Why Do so Many People Dislike Lance Armstrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lance more than had the form, that was overly apparent from his opening prologue, and he would've ridden himself into much better form had he not crashed so many times (which btw, he rode right back to the front like a true to form champion, dropping his team mates in the process) he hadn't any real reason to do so and going on the pretense that they all dope and so to be fair, when someone wins eight consecutive tours, than and only then will they be considered better than him, IMO.

and if not going to prison then Lance is going into the Ironman which is not exactly weak. i'd think contabore would kill over just thinking about doing one let alone Kona World Championships.

just some thoughts.

gtm said:
You need to do your own research. All the information you need is easily available online.

So by that token you hate anquetil, Merckx, pantani, Kelly, Roche, fignon, Delgado... (there's lots more) who have been caught sampling various concoctions of the secret sauce...

I would like to believe that indurain rode clean and that lemonds mystical comeback during the giro and tour of 89 were clean... But then I'd like my daughter to believe in the tooth fairy and Santa claus for a while too.

That was a quick list that covered a good couple of dozen tour wins, classics, world champions and 'hard men'.

If you're gonna hate one for his alleged use of 'stuff' you'd be hypocritical not to hate them all...

Bro Deal said:
He has been proved guilty. He tested positive for EPO six times in 1999. At the time EPO was not detectable, but when the urine was retrospectively tested it was shown to have artificial EPO in it.

He tested positive for EPO six times in 1999 (samples which had been tampered with). That was during '99 Tour. Right. What about the samples in 2000, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05<<< He got FASTER & FASTER during them years, TESTED to hell & back, all came back NEGATIVE. Where are the CONFIRMED samples from them years?, NOT speculation samples in your mind, CONFIRMED samples???... He was a better rider in them years. Rememeber he was tested MANY times & everything came back negative. Lance became a far better, more complete rider than in '99.

Bro Deal said:
He has been proved guilty. He tested positive for EPO six times in 1999. At the time EPO was not detectable, but when the urine was retrospectively tested it was shown to have artificial EPO in it.

Read and learn.

Michael Ashenden | Velocity Nation - Bike racing culture, news and events

And you're the expert with the credible information?

Isn't 1999 just about the time when steroid scandals started making their way out of the woodwork with professional athletes? So, Lance is a high-profile, professional athlete, and there were so many steroid scandals he was involved in, right? I don't remember hearing his name mentioned.

I think you should take your own advice and "read and learn." Lance Armstrong has never been busted for steroid usage. He has been tested over 300 times, and each test has been negative. The results speak for themselves. Not to be rude, but the tests hold much more credibility than your opinions do. I just read this article and the interviewee said his results were the way HE "interpreted" them. He also mentioned that the results were INCONCLUSIVE.

If you don't like Lance, fine, that's your right, but don't smear the man because you don't like him. Until he gets busted, he's an innocent man. Period.

GT Fanatic said:
And you're the expert with the credible information?

Isn't 1999 just about the time when steroid scandals started making their way out of the woodwork with professional athletes? So, Lance is a high-profile, professional athlete, and there were so many steroid scandals he was involved in, right? I don't remember hearing his name mentioned.

I think you should take your own advice and "read and learn." Lance Armstrong has never been busted for steroid usage. He has been tested over 300 times, and each test has been negative. The results speak for themselves. Not to be rude, but the tests hold much more credibility than your opinions do. I just read this article and the interviewee said his results were the way HE "interpreted" them. He also mentioned that the results were INCONCLUSIVE.

If you don't like Lance, fine, that's your right, but don't smear the man because you don't like him. Until he gets busted, he's an innocent man. Period.

man, you remind me of me up until last week, defensive 'till the death and there's nothing wrong with it, in fact i admire your steadfast belief. wish i could still be like that, turn the other cheek even though the evidence was right in front of me or rather it was inconclusive, seeing only what my heart would allow me to see and not my eyes, only wanting and only believing in the good in people and i'd really like to still believe in Lance as well, in a man's pure desire, courage, hard work and dedication making him all that he his and with pure class, but i just can't.

i won't push you on the matter as i've already stated more than enough evidence to prove labs wrong which very well could hold certainty with Lance's sample's, making them all null and void altogether which would mean that you could be right on that account alone, but i just can not any longer believe in him (although i really want to) and have a feeling that what is gonna end up making Lance look the worst, as he is now in my eyes, is the federal money that went to doping under his watch. Then we'll know he doped, outside of the scientists who have determined for fact that his samples have tested positive in articles in which you might not have come across yet as they are out there as i've read them (someone will post them shortly?) and Floyd's coming out and telling the world Lance has and has witnessed it with his own two eyes and on many occasions and well after the year '99, 'cause he'll be in prison for fraudulent use of federal monies.

time will tell.

you do realize that if it is determined that Floyd is lying he will be guilty of perjury and has more than a substantial chance of ending up in prison himself, right?

i highly doubt he is lying, he has turned down WADA and the federal government before, them wanting the bigger fish, Lance back in '06 because at that time he was trying to do what Lance did, deny deny deny and cover it up and why wouldn't he, he learned from the best, the one who had and never has been caught, as they all wanted Lance even back then.

