WTD: Rollers

Paul.Obinson24

Guest
Anyone get a set of either wheelchair or cycling rollers they don't want??

Reasonable price paid for suitable item (s).

Cheers Paul

You obviously haven't got any, since you don't know what they are!!!

They aren't for doing you hair with either!

I am being deliberately vague.

Cheers Paul

oldmolly wrote in message ...

>"paul.obinson24" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Nk_Fb.29489$R6.6015485@newsfep2-
>win.server.ntli.net...
>> Anyone get a set of either wheelchair or cycling rollers they don't
want??

>> Reasonable price paid for suitable item (s).
>>
>Rollers? Do you mean wheels?

> You obviously haven't got any, since you don't know what they are!!! They aren't for doing you
> hair with either! I am being deliberately vague. Cheers Paul

Why are you deliberatly being vague? maybe people call these things by other names seems a bit odd
to me? Yoda out

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 16:47:37 -0000, "Yoda Of Borg"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> You obviously haven't got any, since you don't know what they are!!! They aren't for doing you
>> hair with either! I am being deliberately vague. Cheers Paul
>
>Why are you deliberatly being vague? maybe people call these things by other names seems a bit
>odd to me?

Are they for rolling funny fags? smicker

"paul.obinson24" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You obviously haven't got any, since you don't know what they are!!!
>
> They aren't for doing you hair with either!
>
> I am being deliberately vague.

Well that will get you loads of offers then, I expect.(not) Do you have a
problem in asking for exactly what you want and perhaps giving more detail?

Basically these are a set of "rollers" which you can put a wheelchair or cycle onto, and train
static in the comfort of your home when the weather is too cold, wet, snowy, dark etc.

A sort of crude treadmill for wheelchair racers (but the same rollers are used by cyclists as well).
Sorry but it isn't an easy item too explain and if you have a set of rollers then i would suggest
thats as much detail as you need?? No offence intended.

I am thinking of buying a set but thought it would be worth looking 2ndhand before laying out the
money. They are the sort of item that people buy and then get sick of using or move on to other
sports and disregard.

The following link may or may not help. (TACX1025 ecotrack)

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/products.php?category=turbo&action=viewdetails &id=18

Not very exciting!!! Certainly not as exciting as funny *** rollers!

oldmolly wrote in message ...

>"paul.obinson24" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:ffjGb.260$AW4.200330@newsfep1-
>win.server.ntli.net...
>> You obviously haven't got any, since you don't know what they are!!!
>>
>> They aren't for doing you hair with either!
>>
>> I am being deliberately vague.
>>
> Well that will get you loads of offers then, I expect.(not) Do you have a
> problem in asking for exactly what you want and perhaps giving more detail?

"paul.obinson24" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Basically these are a set of "rollers" which you can put a wheelchair or cycle onto, and train
> static in the comfort of your home when the weather
is
> too cold, wet, snowy, dark etc.
>
> A sort of crude treadmill for wheelchair racers (but the same rollers are used by cyclists as
> well). Sorry but it isn't an easy item too explain and if you have a set of rollers then i would
> suggest thats as much detail as you need?? No offence intended.
>
> I am thinking of buying a set but thought it would be worth looking
2ndhand
> before laying out the money. They are the sort of item that people buy and then get sick of using
> or move on to other sports and disregard.
>
> The following link may or may not help. (TACX1025 ecotrack)

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/products.php?category=turbo&action=viewdetails
> &id=18
>
> Not very exciting!!! Certainly not as exciting as funny *** rollers!

OK.. hands up those of you who thought that this is what Paul wanted!!!! No one????? Mmmm wonder
why? Nice explanation Paul and I see what you need now...... Never heard of them of course... but
one never knows. Would an ordinary treadmill work? or are they specifically for wheelie bins? Would
an engineer be able to build one for less than the cost of a new one? Dave (We do have some pretty
inventive folk here you know) Dave

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:26:30 -0000, "paul.obinson24"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Anyone get a set of either wheelchair or cycling rollers they don't want??
>
>Reasonable price paid for suitable item (s).
>
>Cheers Paul

For second hand cycling rollers your best bet is probably the Veloriders forum. The buying and
selling board is at

http://www.veloriders.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=3

Most roadies now use turbo trainers, but a lot of trackies still use rollers for warming up at the
velodrome.

