George Galloway

davidmc said:
I can't reach my keyboard, the nacho's & my stomach are in the way :eek: . Arrgh :rolleyes:

I am certainly not fat. Lazy is such a subjective term. I prefer to be called layed back or relaxed.
How about "spontaneous energy challenged" but lazy.....well nobody is perfect....well at least nobody else.

darkboong said:
Aww, suffering from short-term memory loss due to indulging a bit too heavily in your "medication" are we ? You need reminding of what was said "Mr Greenjeans".

You even made a point of saying that all men like flowers, so I can't see why you are making such a big deal of it. Why are you are so obssessed with men who like flowers Flappy Flapper Flaps ? Are you tired of hanging out with all those butch men and their smart uniforms in the armed forces or something ?

Do they were uniforms in the carpool or do they have to wear overalls ?
All that oil spilling round, it'd make sense to wear overalls.

After all they need to have their military uniforms clean for when they're cruisin' the scene !

jhuskey said:
I am certainly not fat. Lazy is such a subjective term. I prefer to be called layed back or relaxed.
How about "spontaneous energy challenged" but lazy.....well nobody is perfect....well at least nobody else.

There are lazy and fat people everywhere.

Unfortunately, I think we're not being told, truthfully, about what ingredients are
being added to the food chain.
Throw in the fact that people are driving cars, using escalators more and not doing physical work, obesity is bound to increase.

limerickman said:
I can't see my PC screen anymore - better move all those leftwing scripts out of the way ! (heavens preserve us).
Sure you can...just move the bottles...

limerickman said:

Unfortunately, I think we're not being told, truthfully, about what ingredients are
Throw in the fact that people are driving cars, using escalators more and not doing less physical work, obesity is bound to increase.

I believe you are correct ,however I think that mental and emotional stress and strain has increased greatly.
Do you know how many people had nervous breakdowns in the 14th and 15th Century combined?
(2)
I stand by my stats until I am proved wrong!

limerickman said:

Throw in the fact that people are driving cars, using escalators more and not doing physical work, obesity is bound to increase.
You see plenty of obese kids over here especially the poor one's. It is because food is cheap over here & those same kids just watch tv or play video games. Hard to see how they're going to serve in Iraq when they reach 18 even if the Army has had to relax it's req'ts (raising the enlistment age to 39 yrs'. It was 32 when I was in) for people entering the service. Bush is going through them faster than the Army can replenish them :mad: .

darkboong said:
Aww, suffering from short-term memory loss due to indulging a bit too heavily in your "medication" are we ? You need reminding of what was said "Mr Greenjeans".
Hey here's an idea...How about using your own material? This childish business of using my material puts on display your inability to think for yourself which is another side effect...keep posting, you reveal quite much about yourself..

You even made a point of saying that all men like flowers, so I can't see why you are making such a big deal of it. Why are you are so obssessed with men who like flowers Flappy Flapper Flaps ?
Oh, I'm dying on this one..."flappy flapper flaps"? who came up with that one..your grandma?

Are you tired of hanging out with all those butch men and their smart uniforms in the armed forces or something ?
No,they are all laughing at you weak posts...

jhuskey said:
I believe you are correct ,however I think that mental and emotional stress and strain has increased greatly.
Do you know how many people had nervous breakdowns in the 14th and 15th Century combined?
(2)

Can you name them both ? :)

I'm not entirely convinced about increases in mental and emotional stress over the long term. Over the short term, say since the 50s/60s sure I might buy that. Tricky one to measure - the diagnosis techniques and the accessibility of healthcare changed dramatically during the last century.

jhuskey said:
(2)

So part of the problem is people eating fast food, because of time pressure ?
I wouldn't disagree with you on that.

I had a very interesting chat with a neighbour of my wifes family.
This neighbour is a beef cattle farmer and he was telling me that injection of steroids in to cattle to produce more meat per unit of cattle, was widespread.
These steroids are so powerful that they can remain intact even when the
cattle have been brought to slaughter.
He was telling me that this is why the EU banned steroid injection of cattle because it couldn't be proven that these steroids (and their effect) did not stop at the stage when the cattle was slaughtered.

Therefore it is possible that steroids could be entering the food chain where
steroid cattle injections are tolerated.

davidmc said:
You see plenty of obese kids over here especially the poor one's. It is because food is cheap over here & those same kids just watch tv or play video games. Hard to see how they're going to serve in Iraq when they reach 18 even if the Army has had to relax it's req'ts (raising the enlistment age to 39 yrs'. It was 32 when I was in) for people entering the service. Bush is going through them faster than the Army can replenish them :mad: .
Well since food is SO CHEAP over here perhaps you will right your congressman and tell him to lobby to get rid of all forms of food stamps and assistance..

