Where are you from,what do you do?

G'day all,
I'm from Cronulla, Sydney. Spend most of my time at UNSW studying Building Construction Management. Just recently had an ankle operation so i'm in a cast, been told i won't be playing any more running sports, so i've decided to get into cycling. I just have to find the right bike for me, still got 8 weeks in the cast so i've got plenty of time to find it.

Stevo

hi all

I am from Turkey, computer programmer, riding on evenings and weekend. In summer I became a monster and ride through mountains... In off-season I generally run on treadmill and do some weight training.

hello.

I am from finland. I study in high school. I train 10-15h per week.

I'm from Manchester, England. I ride for fun and do a lot for charity.
I used to ride 40 miles per day, but know i'm only doing 10 due to a serious accident early this year.

Hi, I am an old fellow from Costa Rica. I just jump on my mtb for fun.

JBS

Originally posted by Guest
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

I currently live in Houston, TX and work as a corporate/industrial television director.

My bikes are a Giant Iguana mtn bike as well as a Trek 2120 road bike. I've mostly been riding the Giant of lake and averaging between 80 to 90 miles a week. I tend to just get on the bike and head "thatta way.." As far as orginized rides go; I do the Pedal to the Pyramids every year. A 60 some mile ride from Houston to Galveston, I've done the Katy Century twice, and the MS 150 once.

Every couple of years I take a vacation to my home town of Houghton Lake, MI, the largest inland lake in the state. It's about 50 miles to drive around the lake. During my vacation, I will ride my bike around the lake once. Just for old times sake. And to see if I still can.

I'm currently looking to add a recumbent to my arsenal. I'm mostly looking at the Bacchetta Strada or Corsa bent.

I'm from Melbourne, Australia. My last time I touch my bicycle was 5 months ago. Still cannot find anybody to cycle with since arrive here. Doing system admin on day time

Hey Rads78,

Not having any one to ride with is no excuse, I ride alone all the time 60 to 110 miles per week in Central Wisconsin USA.

Road Race on the weekends about a dozen times a year.

Own an Ice Cream shop and an Ice Skate shop

Originally posted by Rads78
I'm from Melbourne, Australia. My last time I touch my bicycle was 5 months ago. Still cannot find anybody to cycle with since arrive here. Doing system admin on day time

Just get on your bike and ride. I rarely ride with others. I just hop on, turn on the mini-disc player, get the headphones on securely, and just zoom and voom about the town as If it were my right. Oh wait, it is...

:D

I am from Greensboro, North Carolina, USA. I am a sports gear model and race road, mountain and CX. I take care of my two kids (ages 4 and 1) and take them to races with me. I am a category 3 road racer, an expert mountain biker and a class A/B CX guy. I have a Master's degree in Information Technology, but there are no tech jobs around here, so I have no choice but to hang with the kids and ride my bike :)

I live and ride in Newberg, Oregon - I work as a system engineer. I ride 100 - 150 miles a week and do organized rides when I can - this year I have completed the Seattle to Portland Bicycle classis and the Vine Ride - both cool rides.

Originally posted by e-male
Yes, Vo2, I am certainly going to try. I did it last year, although I did not do much training. I have the Argus 3 times. However, I am not yet in the sub-3 category.

What about you? Any sparkling tips, drugs ;) (hehehe), boosters etc?

I'm from Romania but i live in Canada,i do building maintenance for the City,Police Dept.
P.S. I see creeps all day long,in cells that is,boy do i hate bicycle thiefs...,i see bike that are stolen every day.Most people just don't care to lock their bikes.I for one bought 2 Cryptonites New York (one for my Trek and one for my GF's Specialized) and a Cryptonite Fahgettaboudit.

Originally posted by Wally
Hey Rads78,

Not having any one to ride with is no excuse, I ride alone all the time 60 to 110 miles per week in Central Wisconsin USA.

Road Race on the weekends about a dozen times a year.

Own an Ice Cream shop and an Ice Skate shop

I live in Toronto, and ride 3-5 hours daily alone. We have awesome radio stations. So I either listen to that or my walk-men. Am lucky, do get to ride with a hot older lady on Sundays :)

Memph

Originally posted by Banatean
I'm from Romania but i live in Canada,i do building maintenance for the City,Police Dept.
P.S. I see creeps all day long,in cells that is,boy do i hate bicycle thiefs...,i see bike that are stolen every day.Most people just don't care to lock their bikes.I for one bought 2 Cryptonites New York (one for my Trek and one for my GF's Specialized) and a Cryptonite Fahgettaboudit.
Which city do you work for? Have the best bike lock, my house. Only get off my bike to change a flat :( or bring into house. Never ever leave it any where.

Memph

Originally posted by Banatean
Edmonton

Cool, use to live about a 9 hour drive away in Trail, BC. It is located in the Kootenay near the US border. Made to Calgary drive to many times to remember. Only been to Edmonton a few times. Now I live in Toronto, where the rudest ppl in Canada are. How is the riding in your neck of the woods????

Memph

Occupation: Police dispatcher and part-time Queen of the Universe.

Originally posted by Brunswick_kate

Occupation: Police dispatcher and part-time Queen of the Universe.

Hello, you may be Queen, put I'm King of the arses. How is the riding in the east? Have yet to ride in New Brunswich. Did the huge trail in Nova Scotia and then crossed the road/bridge into Cape Breton. It was so beautiful yet different from where I grew up in BC.

Have fun being Queen and enjoy riding with the fishermen......

Memph

Thanks. The riding in Kouchibouguac and the Acadian Penisula is the best riding if you're into the whole cycle-tourist thing, which is my cuppa.

I'm not ready to tackle the hills in Cape Breton. Yet.