Where are you from,what do you do?

Originally posted by Guest
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

I'm from Barcelona, Spain. And I'm doing 50 km on week-ends.

I live in Chico, Ca, Suposidly the most bike friendly town? Ive rode bikes off and on as a kid now im 18 and have no desire for a car sooo that leaves me with a bike!!! I now bike to school and around town everyday and love it. I do all this on a ****y target bike that squeks and rattles. Now that im really starting to love biking a new bike is a must so im saving up now. Bikes are so much more rewarding then cars.

I do Triathlons.... so Im not actually a cyclist according to a lot of people.... :) usually manage about 3 rides a week, along with my running and swimming and gym work (not as much lately).

was going to be doing a half ironman this year, but am now getting married in October and honeymoon November, so has been put off until next year now... I want to qualify for Ironman Australia with an actual qualication time and not a roll down or lottery spot..

just love cycling though....

cheers
Mikey

Originally posted by dee-vee
I live in Chico, Ca, Suposidly the most bike friendly town? Ive rode bikes off and on as a kid now im 18 and have no desire for a car sooo that leaves me with a bike!!! I now bike to school and around town everyday and love it. I do all this on a ****y target bike that squeks and rattles. Now that im really starting to love biking a new bike is a must so im saving up now. Bikes are so much more rewarding then cars.

Great to see you riding. Have to start somewhere with some piece of ****. Most of us did. Good luck.......

Memph

Hi

i'm from belgium, south-east flanders (the heart of Ronde van Vlaanderen - Tour de Flanders). that's very close to the homes of peter van petegem & robbie mcewen (and some other less known pros)
i'm student and in my spare time i enjoy to ride my bike here, especially the nasty little hills and the cubblestone streets (like Paddestraat; which should sound familiar with the real, die hard cycling fans)

cyas

Originally posted by Guest
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)

I commute to work 41km each way, each day 5 days a week. I don't think of it as training though; just the best way to get to work. I live in Shirley, MA and commute to Marlborough, MA.

Originally posted by djones425
I commute to work 41km each way, each day 5 days a week. I don't think of it as training though; just the best way to get to work. I live in Shirley, MA and commute to Marlborough, MA.

Throughout the winter as well? If so, you are a true warrior.

Originally posted by jules_crapule
Hi

i'm from belgium, south-east flanders (the heart of Ronde van Vlaanderen - Tour de Flanders). that's very close to the homes of peter van petegem & robbie mcewen (and some other less known pros)
i'm student and in my spare time i enjoy to ride my bike here, especially the nasty little hills and the cubblestone streets (like Paddestraat; which should sound familiar with the real, die hard cycling fans)

cyas
:cool:
Hi
Great to hear from you, do you get a change to see an of the 'great spring classics'. One day when I get back to Europe I hope to get a change to see some of the spring classics, six day track, and one of the three great tours.
Tony

Originally posted by Donna T
Hi. I'm from the Boston area. I finally gave in last spring and bought a bike so I could ride with my husband (who rides both on and off the road). I stick to the road right now, but am interested in branching out. I sit at a computer all day, but get to commute 2x a week, which I love. I am fortunate that my company has a gym and showers. Wish I could do it everyday but someone has to take care of the kids! I get in about 50 miles commuting, and hubby and I try to get out about once a week for a 30-50 miler. I am trying to find some women to ride with now.
My dad is a roadie, so I grew up with bikes, but when I moved out here 15 years ago my bike was stolen, and I never really replaced it (I have a city bike to tow the kids around, but nothing fast). After I got over the sticker shock (over a pretty basic bike I have to admit), I decided that the kids don't need any new clothes, toys or extracurricular activities and gave in to the bug. I'm trying to figure out how much I save by commuting.

My bike completes me :)
Donna

Originally posted by tony@canberra
:cool:
Hi
Great to hear from you, do you get a change to see an of the 'great spring classics'. One day when I get back to Europe I hope to get a change to see some of the spring classics, six day track, and one of the three great tours.
Tony

hi

like i said, Tour de Flanders is raced here, in fact they're doing our street. but they're going way too fast to recognise them. i only recognise 3 or 4 out of a group of +150 :rolleyes:
cipo was easy to spot last year, with the rainbow jersey.

we see the opening race of the spring classics too, Omloop het Volk, somewhere in march. and some other races too.
i always look forward to those couple weeks :)

Hi,

I'm from Harelbeke, Belgium.
I ride only in the weekends but try to do at least 100 km rides.
Most of them are in the 'Tour of Flanders' region.

BTW. My nick may be 'Cobblestone', but I hate those little xxxxxxx.

Originally posted by larry barr
Throughout the winter as well? If so, you are a true warrior.
Yes, even in the winter.

I have studded tires, a dynohub, touring pedals with extra large Power Grips, and an internal 7-speed hub setup on an older Trek 800. I wear Sorel -40 boots so I need the big pedals.

There are some days I miss when it justs snows too much. But cold has never been an issue. I probably lose more days in February (about 6) due to major snowstorms than any other month.

I think biking in a gentle snowstorm is one of the finest moments on a bike. I really do. I catch the snow with my tongue. The snow casts a mysterious glow, and makes everything much quieter. You feel each heartbeat and see your own breath. This is the kind of bliss that you get at no other time of year, and that our ancestors must have enjoyed routinely.

Hello all!

I'm from the United States, and I'm a female so apparently i'm one of the few it looks as though.

I ride 2 hours every other morning. I just started riding last year and its seems as though its become an addiciton.

I'm a student studying Electrical and Computer engineering.

I live immediately north of Toronto and have been cycling on and off since 1969.

Have recently bought a replacement road bike (I gave my 1989 Gardin/105 away 3 years ago) and started riding AGAIN!! at the age of 50.

Have only been commuting 35 km. per day for 2-3 days a week so far, but would like to increase to 5 days per wk. and 1 or 2 70 km. rides a month.

Does anyone have a secret regarding getting your partner interested in long-distance rides?

Originally posted by Chuckrossin
I live immediately north of Toronto and have been cycling on and off since 1969.

Have recently bought a replacement road bike (I gave my 1989 Gardin/105 away 3 years ago) and started riding AGAIN!! at the age of 50.

Have only been commuting 35 km. per day for 2-3 days a week so far, but would like to increase to 5 days per wk. and 1 or 2 70 km. rides a month.

Does anyone have a secret regarding getting your partner interested in long-distance rides?

Hello:

Am from your neck of the woods, Richmond Hill. I also ride a Gardin, had it custom built by Joe before he past away.

Where do you work? What route do you take to work? Ride on week-ends?

Memph

I'm from Utah (USA) (home of the 2002 winter olympics.) I've been into MTN biking basically my whole life and am recently getting into road (trying to learn as much as I can about it too.) I'm a student studying Business Marketing.

Originally posted by Memphmann
Hello:

Am from your neck of the woods, Richmond Hill. I also ride a Gardin, had it custom built by Joe before he past away.

Where do you work? What route do you take to work? Ride on week-ends?

Memph

I work in North York - Keele/Wilson. I usually ride along Clarke or down to Cummer or Steeles - I like to mix it up.

I haven't done any long weekend rides since I usually work weekends (my own company).