Where are you from,what do you do?

Originally posted by Chuckrossin
I work in North York - Keele/Wilson. I usually ride along Clarke or down to Cummer or Steeles - I like to mix it up.

I haven't done any long weekend rides since I usually work weekends (my own company).

What time do you usually ride to work. The reason I ask, is that because of work I have to ride 4-8 am Tues-Friday. Maybe I have ran into you?

Word of advice. Stay away from a bike shop in Newmarket called "Cyclepath". They lie and sell **** which they do not warrenty. Also takes them weeks to get in simple items like cleats. This is the largest city in Canada. Expect 2-3 days at the most.

If we have not ran into each other. Maybe we shall before the weather turns to nasty......

Memph

!9 year old. Starting road biking because I hate running.

Working at Starbucks in Newton MA for over a year!

Originally posted by Memphmann
What time do you usually ride to work. The reason I ask, is that because of work I have to ride 4-8 am Tues-Friday. Maybe I have ran into you?

Word of advice. Stay away from a bike shop in Newmarket called "Cyclepath". They lie and sell **** which they do not warrenty. Also takes them weeks to get in simple items like cleats. This is the largest city in Canada. Expect 2-3 days at the most.

If we have not ran into each other. Maybe we shall before the weather turns to nasty......

Memph

Thanks for any advice - I usually deal with shops in the big smoke. How do you like your Gardin ?. . . Just a steelie are we??

I usually ride sometime between 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., God knows when in the eve. (Usually before 7:00 p.m. now). I've just been back riding for about six weeks now - am just getting back into rhythm recently :|

I live immediately north of Toronto and have been cycling on and off since 1969.

Have recently bought a replacement road bike (I gave my 1989 Gardin/105 away 3 years ago) and started riding AGAIN!! at the age of 50.

Have only been commuting 35 km. per day for 2-3 days a week so far, but would like to increase to 5 days per wk. and 1 or 2 70 km. rides a month.

Does anyone have a secret regarding getting your partner interested in long-distance rides?
Hi
Great to see us old in years, but young at heart, back on the bike I'm 53 and back riding. I't's the start of spring here (Canberra AUS), so the weather is getting warmer and the days longer. Winter is not to bad in Canberra by Canada standards, good riding in the day. Cold nights -6c and up to 10c in the day no snowin the city, just on the near by ranges.:D

Thanks for any advice - I usually deal with shops in the big smoke. How do you like your Gardin ?. . . Just a steelie are we??

I usually ride sometime between 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., God knows when in the eve. (Usually before 7:00 p.m. now). I've just been back riding for about six weeks now - am just getting back into rhythm recently :|

My Gardin is great, would not trade it for any frame on market right now. I had it custom built for me out of carbon/***. From what I heard, one of a few Gardins Joe attempted this with. Old 8 spd Dura Ace STI with Mavic Open 4CD rims.

I also just resently got back into riding. Been off bike due to numberous knee operations. Six years off, feels great to be back out. My old racing form is slowly taking shape.

The reason I mentioned the store is because these guys have fixed my wheel and keep breaking spokes they repair. Am sure the "Cyclepaths" in Toronto are ran better.....

Memph

My Gardin is great, would not trade it for any frame on market right now. I had it custom built for me out of carbon/***. From what I heard, one of a few Gardins Joe attempted this with. Old 8 spd Dura Ace STI with Mavic Open 4CD rims.

I also just resently got back into riding. Been off bike due to numberous knee operations. Six years off, feels great to be back out. My old racing form is slowly taking shape.

The reason I mentioned the store is because these guys have fixed my wheel and keep breaking spokes they repair. Am sure the "Cyclepaths" in Toronto are ran better.....

Memph

Originally posted by Guest
:) Im from queenland australia and i cycle for fun and also competitively with a club. im now doing 35k each morning for practice.what do you guys do for practice? 8)
Im from Coventry, Rhode Island, I ride for fun, just did first century
100 miles and I train doing20 - 30 miles, 3 or more times per week

I am from Queensland...The little place i like to call home is located on the beautiful Gold Coast.

I am a struggling unemployed uni student that loves kicking with mates. If not at home i can be found down at the beach or if not there i'm sure to be at the local pub with a pool que in one hand and a brew in the other.

I like to call myself a surski paddler, but at the moment with illness, exams and sever lack of motivation that is up for debate.

