George Galloway

Colorado Ryder said:
That might be a tough call. One that depends completely on the individual and how that said person perceives the motives of the other person saying it.

I suppose thats right. In my youth I had been called A-hole womanized that treated females like ****.
Noting that this was probably true in most cases I replied sarcastically that "I don't really enjoy it. I am just good at it and a persons should play to their talents" but I was never insulted.

Colorado Ryder said:
I sure that Limerickman can enjoy a good joke unless its directed at him. .
the picture was aimed at Limerickman but apart from that he isnt the only Irishman on this board...you are listening to one right now.

jhuskey said:
If you call someone gay or a lesbian and they actually are....are they insulted?
i have no direct personal experience but i do see on the TV and read in magazines/books that gays and lesbians like to refer to themselves and each other as dykes and queers...which seems much more insulting.

I suppose its the same as a black man calling a black man a ****er...thats okay but if a white man uses the word it is deemed to be very offensive.

MountainPro said:
probably because it was a racist and bigoted depiction of Irish people based on ignorance and stupidity...

quite offensive if you are Irish.
Yeah..kind of like that merkian term you guys throw about...Yep...dish it out but can't take it...typical behavior from that side of the pond...

zapper said:
Yeah..kind of like that merkian term you guys throw about...Yep...dish it out but can't take it...typical behavior from that side of the pond...
merkin...its not our word, you lot (merkins) coined it..

zapper said:
I believe that they are specifically referring to Bush's pronunciation of the term when he say's-"My fellow Mercians... :rolleyes: " Incidentally, seen my new thread. Maybe you should'nt because it has to do with the current CEO of this country & his, shall we say, -criminal activity.

MountainPro said:
merkin...its not our word, you lot (merkins) coined it..
Bush coined it, no :confused: I am getting tired of making fun of him though, because it's too damn easy :rolleyes:

MountainPro said:
great, i'll need to remember that retort next time i insult someone...its thier fault..
Does a caricature of an leprechaun really bother you that much? Does calling Americans fat and lazy bother you? When someone hurls insults it laughable when they act insulted when its given back.

Colorado Ryder said:
Does a caricature of an leprechaun really bother you that much? Does calling Americans fat and lazy bother you? When someone hurls insults it laughable when they act insulted when its given back.

who said that Americans were fat and lazy ?

jhuskey said:
Serious inquiry;
If you call someone gay or a lesbian and they actually are....are they insulted?
Anyone have any insight or experience?

I don't know, is my answer, JH.

I think some people who are homosexual and proclaim their homosexuality,
may not be offended when people call them gay/homosexual.

However, in the instances where Sgt Bilko made his customary insults, none of the posters had identified themselves as being homosexual.

Sgt Bilko was attempting to insult fellow members of this forum (again).

Colorado Ryder said:
Are we really going to play this game again?

Are we playing a game ?

You made a statement that someone portrayed a caricature of Americans being fat and lazy.

Can you tell me who said that Americans were fat and lazy ?

Colorado Ryder said:
caricatures dont bother me...and i didnt call anyone fat and lazy...thats the view you believe that foreigners have about americans...is it true, are you all fat and lazy?

MountainPro said:
the picture was aimed at Limerickman but apart from that he isnt the only Irishman on this board...you are listening to one right now.

Damn, caught listening to Terry Wogan's Eurovision commentary again. :p

limerickman said:
Are we playing a game ?

You made a statement that someone portrayed a caricature of Americans being fat and lazy.

Can you tell me who said that Americans were fat and lazy ?
This is where we part ways. I refuse to continue in this childish behavior. I will no longer scour previous posts to prove any points. It's an internet message board. It just isn't important enough.