice, i leave work at 5, and practice with Colative from 6:8....the days i dont have practice i have SAT classes...

MountainPro said:
My teenagers typical day.

gets up 12 noon, asks for money...
grunts
eats breakfast
watchs MTV or SCUZZ for an hour
goes out
comes back in
grunts about how life sucks
eats dinner
grunts about how life sucks and how depressing things are
grunts
eats a sandwich
goes to bed and listen to music..
Raising teenagers is likened to an attempt to nail jello to a tree.

No matter how hard you try, you wind up frustrated and the jello is going to do what jello does.

GuyNoir said:
Raising teenagers is likened to an attempt to nail jello to a tree.

No matter how hard you try, you wind up frustrated and the jello is going to do what jello does.
did i also mention that she sits on MSN messegner talking to her friends all day...?

last Saturday was a beauftiful warm sunny day...she didnt budge from the computer...

i said, go out to the beach with your friends, you can chat all you want there..god knows we get precious few warm and sunndy days in Scotland..

all i got was a 'hummph'..

MountainPro said:
did i also mention that she sits on MSN messegner talking to her friends all day...?

last Saturday was a beauftiful warm sunny day...she didnt budge from the computer...

i said, go out to the beach with your friends, you can chat all you want there..god knows we get precious few warm and sunndy days in Scotland..

I don't know about you, but when I was a teenager, I was anywhere BUT the house or w/parents. In fact, when they punished me, it was being grounded to the house for some length of time.

MountainPro said:

Being a tenager is the pits, hormones out of control, pimples, greasy hair, inability to make intelligent conversation with adults, especially parents.
Not knowing what one wants to do for the rest of ones life, surrounded by like minded peers, it's a merry go round of endless selfishness. Did I miss anything.........heaps....but there again the product of tolerant parents, kick them out of home, tell them to comeback when they know how to get their **** together.
Send them off to join the army/navy/airforce, better still don't have the little brats in the first place.
Parents never learn, they still keep banging them out.

There again, they are the future..........God help us all.........:rolleyes:

MountainPro said:

Unplug the TV and computer...

I hated it when my folks did that, but it paid off in the long run (hey, I'm 20 and alive! that's gotta count for somehting even if I work at a bike shop)

I am 17 and I know I don't do near the work I should but right now I am working out and practicing volleyball so that I can get a scholarship to university.
I am also the owner of a fairly succesful screenprinting and graphics company.
Plus I when I had a slow month in my company I went and worked fro a guy pouring concrete and building houses.
And I am currently working on getting my first car running its an 85 saab I only have to swap the transmission and then I have a perfectly running car.

oh and I even have an idea of what I am going to do with my life as well and that goal involves year of schooling at hopefully one of Canadas best universities.
so not all of us are completely useless most of the time we are but not all of the time.

MountainPro said:

Just sucessfully booted my wifes niece out of the 2fast house...She is 20 and isa brilliant girl. Accepted to PITT...failed out due to partying with all the ball players and not attending classes...then they took her back in again a few months later and she repeated her poor performance. My wife decides she is going to save her...Yeah right.

All she did was sit in the hot tub, use up all my tivo harddrive space recording such gems as the gilmore girls, miami dolphin cheerleader reality show, some mtv **** and falcon beach (whatever the hell that is)...stay on the web, text message someone or perhaps the entire population the the United States every 5 minutes, while watching her shows...

Her mother, pays for her car, her cell phone bill (the monthly bill has to be quickly approaching the cost of a mortgage payment) and her medical. So basically, all this lazy sack of $%^# has to do his work for entertainment money.. She has no motivation, works maybe 4 hours a day, comes in a 1am and walks around the house until 3am....

I finally removed this cancer last night..Though I have another idea...

If somehow we could convince those Islamo Facists that she is a typical example of what one of those 72 virgins they keep blowing themselves up for...Well... I don't think we would have further terror problems...

good to hear from a teenager on this topic...
do your parents know you of your prediliction towards this end?

2FAST4U said:
she is a typical example of what one of those 72 virgins they keep blowing themselves up for...Well... I don't think we would have further terror problems...

2FAST4U said:
Just sucessfully booted my wifes niece out of the 2fast house...She is 20 and isa brilliant girl. Accepted to PITT...failed out due to partying with all the ball players and not attending classes...then they took her back in again a few months later and she repeated her poor performance. My wife decides she is going to save her...Yeah right.

All she did was sit in the hot tub, use up all my tivo harddrive space recording such gems as the gilmore girls, miami dolphin cheerleader reality show, some mtv **** and falcon beach (whatever the hell that is)...stay on the web, text message someone or perhaps the entire population the the United States every 5 minutes, while watching her shows...

Her mother, pays for her car, her cell phone bill (the monthly bill has to be quickly approaching the cost of a mortgage payment) and her medical. So basically, all this lazy sack of $%^# has to do his work for entertainment money.. She has no motivation, works maybe 4 hours a day, comes in a 1am and walks around the house until 3am....

I finally removed this cancer last night..Though I have another idea...

If somehow we could convince those Islamo Facists that she is a typical example of what one of those 72 virgins they keep blowing themselves up for...Well... I don't think we would have further terror problems...
congratulations on the eviction...have a beer on me..

my little parasite spent the day in bed til 12, got up once we had left and sat on her **** watching cartoons....made some food (didnt do the washing up of course)...well thats it really....a constructive day all round..

lovely warm sunshine outside btw...

her friends are over now, bunch of little shites....equally lazy in every respect.

MountainPro said:
congratulations on the eviction...have a beer on me..

my little parasite spent the day in bed til 12, got up once we had left and sat on her **** watching cartoons....made some food (didnt do the washing up of course)...well thats it really....a constructive day all round..

lovely warm sunshine outside btw...

her friends are over now, bunch of little shites....equally lazy in every respect.
Thanks mate, I did have several beers and her parents just gave me a case to take home as we visiting with them now.... The were grateful but I told them them to cut her off...get a phone that she can call them or 911 in case of an emergency and make her pay for her car and if she doesn't take it away and make her ride a bike which wouldn't be a bad idea BTW....

Good luck with your little shites...I don't envy you at all...

Pehaps you could just get away and get "comfortably numb"....

i guess it depends, some teenagers take things for granted because they don't realise what they have, but some are so mature, and is probably more sensible than actual adults. Can;t really judge from what i have seen, because there are always 2 sides :)

mountainpro may seem like he's all tough and military with his daughter... but i bet he's one of those father's who still calls his daughter princess and spoils her to the max...

MountainPro said:
...all i got was a 'hummph'..
Ahhhh, so she's communicating! One thing I've noticed in my travels is that teenagers in impoverished Countries tend to be exceedingly nice people. They've already worked full-time for a decade before they hit 15, and would love the opportunity to go to school.
I have one who is 16. She's not too bad but, then again, her Mum doesn't put up with any shite from her. I've dragged daughter 1, and her younger sister, off to remote villages in Laos and Myanmar to let them know how the other half live. I don't know if it had any affect, but I enjoyed it...
My Dad made things pretty simple for me - There's a World of opportunity out there, and don't forget to close the door on the way out...

willocrew said:
mountainpro may seem like he's all tough and military with his daughter... but i bet he's one of those father's who still calls his daughter princess and spoils her to the max...
absolutely...

EoinC said:
My Dad made things pretty simple for me - There's a World of opportunity out there, and don't forget to close the door on the way out...
My mum just wrapped my school lunch in a road map...