Winter hours, going strong

NomadVW

Aug 12, 2005
NomadVW said:
BullGod said:
60 hours in december is enormous. I think your volume is maybe too high - especially as you only started riding a few months ago.
Woops! I just noticed I said 2006. I started in June 2005. I know that the 60 hour month is ambitious and I will be certainly testing the waters over the next couple weeks. Oddly enough, the temperatures just "dropped" so to speak. It had been holding high temps of 10-15 through November, but tonight goes down to 0 and tomorrow won't get over 7 for the first time of the year. My ambition is about ready to meet Mr. Winter and have it out.

I'll keep tabs here on how it's going come January.
So... December was 60 hrs and change, 1747 km.
January will be 65 hrs and a little more, 1885ish km (barring catastrophic injury in the next four days)

CTL, Dec 1st: 88
CTL, Jan 27th: 121.3
Test week this week, so expecting a bit of a drop off.

Winter has been particularly nice to me. Only 6 days have had trainer/rollers time.

How's about ya'll?

mikesbytes said:
Focusing on endurance ?
That was the plan, but wasn't focusing enough, I don't think. Gave up on the pre-built training plans for a real coach.

Around 80 hours of my 120ish parse out to zone 3-4, but the question of whether or not they were well spent hours makes my head spin, so I gave up guessing.

I've been going out about 5 times a week. I have a coaster brake cruiser for when it's really sloppy. That's my "trainer".