I'd love to find some ppl who like to do the occasional ride - nothing too intense, but will help keep this girl motivated :p

Oh and the bike i ride is a...i don't know what the hell it is...one day i'll pull my finger out and post a pic in a hope of finding out exactly my pride and joy is...all i know is that it is a yellow Evolution with 2 wheels, and some other parts....:rolleyes:

I live in Dallas TX, and I guess I'm what you would call a "fast recreational" cyclist. I ride with a club and race a little bit. Hope to be more serious about that next season.
Any of you Queensland riders know a Grant Fahey?

Originally posted by Pacesetter
I am from Queensland...The little place i like to call home is located on the beautiful Gold Coast.

I am a struggling unemployed uni student that loves kicking with mates. If not at home i can be found down at the beach or if not there i'm sure to be at the local pub with a pool que in one hand and a brew in the other.

I like to call myself a surski paddler, but at the moment with illness, exams and sever lack of motivation that is up for debate.

I'd love to find some ppl who like to do the occasional ride - nothing too intense, but will help keep this girl motivated :p

Was attempting to figure out how a "sruggling unemployed" person could be at the pub with a drink so often. Then I finished reading the post........ :)

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
Was attempting to figure out how a "sruggling unemployed" person could be at the pub with a drink so often. Then I finished reading the post........ :)

Memph

Us Ausies, Memph, are what you call a friendly bunch of people who look out for eachother, so when one of your mates are going through times of hardship, the rest pick up the slack...and there is always just enought money found behind the couch to shout your mates a round..;)

Does anyone out there watch AFL (Australian Football)...cos if there is i would like to just say GO THE MIGHT PIES!!!!:D

Originally posted by Pacesetter
Us Ausies, Memph, are what you call a friendly bunch of people who look out for eachother, so when one of your mates are going through times of hardship, the rest pick up the slack...and there is always just enought money found behind the couch to shout your mates a round..;)

Does anyone out there watch AFL (Australian Football)...cos if there is i would like to just say GO THE MIGHT PIES!!!!:D

I c your point.....

Memph

I am from Connecticut. Goal is 100 miles per month (skiing season excepted). Since I work on Wall Street, I do not get a chance to ride during the week. Because the roads are hilly (I prefer hilly quiet roads over busier flatter roads), I average just 12 mph. No aspirations for racing, just touring.

This summer I bought a Dahon Helios 8 folder, and used it in Rhodes, Samos and Cos, Greece. (I managed to ship it via five airline segments without significant damage.) I brought it with me to Istanbul, but the traffic there was too intense and 24/7.

Professional patient.
Before that. Computer tech
Long Island, Moriches, NY

Hi from the US - Portland, Oregon, originally from Philly. I road ride - whenever I feel like it - couple of hours a week - no set pattern. I'm a software consultant (SAP, if you're in the industry). My boyfriend does road, mtb, cyclocross.

I'm in the UK and don't get out on the bike much now - 50 to 60 miles a week.Used to be much more.
I am a doctor living in Hertfordshire getting married soon.Riding a Condor from their shop on Grays Inn Road London.

Originally posted by oldnovice
[Sorry but what is the Argus]

Hi Oldnovis,

The Argus is a race is held every year in March in Cape Town, South Africa.

It is the biggest timed race in the world and attracts more then 35 000 cyclists per year.

It's a 104/9? km in length, and depending on which route the race is there is two very infamous hills called the "Ou Kaapse Weg" and "Chapmans Peak" a.k.a "Chappies".

It is also one of the most beautiful races you will ever attend as you ride next to the ocean, through the most beautiful lands and vegetation.

A definit for any cyclist to do once in their lifetime. This year the 32 000 entries ("Online") were sold out in 4 days. But just wait a while as the Organisors will reopen it again after a certain time when the people who have entered has not paid yet. I'm not sure about the Postal Entries.

It cost about R175 (Almost 15 Pounds). Only nasty thing about it is the Timing Company.

Their official Website is www.cycletour.co.za

Hope this helps.

I'm from Chicago Illinois USA.
I drive for a messenger service- and half our employees are bike messengers - they got me back into cycling.

My last name is "Boardman". I never heard about this "Chris Boardman" before or his accomplishments.....since Boardman is such a RARE name I thought it was interesting..