Where are you from,what do you do?

Hey, I can't delete my first two replies (the ones with the ugly language) :D , can a moderator do that for me?
Thanks!

Im new here so hi to everyone.

18 m

i live in Sydney Australia. ride to uni which is 12.5 km over the gladesville bride or around 17km over the harbour bridge. longer rides on weekend. im not training for anything specific at the moment though i want to race.

anybody here want to ride along the m2?

this forum is really good, i like the southern domination

Originally posted by Seraphim
Hey, I can't delete my first two replies (the ones with the ugly language) :D , can a moderator do that for me?
Thanks!

Can you PM me the URL to these post's so I can fix them.

I am from Connecticut a roadie at heart whose bike is cleaner and newer then my car.

I'm from Schertz, TX (suburb of San Antonio). The cycling bug bit me a number of years ago. After eight years working EMS, (one injury and six years of compensating for the injured knee) I can't run more than 1/2 a mile, so cycling has been wonderful for my bad joints. Haven't been riding in a couple of months, but I'm anxious to start again. I've got a Fuji Finest that I bought in '95. Gotta take it into the shop for a tuneup and then I'll be ready to go.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Guest
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

I,m from South Africa i am a serious cyclist i train 500-700 klm's
per week & race approx 150klm's per weekend.Track& Road.
:D :D

Hi everyone, my name is michael and I live in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA.

I go to NC State University, and have just started commuting on a bike. Commuting to work is still a challenge I haven't opted for yet, it's a few miles away.

It's such a wonderful experience not being limited by my car. I had considered selling my car and just having a bike, but the cars and lightning storms can get pretty ferocious around here, so, with the parents' guidance, I opted to keep the car.

I've been run off the road once already, and that was two weeks after starting. My body gets a little painful, and my wrist has been hurting lately. I ride a mountain bike with slick tires, which ride SO much faster and easier than the knobbies.

I just joined and this is my first post. I am 62 and started on a weight loss program last spring. On impulse I bought a cheap bike at WallMart and I find I enjoy cycling enormously. This is a great area for a bike (Kingston, Ontario, Canada) and I do about 30 k per day. I expect I will be looking for a better bike for Christmas since I have nearly worn out this one. I don't really know what is best for me so I will be reading these forums for advise etc.

Hey there! I'm 24, live in the Ottawa Valley (grew up in Toronto), Ontario, Canada. I'm a retired Triathlete, turned Roadie. After two IM'ing, I dust didn't want to run or swim anymore. I've been working in bike shops since 1995, and am currently working on my Architecture Degree.

Husband and I have a deal; when I start winning stuff, he gets to go off road driving full time:)
(His club buddies joke about breaking other competitors knees..of course, they wouldn't)

Originally posted by Guest
;D ;D
I am also from Ballarat, Victoria.

Rode my bike hmmm twice in the last 12 months!
Prefer to ride Horses but you cannot get fit riding them!

Like watching racing - have not raced myself.

Day job is Helpdesk Supervisor.

hi
name is francesco .from milan italy but lived in costa rica for the last 10 yrs .goin to be 38 in december.love horses too.manage a little training facility animal clinic in san jose` costa rica.pretty much ride the same trails on horseback that i ride my superlight on.really gave me a good idea of the horse perspective of endurance racing.started biking about three months ago to get my mind off the ending of my lousy marriage and got addicted right away.maybe it is because of my not having a life but i ve got to ride a couple of hours a day,also ride two horses a day though.but it is differentthere s a lot of finesse precision and skill in riding horses but it is a body that is other than yours no matter what.a bike is like a totally neutaral extension and i m not only talkin physical exercise

Hey :D

Terry from New Zealand.
I work for a promotions group doing graphic design and web building and any other crappy jobs they can think up.

Love cycling especially building and riding my own bikes, the latest creation is a swb recumbent which has very quickly become my all time favourite bike.

Originally posted by leona
Hey there! I'm 24, live in the Ottawa Valley (grew up in Toronto), Ontario, Canada. I'm a retired Triathlete, turned Roadie. After two IM'ing, I dust didn't want to run or swim anymore. I've been working in bike shops since 1995, and am currently working on my Architecture Degree.

Husband and I have a deal; when I start winning stuff, he gets to go off road driving full time:)
(His club buddies joke about breaking other competitors knees..of course, they wouldn't)

Hello, 29, male from Toronto. There is another lady who I ride with on this site from Toronto also. She is just starting out training for dau-athalons (sp?) (running & swimmimg). Just look for Seecy...

Memph

I have not read ALL of the posts yet, but it is very cool getting to know all of you a little bit. I am an 18 year old guy from Houston, Texas in the US.

I have always loved bikes and always had a mountain bike as a kid, but now I am saving up for my road bike...I have almost enough but as soon as I get a new job I will be buying it will hopefully be in a couple of weeks.

I would love any training tips (which I think I can get in a different thread ), but I am hopefully going to just train and do it for fun/charity/race. I have seen a lot of boards, and I really have to say that this is definatly the best cycling board hands down!

Nice to meet all of you,

Kyle

Originally posted by Specialized27
I have not read ALL of the posts yet, but it is very cool getting to know all of you a little bit. I am an 18 year old guy from Houston, Texas in the US.

I have always loved bikes and always had a mountain bike as a kid, but now I am saving up for my road bike...I have almost enough but as soon as I get a new job I will be buying it will hopefully be in a couple of weeks.

I would love any training tips (which I think I can get in a different thread ), but I am hopefully going to just train and do it for fun/charity/race. I have seen a lot of boards, and I really have to say that this is definatly the best cycling board hands down!

Nice to meet all of you,

Kyle

Hey Kyle:

You could be the next Armstrong..:cool: How is the weather there? Are you able to train outside year round?:eek:

SEE YA,
Trent

yeah I could train outside year round....but durring the summer it is insanely hot...it gets pretty chilly in the winter sometimes but not cold enough to keep me inside!

While living in British Columbia, Canada for a spell. I was able to train 567 straight days outside. It was great.

Texas sounds like a great place to ride. I enjoy the extreme heat. But never rode Texas heat. So that might be totally different. You are lucky that your winters are good for riding.....

Memph

I'm from Los Angeles, CA, US--I just bought a mountain bike this last weekend and hope to become reacclimated to riding---I used to bicycle race about 25-26 years ago, but I really have not been on any bicycle for over 17 years!! I don't know why, but I suddenly got the urge to ride again---beside my new mountain bike, I think I will have my old Gios-Torino racing bike overhauled and try to put some miles back on it!!!