Which Carbon Road Bars?

OCRoadie

Oct 5, 2004
Howdy All-
I'm getting ready to build up a new road bike around a Roubaix Pro carbon frame.
I had just assumed that I would probably get the Easton EC90 carbon bars for this bike. Now that I'm getting close to having the frame, I am thinking more about what I'm going to put on it. Any suggestions, or reviews concerning the Easton? I have seen mixed reviews on Roadbikereview.co. I will either be using my old Dura Ace 9 speed or buying a new Dura Ace 10 group, I have heard comments that the reach on these bars to the brake levers is a little extreme with the DA 10. Can anyone please enlighten me on these bars or any others that you would suggest? Thanks...

OCRoadie said:
Howdy All-
I'm getting ready to build up a new road bike around a Roubaix Pro carbon frame.
I had just assumed that I would probably get the Easton EC90 carbon bars for this bike. Now that I'm getting close to having the frame, I am thinking more about what I'm going to put on it. Any suggestions, or reviews concerning the Easton? I have seen mixed reviews on Roadbikereview.co. I will either be using my old Dura Ace 9 speed or buying a new Dura Ace 10 group, I have heard comments that the reach on these bars to the brake levers is a little extreme with the DA 10. Can anyone please enlighten me on these bars or any others that you would suggest? Thanks...

I've been using the 3TTT Bio-Morphe and really like the multiple hand positions. They also seem to dampen road vibrations nicely. I don't know how well Shimano levers will integrate with this design, but Campagnolo levers fit this bar very well. Costly and very, very difficult to come by to be sure, but I've installed them on 4 bikes without regret, and have another two on order.

-Wm.

OCRoadie said:
Howdy All-

I like the looks of the flat-topped FSA carbon bars....K-wings? A buddy has them on his new Kestrel Evoke and says they are very comfortable.

OCRoadie said:
Howdy All-
Let me know what you decide after you finish the research mode. I have been thinking about the same thing for my Roubaix Pro. My riding position is a bit less aggressive than most. I shortened the stem on the stock Pro from 120 to 100 mm, and added some rise to the stem.

Hello OCROADIE,

I JUST SPEC'D OUT A ROUBAIX PRO FRAMESET AND SHOULD TAKE DELIVERY IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS. I DECIDED ON A KESTRAL CARBON 44 CM. THE REASON IS THAT I WANT TO RUN AN AERO BAR (SPLIT SECOND) TO GIVE ME AN ALTERNATE RIDING POSITION. MOST OF THE CARBON BARS DO NOT ALLOW AN AERO BAR, BUT THE KESTRAL CARBON APARENTLY IS A LITTLE STRONGER AND DOES ALLOW THE AERO BAR.
ENJOY YOUR NEW ROUBAIX PRO.