Now that Lance has turned his back on Floyd, something that happened years ago, and Floyd has been pushed over the edge as he can not race on a pro team again, he's turning his back on Lance and rightfully so in my opinion although the media makes it out to be about Lance but i believe he's wanting things to change in the UCI and Lance just has to go down.

we'll see.

roadhouse said:
man, you remind me of me up until last week, defensive 'till the death and there's nothing wrong with it, in fact i admire your steadfast belief. wish i could still be like that, turn the other cheek even though the evidence was right in front of me or rather it was inconclusive, seeing only what my heart would allow me to see and not my eyes, only wanting and only believing in the good in people and i'd really like to still believe in Lance as well, in a man's pure desire, courage, hard work and dedication making him all that he his and with pure class, but i just can't.

i won't push you on the matter as i've already stated more than enough evidence to prove labs wrong which very well could hold certainty with Lance's sample's, making them all null and void altogether which would mean that you could be right on that account alone, but i just can not any longer believe in him (although i really want to) and have a feeling that what is gonna end up making Lance look the worst, as he is now in my eyes, is the federal money that went to doping under his watch. Then we'll know he doped, outside of the scientists who have determined for fact that his samples have tested positive in articles in which you might not have come across yet as they are out there as i've read them (someone will post them shortly?) and Floyd's coming out and telling the world Lance has and has witnessed it with his own two eyes and on many occasions and well after the year '99, 'cause he'll be in prison for fraudulent use of federal monies.

time will tell.

I'm not defensive at all about it. I have no preference either way to Lance Armstrong. To be quite frank, I have no interest whatsoever in the sport of cycling whatsoever, so I have no motivation to play the "My Favorite Cyclist" game.

There is no conclusive evidence that he doped, only conspiracy theories. I'm not going to hang the guy based on inconclusive evidence. How many times have innocent men been proven guilty in the court of law? It happens all the time.

"Floyd Landis." That's all you had to say. Here's a man with no credibility whatsoever, and was so adamant about how he never took steroids, he even had people donating to his little "Help Floyd" campaign. Not only did he take advantage of people by accepting donations for something he knew he was guilty of, but he further took advantage of all of his fans who swore he was innocent by selling a book, which most of them undoubtedly bought not only to get his story, but to help support him. He's a flat-out dirtbag.

Floyd Landis is the Jose Canseco of cycling. At the most, the only thing Floyd Landis will EVER be known for is the man who brought down Lance Armstrong, and nobody's going to give him a pat on the back for it. In fact, people will probably hate him more than they already do.

This is not a matter of "turning the other cheek." This is a matter of, "Where's the proof?" What we have are a bunch of inconclusive tests and one non-credible man's claim that he witnessed Lance Armstrong sticking needles in his ass.

IF Lance is proven guilty, he will have a spot at the same table reserved for the high-profile "Hall of Shamers" such as Jose Canseco, Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Michael Vick, Tanya Harding, Pete Rose, Michael Irvin, Ron Artest, Todd Bertuzzi, Lawrence Taylor, and Floyd Landis, Here are all men and a woman who were prominent in their sports, only to crash and burn.

well, for someone so adamant about taking that stance, you sure come of looking as if you believed in Lance or at the very least want to.

Yes, i said Floyd but the federal government is saying Hincapie, Zabriskie, LeMond ( for what reason, i don't know, he wasn't there, never witnessed anything) and a few others.

Floyd will eventually be forgiven, Lance, will not.

and Lance will come off looking like a complete criminal which is much more than just another doper and a liar which if all is found to be true will trump ALL of Floyd's history of lying as Lance didn't win just one Tour on drugs but seven of them which, yup, you guessed it, it's commonly believed he lied about and that in itself is history and his being caught will rival no one else in sports, then and now.

none of those baseball players used federal money to get their dope, none of them sold team equipment to get their fix, not even in the same ballpark so to speak so to say that Floyd will only be remembered for bringing down Lance is an understatement...and I also say good for Floyd.

