Winter Riding

MartinM

Guest
Damned horses shouldn't be allowed on bridleways

"But it's the MTB tyres that do all the damage" ;-)
BTW was it all pie in the sky but what happened to the idea to upgrade
some footpaths for cycling but not horse riding?
They've got it the other way round on Ashdown Forest ;-(

"MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote:

M> Damned horses shouldn't be allowed on bridleways

M> "But it's the MTB tyres that do all the damage" ;-) BTW was it all pie
M> in the sky but what happened to the idea to upgrade some footpaths for
M> cycling but not horse riding? They've got it the other way round on
M> Ashdown Forest ;-(

I've been cycling some of NCN5, the North Wales coastal cycle path. Some of
it is on tarmac with the pedestrians beside beaches, where I think horse
riders would prefer the beach. But other sections e.g. Abergele to Old
Colwyn, are separate. To me, as a non-horse rider, they look fine for
riding, except that the gates and barriers have deliberately constructed in
a way that stops horses using them. It would be hard work on a recumbent.

Steph Peters
delete invalid from <[email protected]> Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:54:15 +