Where to buy Bike-Aid lube

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Robert Taylor, Feb 1, 2003.

  1. Bike-Aid is a lube which I believe consists of molibdinum disulfide in a thin solvent. I always used
    to buy it from Loose Screws but I can't find it on their website anymore. I checked all the other
    places where I get stuff, Nashbar, Performance, Harris, etc. without finding it. Does anybody know a
    mail order source for this stuff?

    Thanks, Bob Taylor

    Tags:

  2. Res09c5t

    Res09c5t Guest

    Lickton's has it. www.lickbike.com

    for the actual product http://www.lickbike.com/i2793050.htm

    "Robert Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Bike-Aid is a lube which I believe consists of molibdinum disulfide in a thin solvent. I always
    > used to buy it from Loose Screws but I can't find it on their website anymore. I checked all the
    > other places where I get stuff, Nashbar, Performance, Harris, etc. without finding it. Does
    > anybody know a mail order source for this stuff?
    >
    > Thanks, Bob Taylor

  3. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    You didn't specify what is the "thin solvent." NEOLUBE is colloidal graphite suspended in
    isopropanol - IIRC $35/two ounce bottle.

    I will look for Bike-Aid as an inexpensive (I hope) substitution for Neolube.

    "Robert Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Bike-Aid is a lube which I believe consists of molibdinum disulfide in a thin solvent. I always
    > used to buy it from Loose Screws but I can't find it on their website anymore. I checked all the
    > other places where I get stuff, Nashbar, Performance, Harris, etc. without finding it. Does
    > anybody know a mail order source for this stuff?
    >
    > Thanks, Bob Taylor

  4. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    http://www.sisweb.com/sptd/tubeaccs.htm for Neolube and it isn't quite as expensive as I recalled.