Where are you from,what do you do?

My name is Udo and I signed up today, since it's raining here in Los Angeles. I was messing around on the computer and found this site.I used to race Pro and Cat 1 a couple of years back. Now I just ride for fun and teach a competitive cycling class at the gym. I live in a town called West Hills located in the San Fernando Valley,California.I have a website if you want to check it out, go to www.competitiveindoorcycling.com :D :D :D :D

I'm from Pennsylvania (US) and I ride for my Triathlons. :)

I am a Scientist by day and do all kinds of outdoor stuff for fun (including cycling, running, etc etc etc)

hi my name is linda i am from denmark and i love to bike..
does anybody now what happent to the german cyclist remig stumpf :) l

Wow -- this thread's three and a half years running! I'm Lane from Austin, TX. Cycling has changed my life. Long ago -- as a child, actually -- I discovered the freedom of cycling, and I started doing real miles about fifteen years ago. About six years ago, I started commuting. I've sold my car (man, what a savings!) and am in the best shape I've ever been in. I've become involved with our local government to make our city more amenable to cycling as transportation. Recently, I've become interested in racing, but I'm fairly clueless. I'm 40 years old, so likely would race in masters. First, I need a bike. (My commuter is a Trek touring bike.) So, I've been shopping around, and training on my old Peugot road bike. I'm also interested in doing some real touring someday.

Louisville KY

I work for a health insurance company.

I ride a 2005 Lemond Tourmalet with all components changed to Shimano Ultegra or Dura Ace (cassette + chain).

I LOVE vintage steel bikes (1970's - 80's with NR/SR) and I am always ready to buy another one.

i reside in SLC, Utah, will be 50 this year. love to ride. 1st century last year (2004) happy doing 25 to 45 anytime, indoor or out. need to purchase a new ride. looking @ giant ocr elite???? anyone know anything about this particular model :) :) :) /:mad: ???? or any other advise>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> thanks and keep riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

bikelane said:
Wow -- this thread's three and a half years running! I'm Lane from Austin, TX. Cycling has changed my life. Long ago -- as a child, actually -- I discovered the freedom of cycling, and I started doing real miles about fifteen years ago. About six years ago, I started commuting. I've sold my car (man, what a savings!) and am in the best shape I've ever been in. I've become involved with our local government to make our city more amenable to cycling as transportation. Recently, I've become interested in racing, but I'm fairly clueless. I'm 40 years old, so likely would race in masters. First, I need a bike. (My commuter is a Trek touring bike.) So, I've been shopping around, and training on my old Peugot road bike. I'm also interested in doing some real touring someday.
And should you one day come biking in Scandinavia, I'll be happy to follow you at least part of the way. At the moment temp. is 14F, so you bet I'm looking forward to the spring, but I've seen som enthusiasts biking around. My dream is to go biking in Cuba, we shall see about that. I have a trike bike, which generates a lot of interests. It's like walking the dog - always people with comments around. My bike is a Kettwiesel TT.

Returning to cycling after a 9 year layoff. I'm a quality analyst for an international banking firm and live in the great state of Illinois.

I'm looking for any and all advice for my next rig. Considering going to Ultegra or Centaur 10 combined with a compact crankset.

I'm President and CEO of a small custom manufacturing firm in sunny southern Utah. My husband is a Mac geek, he designs and builds websites when he can find the work. We are a middle aged couple who enjoy watching cycling. I joined this forum in hopes of corresponding with someone who has attended the Tour de Georgia. We plan to make the trip this year to support the teams who will be participating. Advice from the moderators or forum participants on which section of the forums would be best to post for this information is welcomed. Thanks! :)

Yee Haaa! From Elko, Nevada USA. I used to own and operate 4, yep four, bicycle and climbing stores. After I escaped the asylum, I took some time off to tour the world looking for gold deposits. After that little derailment into the bike business, I got back to my true calling of Exploration Geology. I have been riding all my life, have just built me a Giant TCR Aero 1 with mostly Record 'stuff' on it.

I like it! I like it a lot!!

With any luck at all the temps will get over 15 F, the ice will melt off the roads and I can get off the Elite and back on the pavement.

Happy cycling, happy trails and may the bananas always be ripe and fresh.

maddox300 said:
Hello everyone, I'm maddox300 from Ohio, (Don't blame me I didn't vote for him) USA- and I ride my bike just for fun and to get around my neighborhood. Not for competition, conditioning or racing. I'm an editor. I like reading, politics, music, lifting weights, and eating.
Whew! I know just how you feel! Can you imagine what it would have been like in this country if he had won?:eek:

Ha ha, just remember what they say about Blind Faith!:confused:

grew up in socal and now live in Brookly. I work at a architecture office and finishing up my thesis for arch school.

Hi, I'm not a cyclist, but I need a list of the upcoming cycle races, their dates and locations, in the Western Cape, South Africa. Could anyone help me please.. :eek: Email me if you have this info and I will be eternally grateful. Thank you :D