Will newer di2 solve for this?

jojoma

Sep 7, 2007
I have ridden older versions of Di2 and it was, 99% of the time, fantastic. But there is a specific instance where I prefer mechanical. After accelerating on a climb for a minute or so in a fairly large gear (maybe 39/17), and my legs are about to give out, I need to immediately go up two or three sprockets to a 21 or 23 with one lever throw. With Di2 this took too long. Granted it was only fractions of a second slower with Di2, but when my legs are screaming it mattered. Just wondering if newer Di2 can be programmed to deal with such a use case??

Thanks a lot

I hear you, as I use Campy mechanical on my road bikes and the ability to instantly do multiple shifts in either direction - and simultaneous front/multiple rear shifts - is one of the main reasons I stick with it.

I have Ultegra Di2 on a 'cross/gravel bike. You can program the shift speed to be faster, but you run the risk of inadvertent multiple shifts. AFAIK, there is no way to program an automatic 2 or 3 cog shift. I've been using Synchro-Shift (for a very specific reason), but it's uncomfortably slow and I'm not sure if the speed can be increased. I may have to give up on it