Where are you from,what do you do?

I have a nice bike trail right near where i live,it goes across the city and the beauty of it is that most of it goes along side the Nord Sasckatchewan river and some open air museums and recreation grounds .The people are very curteos and really nice.When i aproach them one click on my bell is enough for them to move aside and let you carrie on.Like i said about the river...i have a small tellescopic fishing rod that fits in my pannier bag and sometimes i fish,it's fun to be able to leave the car home,hopp one the bike and go fishing....it's almost like a memory from childhood...,i grew up near the Danube river so fishing it's in my blood .
Thank you

Originally posted by Brunswick_kate
Thanks. The riding in Kouchibouguac and the Acadian Penisula is the best riding if you're into the whole cycle-tourist thing, which is my cuppa.

I'm not ready to tackle the hills in Cape Breton. Yet.

Touring sounds like fun. I ride to fast to really notice much and miss alot of beauty. Are you near the ocean? Sorry for my ignorance, not too fimilar with area. If so the smell is awesome.

The hills in Cape Breton were easy, as I came from the mountains in BC. Was just so enjoyable to experience this. How many ppl can say that they have had their front tire in both the Pacific and Atlantic oceans. Kinda the feat Terry Fox tied to accomplish.....

Memph

Originally posted by Banatean
I have a nice bike trail right near where i live,it goes across the city and the beauty of it is that most of it goes along side the Nord Sasckatchewan river and some open air museums and recreation grounds .The people are very curteos and really nice.When i aproach them one click on my bell is enough for them to move aside and let you carrie on.Like i said about the river...i have a small tellescopic fishing rod that fits in my pannier bag and sometimes i fish,it's fun to be able to leave the car home,hopp one the bike and go fishing....it's almost like a memory from childhood...,i grew up near the Danube river so fishing it's in my blood .
Thank you

You are lucky to have a great trail so close. The ppl sound great when you appraoch. But they are not in a car, which seems to turn their minds to mush. Sometimes I take cycling to seriously and miss what it could be meant for. I ride 100km or so daily. Then put the bike away until the next day. Never really go slow and enjoy the beauty or use it to go fishing like you. It is great that you are having fun.....

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
Touring sounds like fun. I ride to fast to really notice much and miss alot of beauty. Are you near the ocean? Sorry for my ignorance, not too fimilar with area. If so the smell is awesome.

The hills in Cape Breton were easy, as I came from the mountains in BC. Was just so enjoyable to experience this. How many ppl can say that they have had their front tire in both the Pacific and Atlantic oceans. Kinda the feat Terry Fox tied to accomplish.....

Memph

Unfortunately, I'm inland but located on on the Saint John River Valley, which is very beautiful. I've got a ways to go before I can tackle Cape Breton in comfort and style but someday...I love Nova Scotia.

I'm from Grand Haven, MI in the USA. Ride around 150 miles per week. Started riding a few years ago, but am really into this year. Have found some others to ride with besides my BF. - and really like group rides. It helps push me to ride with riders who are stronger than me. Am finally getting to the point that I can also pull in those groups, but I have to say that I love the draft :)

I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago. I ride with a couple of different groups, as well as solo and get in about 150 - 200 miles per week.

well im from australia.. living in canberra studying at the defence force academy (thats right im in the army) the academy is surounded by mountains... the best being mount Majura where the national downhill championships where held last year. I am a XC rider and i downhill when the mood takes me. With army training riding is hard especially with the amount of physically draining activity i do. so i ride once or twice a week with my friends. just for fun understand... though the fitness benefits arent lost on me... low impact on my knees!!!!

Originally posted by lesliegee
I'm from Grand Haven, MI in the USA. Ride around 150 miles per week. Started riding a few years ago, but am really into this year. Have found some others to ride with besides my BF. - and really like group rides. It helps push me to ride with riders who are stronger than me. Am finally getting to the point that I can also pull in those groups, but I have to say that I love the draft :)

I was recently vacationing in South Haven. Great cycling country, not to mention the beaches

This forum is amazing... so may people from so many diferent backgrounds... so many involved in IT!!!! i'm an Arts student but one of my subjects is Information Systems... i just handed in the worst written assignment EVER... im so depressed, and it is now too dark to go for a ride... id better go to bed so i can ride tomorow!!!!

I have been overseas a few time but not to many of the places mentioned in this forum... i miss travelling... i think that is the only downside to joining the Army... maybe i should have joined the navy!!!!

Originally posted by larry barr
I was recently vacationing in South Haven. Great cycling country, not to mention the beaches

This part of Michigan is (not that I'm partial) really THE BEST in summer. Great beaches, fun things to do, great weather - lots of places to ride. It's nice to be able to just take off from my house and do a really nice ride without lots of traffic. Hope you had a fun vacation.

Originally posted by lesliegee
This part of Michigan is (not that I'm partial) really THE BEST in summer. Great beaches, fun things to do, great weather - lots of places to ride. It's nice to be able to just take off from my house and do a really nice ride without lots of traffic. Hope you had a fun vacation.

I am trying to convince my wife that we need a vacation cottage.

Calgary Alberta Canada...I'm a part time social worker, full time student who's pursuing a Certified Management Accountant certification starting Sept 1!! ...I was a social worker for almost 10 years...can you say career change?? Oh yeah and I was a commercial mortgage officer for the last year or so.

Originally posted by Gazoo
Calgary Alberta Canada...I'm a part time social worker, full time student who's pursuing a Certified Management Accountant certification starting Sept 1!! ...I was a social worker for almost 10 years...can you say career change?? Oh yeah and I was a commercial mortgage officer for the last year or so.

Hello, use to be from the Kootenays, where the best beer is from. How are the mountain? I miss spending 30-50 minutes climbing up & up....

Memph

Originally posted by roy
texas / cop on bike patrol

Do you mean pedal bike or motorcycle? If pedal bike, then you are another fat cop on a mtb that has no clue how to ride???

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
Do you mean pedal bike or motorcycle? If pedal bike, then you are another fat cop on a mtb that has no clue how to ride???

Memph

We have cops on bikes in australia... i mean MTB's... they are pretty skilled riders too... ex bike couriers etc... if your a mtb bike cop: RESPECT

to memphmann, on clueless fat cops on mtbs... you're probably thinking of pedal pushing mall security guards.

Originally posted by sinnicm
We have cops on bikes in australia... i mean MTB's... they are pretty skilled riders too... ex bike couriers etc... if your a mtb bike cop: RESPECT

Here in Canada, all the police officers on bikes (not security guards), have bellies hanging over their shorts. Seems to just sit on their bikes in one spot looking clueless.

I like to pedal by them calling them foul names. They are too weak to chase me down. Then again all police are power hungry arses, who break the law more then the average person.

It is great if in your country, they have some ability to do something besides suck back lard....

Memph

truuuuuuu dat!!! nah there very good.. i like to think that the cops here are very conciencious and community oriented... some bad stuff happens but most of the time they are really nice... ive ridden up to a pair of them and just chated away for a while...
ive gotta say id be too scared to swear at these guys im pretty sure they would be way faster than me on a bike!

So you're from toronto... whats your hockey team... we dont get much ice hockey here but i play in-line hockey about three times a week.. im on the defence academy team.. we all fantasize about playing ice!!