Oh boy do I have an answer for you. Ive been into cycling my entire life but only until recently have been serious.When I was eight years old I broke my leg and found out I had a tumor in my tibia. The tumor was cancerous and when they took it out, I realized I was very much like Lance, and he became my idol. But, as he kept winning and winning and winning, he grew old and boring. Let someone else have a go at it for pete's sake. and while it is very comendable to make an organization that helps people fighting cancer, I found it overly obnoxious when the whole Team Radioshack wore special jerseys flaunting their assosiation with the organization. And, beforehand during the coverage of the tour de france, Versus (the channel i watched on) kept showing commercials for beer and even radioshack that Lance was in. Lance may not be a doper and I am truly glad he is not, I hope no biker starts doping (espcially Thor Hushvod) but he has 110% sold out. and no one likes people who have sold their souls to the TV executives/devil.
thats why I hate lance armstong.

a few earlier posts said 1999 was the year drugs came out in professional sports???????????????? 30's 40's 50's etc....
tom simpson.. dead from drugs. when was that? 40 years ago. how many blood transfusions did merckx have?????tons more back then...
and per my other posts, about 190 of the 198 pros that start a race have been busted. the ones that havent , havent got caught yet, or they have the higest paid best pharmasists around..(masking agents)
anybody that thinks a pro cyclist is clean is a fool.
when my buddy went to live in that one house in belgium that hosts americans trying to make it on a small pro belgium team, he said those amatures were all on drugs . everyone. right in front of him taking drugs..he missed every break, usually got 80th place or so.
was one of the best riders in the midwest.
clean. but compared to better riders, then better riders on drugs..
he had 0 chance doing well.
the pros = cheaters..
vino
cant win leige bastonge liege on drugs. gets busted.
comes back a year or 2 later..
wins liege bastonge liege??????????????? won that race clean??? my ass!!!!

roadhouse said:
i highly doubt he (Landis) is lying, he has turned down WADA and the federal government before, them wanting the bigger fish, Lance back in '06 because at that time he was trying to do what Lance did, deny deny deny and cover it up and why wouldn't he, he learned from the best, the one who had and never has been caught, as they all wanted Lance even back then.

Confirmed idiot.

"I doubt hes lying"

Don't be a hater all your life just because of your own shortcomings.

RadioShack’s Li Fuyu positive test confirmed

By: Stephen FarrandPublished: August 1, 13:35, Updated: August 1, 14:43 Li Fuyu (RadioShack) in action at Amstel Gold.
view thumbnail gallery

Chinese Cycling Association says B sample also positive for Clenbuterol
The Chinese Cycling Association has confirmed that RadioShack rider Li Fuyu has failed a dope test after his B sample also showed traces of the banned substance Clenbuterol.

this guy was really mad at lance .. he said lance dosent share the masking agents the doctors gave the team..lance hogs em up..

leanman said:
RadioShack’s Li Fuyu positive test confirmed

**** rider anyway... & with the added advantage of using drugs :confused:

Lance was right, you've either got it or you don't (with or without drugs), Fuyu had neither.

roadhouse said:
well, for someone so adamant about taking that stance, you sure come of looking as if you believed in Lance or at the very least want to.

Yes, i said Floyd but the federal government is saying Hincapie, Zabriskie, LeMond ( for what reason, i don't know, he wasn't there, never witnessed anything) and a few others.

Floyd will eventually be forgiven, Lance, will not.

Floyd will never be forgiven. He will always be known as a Class A d-bag.

I would like to believe Lance is innocent. If he isn't, he isn't. I'm not going to lose a second of sleep over it. What Lance Armstrong does has no bearing on my life whatsoever.

GT Fanatic said:
Floyd will never be forgiven. He will always be known as a Class A d-bag.

I would like to believe Lance is innocent. If he isn't, he isn't. I'm not going to lose a second of sleep over it. What Lance Armstrong does has no bearing on my life whatsoever.

and everyone else is supposed to believe Lance's sh!t doesn't stink?

and you keep saying that Lance has no bearing on your life yet the only threads you pop up on are the ones in which you are defending Lance.

no worries, cyclists do that sort of stuff. once you're in, you're in for good. take a seat, just not mine.

and Floyd will be forgiven by people like me, I've already forgiven him. Hell, I want to shake his hand and thank the man and tell him I'm sorry Lance pulled him into all of this in the first place and then punch Lance in the face, hard....twice.

roadhouse said:
and Floyd will be forgiven by people like me, I've already forgiven him. Hell, I want to shake his hand and thank the man and tell him I'm sorry Lance pulled him into all of this in the first place and then punch Lance in the face, hard....twice.

I remember when LeMond, who was visciously attacked by Landis in his court battle, is now holding hands with Landis trying to bring Lance down.

Both men are just sad memories of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.