Regards! Stephen

Islander wrote:
> "paul.obinson24" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:ssYGb.35964$R6.7409310@newsfep2-
> win.server.ntli.net...
>
>>Basically these are a set of "rollers" which you can put a wheelchair or cycle onto, and train
>>static in the comfort of your home when the weather
>
> is
>
>>too cold, wet, snowy, dark etc.
>>
>>A sort of crude treadmill for wheelchair racers (but the same rollers are used by cyclists as
>>well). Sorry but it isn't an easy item too explain and if you have a set of rollers then i would
>>suggest thats as much detail as you need?? No offence intended.
>>
>>I am thinking of buying a set but thought it would be worth looking
>
> 2ndhand
>
>>before laying out the money. They are the sort of item that people buy and then get sick of using
>>or move on to other sports and disregard.
>>
>>The following link may or may not help. (TACX1025 ecotrack)
>>

> http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/products.php?category=turbo&action=viewdetails
>
>>&id=18
>>
>>Not very exciting!!! Certainly not as exciting as funny *** rollers!
>>

> OK.. hands up those of you who thought that this is what Paul wanted!!!! No one????? Mmmm wonder
> why? Nice explanation Paul and I see what you need now...... Never heard of them of course... but
> one never knows. Would an ordinary treadmill work? or are they specifically for wheelie bins?
> Would an engineer be able to build one for less than the cost of a new one? Dave (We do have some
> pretty inventive folk here you know) Dave

Um, I guessed that was what he was talking about, but then I did run across them at wiggle once,
and the thought of them coupled with my scary bike handling skills (they're pretty non-existant)
led to vision of wobbling off, ploughing through nearest window and hitting ground hard (I live on
the first floor).... so the word 'rollers' coupled with 'cyclist' is guaranteed to recall said
image now ;)

Velvet

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:26:07 GMT, Velvet wrote:
> the thought of them coupled with my scary bike handling skills (they're pretty non-existant) led
> to vision of wobbling off, ploughing through nearest window

At the moment that you wobble off you have no forward momentum, and just rotating wheels won't give
you any speed to speak of. You will only fall sideways. Believe me :(

"Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:26:30 -0000, "paul.obinson24" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Anyone get a set of either wheelchair or cycling rollers they don't
want??

> >Reasonable price paid for suitable item (s).
> >
> >Cheers Paul
> >
> For second hand cycling rollers your best bet is probably the Veloriders forum. The buying and
> selling board is at
>
> http://www.veloriders.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=3
>
> Most roadies now use turbo trainers, but a lot of trackies still use rollers for warming up at the
> velodrome.
>
> Regards! Stephen
Simple question..... Wouldn't those rollers from the end of a conveyor belt work with a wheelchair?
I wonder if a cycle one would be wide enough. Just a thought. Dave

Cheers, will have a butchers!

Steve McGinty wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:26:30 -0000, "paul.obinson24" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Anyone get a set of either wheelchair or cycling rollers they don't want??
>>
>>Reasonable price paid for suitable item (s).
>>
>>Cheers Paul
>>
>For second hand cycling rollers your best bet is probably the Veloriders forum. The buying and
>selling board is at
>
>http://www.veloriders.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=3
>
>Most roadies now use turbo trainers, but a lot of trackies still use rollers for warming up at the
>velodrome.
>
>Regards! Stephen

Conveyor belt - Probably would work but might be beyond my limited technical ability! I had a go on
a wheelchair treadmill once which wasn't disimilar. Looked like something from a sawmill.

A tread mill might work but isn't going to be wide enough.

Cycle rollers aren't gonna be wide enough but a pair of them bolted together might work. I can cope
with that. (Wheelchair specific rollers start at £300). Cycle rollers are £50, so 2 would cost me
£100. THEN bolt them together. THEN something to clamp the chair........

It might ne easier to buy some warm clothing and brave the weather!!!!

Islander wrote in message ...

>"Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:26:30 -0000, "paul.obinson24" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Anyone get a set of either wheelchair or cycling rollers they don't
>want??
>> >
>> >Reasonable price paid for suitable item (s).
>> >
>> >Cheers Paul
>> >
>> For second hand cycling rollers your best bet is probably the Veloriders forum. The buying and
>> selling board is at
>>
>> http://www.veloriders.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=3
>>
>> Most roadies now use turbo trainers, but a lot of trackies still use rollers for warming up at
>> the velodrome.
>>
>> Regards! Stephen
>Simple question..... Wouldn't those rollers from the end of a conveyor belt work with a wheelchair?
>I wonder if a cycle one would be wide enough. Just a thought. Dave

Russ, Got a bike yet?? Gonna come racing??

I have a turbo trainer already - bike is set up as we speak. But also fancied rollers for the racing
wheelchair, supposed to be good for technique and would stop me making excuses !

Russ wrote in message <[email protected]>...

> [...]

> static in the comfort of your home when the weather
is
> too cold, wet, snowy, dark etc.
>
> A sort of crude treadmill for wheelchair racers (but the same rollers are used by cyclists as
> well). Sorry but it isn't an easy item too explain and if you have a set of rollers then i would
> suggest thats as much detail as you need?? No offence intended.
>
> I am thinking of buying a set but thought it would be worth looking
2ndhand
> before laying out the money. They are the sort of item that people buy and then get sick of using
> or move on to other sports and disregard.
>
> The following link may or may not help. (TACX1025 ecotrack)

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/products.php?category=turbo&action=viewdetails
> &id=18
>
> Not very exciting!!! Certainly not as exciting as funny *** rollers!

Even if I don't have any, I might well see some advertised, or hear of some, and because I didn't
know what they were I woudn't have been able to tell you about them. It is worth describing fully
what one requires as there are many pairs of eyes on usenet which can help look.

Point taken, hadn't really thought about that!