Where are you from,what do you do?

st louis
i work for a computer company
I ride to stay fit and now that I'm getting back into road riding again after about 10 years off I've discovered that riding a bike is a genetic thing. if you loved it when you were young then you'll always love it.

well, it works that way for me anyway.

I live in Richmond, was a submariner in the Navy grew up in Minnesota, but don't miss the winters.

I work full time (electronics repair guy), go to grad school full time, and I am a full time newly wed. Somehow I still manage 70-100 miles a week on the bike depending on how much homework is due that week. Simply put, I don't waste much time(other than on this forum lol ), but I am looking forward to finishing grad school and wasting a load of it.

Originally posted by jitteringjr
I live in Richmond, was a submariner in the Navy grew up in Minnesota, but don't miss the winters.

I work full time (electronics repair guy), go to grad school full time, and I am a full time newly wed. Somehow I still manage 70-100 miles a week on the bike depending on how much homework is due that week. Simply put, I don't waste much time(other than on this forum lol ), but I am looking forward to finishing grad school and wasting a load of it.

That is like 4-5 hours worth of riding a week. So be easy enought to find time for that little time. That like you are attempting to fit 30-32 hours of riding in...........

Memph

I live in Los Angeles as well..... I'm mainly into fixed gear road cycling, but ride road & mtb as well. I'm currently in the process of building a touring bike.
I am self-employed and work in Hollywood......but not in the film industry.

George

Hey everybody
I am a new guy to this whole forum thing. Looks cool.
I am a Canadian, Ontario specifically. Raced for 10 years, kids and marriage took priority. I am getting into it again and I just bought a new bike, Ultegra equipped, great ride. Owned a small bike shop for a few years.
I am a development guy at heart however I am stuck in a production position right now. (boring)
Anybody know a good light road tire (not foldable)
See ya
Roadweenie

Originally posted by Roadweenie
Hey everybody
I am a new guy to this whole forum thing. Looks cool.
I am a Canadian, Ontario specifically. Raced for 10 years, kids and marriage took priority. I am getting into it again and I just bought a new bike, Ultegra equipped, great ride. Owned a small bike shop for a few years.
I am a development guy at heart however I am stuck in a production position right now. (boring)
Anybody know a good light road tire (not foldable)
See ya
Roadweenie

Hello, where in Ontario are you at? I'm in the GTA, well slightly North. What was the shop you owned and where was it located? How serious are you getting back into cycling? Just a week-end warrior, or full blown 100+km a day?

I have also been off my bike for a # of years due to knee operations and other life choices. I use to also race out here in jrs and CAT2/3, that was 10 years ago. Been back on bike since July 7th. Lost 26lbs, and riding 120+km/day. Yes, even thru this Arctic weather that has hit us.

Did you ride today? Piece of advice, stay away from Newmarket CyclePath. They lie, take for-ever to order products, and just have a lousy ran business. Ask anyone in that area....

Memph

I live in Austin, TX and I'm a self-employed portrait and wedding photographer.

I'm fairly new to the cycling world, and I love it. I've done a few tri's, but I'm more interested in cycling. Right now I put in about 200-300 miles a week through the hill country on my bike.

I live near Washington D.C. where frankly, being so near the likes of George "dubya" Bush manages to get me irritated on a nearly daily basis. I started cycling again a couple years ago after a loooong time away from it.

Actually, the excercise probably helps with the stress of living in this region amid all the politics, traffic, and the "go-go-go" mentality of my job. I am a freelance consultant/project manager in the telecommunications and I.T. industry. I still ride my '75 Motobecane Grand Record (recently restored) and still love it. Can't believe I stopped riding for so long.

Hey, im umberto from Los Angeles, California and im fourteen. I ride my bike only about 40 min, 4 days a week.

Hi, I´m from Erfurt, Germany; 38 years old. I ride 3 times a week for about 1-1,5 h. This year, i will ride about 3500 km. Next year i will go for 5000 km :)

Originally posted by cycle_austin
I live in Austin, TX and I'm a self-employed portrait and wedding photographer.

I'm fairly new to the cycling world, and I love it. I've done a few tri's, but I'm more interested in cycling. Right now I put in about 200-300 miles a week through the hill country on my bike.

I'm from Sydney Australia and got into cycling about 18 months ago. I have now got into tri's as well. I ride about 6 hours a week (road and wind trainer), and run/swim about 6 hours a week too. I find the running does make a difference to my cycling strength, especially hills.

I love just being out braving the elements (hate wind) riding 50 - 100kms with a bunch of people. Makes me forget about work!

I'm from Janesville, Wisconsin, and what do i do? i go to high school, and durin the summer i shingle houses. I dont really train unless you call going down to the local jumps training.:D

Hi,

I'm from London UK. riding a Cannondale F700 modded for commuting or as Cannondale say "Urban Assault"!

Used to ride offroad/downhillers but havent had the money to get a new one for a while :mad: . Also into Snowboarding, Skating, surfing and minis.

as a job I'm a graphic designer. usually on MSN on [email protected]

Gats

Been gone so long, so I'll do the whole thing again.

I'm from Johannesburg in sunny South Africa. I ride a Omega V-Max II. Unfortunately I have to work as well. When doing this I'm a Delphi Programmer.

Hi,

US seems under-represented in this forum :)
I am from a small town of Clarks Summit in the hilly Northeastern Pennsylvania. I am a mathematician at a local university. I ride on the road, just broke 3500 miles (since christmas). Used to do one road race per year, now it's just a few small mtb races. It's the age thing...

Nice forum!

Originally posted by Jakub
Hi,

US seems under-represented in this forum :)

read more postings and decided to take that comment back before someone points out my weak counting skills ...

Nice forum!

I am from Nashville, TN, USA. I have just started riding about 2 months ago. I don't know what my total mileage is; I had my computer reset a couple of times. I am guessing about 250 miles.

I have a road bike......you can guess which brand!

My goal is to race at least once next year.

Originally posted by trekchic
I am from Nashville, TN, USA. I have just started riding about 2 months ago. I don't know what my total mileage is; I had my computer reset a couple of times. I am guessing about 250 miles.

Nashville? Cool, I used to live there. Now I am in Arkansas. I lived in Bellevue for a couple of years. I loved it.

Originally posted by trekchic

Trekchic

Good taste in bikes - I wish they were cheaper here though!