...There's no need for them now right?

davidmc said:

Yes, it seems to be the case here too that it's kids from lower income areas
who frequent fast food places more regularly.
Throw in the fact that kids don't run around in the fresh air playing or doing sport anymore, and you're well on the road to a medical time bomb.

It is a fact that more nutritional food in this country is far more expensive that food coated in sugars and enumbers.
Which componds the injustice of poverty.

zapper said:
Hey here's an idea...How about using your own material?

Nah, I am enjoying using your childish insults more.

zapper said:
Oh, I'm dying on this one..."flappy flapper flaps"? who came up with that one..your grandma?

It's not all my own work. I refer you to Roger's Profanisaurus, it'll be right up your alley.

Nice to see that you have enough courage to admit that you like hanging out with butch men and smart uniforms.

limerickman said:
Throw in the fact that kids don't run around in the fresh air playing or doing sport anymore, and you're well on the road to a medical time bomb.
This is not true...in the states...Take a drive through a poor neighborhood and they are all outside playing basketball or something...If they are poor, they can't afford air conditioning nor can they afford a playstation 2...

More likely its the diet....and the greasy fried food

darkboong said:
Nah, I am enjoying using your childish insults more.
Ah...Plagiarism...nice..You like that word as I recall.

It's not all my own work. I refer you to Roger's Profanisaurus, it'll be right up your alley.
naw, it's your grannies book...

Nice to see that you have enough courage to admit that you like hanging out with butch men and smart uniforms.
Son, you wouldn't last one day here...First off you couldn't get help from your granny when you got in an argument...

limerickman said:

It is a fact that more nutritional food in this country is far more expensive that food coated in sugars and enumbers.
Which componds the injustice of poverty.

The cow theory could be correct but there again it could be rumors.

When I studied in the early nineties I got a full grant for every academic term. I was also entitled to housing payments and had my rent paid. During Summer, we were also classed as unemployed (given the academic term had ended) so we're also entitled to full unemployment benefit while seeking work.
There was plenty of work too and the factories were thriving.
Now let's see how the wonderful, working man's party compares:
Under Labour you don't get any housing allowance if you study (as Cherie Blair did under the Tories). Neither do you get unemployment benefits if you seek work. Neither do you even get a grant.
But I forget since all of that is going to change: Blair wants to fully fund all European students who visit the U.K. to do a B.A. course, so people who come from Poland or Romania or wherever will soon have better educational opportunities in the U.K. than the British who were born here. True, Blair claims he'll classify the funding as a loan but anyone who imagines any of this will be paid back is living in Dixie.
Not that I'd mind if there was some kind of exchange-educational program with these countries so people could leave here to study over there.
But, let's be honest about this: Just what are the results of the great Labour Party drive to education? Answer: a huge fall in educational standards since the sixties when education over here was probably ahead of Europe and a massive gap between U.K. and Chinese/Indian graduates.
I'm sorry but nobody is going to convince me that there weren't more opportunities, less crime, more prosperity and higher living standards under the Tories than Labour (a remote elite of ultra liberal bourgeoisie who were cradle-carried through education on Tory policy.
Again, let me stress the fact industry under Labour has suffered a massive decline. Rolls Royce is gone, Rover is on its proverbial knees, the ceramics industry has failed to compete with overseas competition and crime has risen in all major cities since Labour got in.
I'm not fooled by any of them. Blair is a glib, smooth-talking lawyer who never did a proper day's work in his life, Prescott has a house full of servants who wait on him hand and foot and Blunkett is the most illiberal, anti-democratic politician I can recall since the dark ages.

darkboong said:
The vast majority of Manufacturing died during the Tory reign of Terror. Margaret Thatcher specifically aimed at moving the economy from Blue Collar to White Collar work. She succeeded too. Labour didn't have to do a thing to manufacturing, in fact under Labour there appears to have been a bit of a resurgence.

That screw-up was inherited by Labour from the Tories. The Grant system was axed to the point of futility, and the Loan system introduced under the Tories. I know, I was amongst the first batch of students to go through that regime. The thing that isn't widely known is that the number of students who actually received any grant at all shrank that year too. In addition to receiving no grant, I had to pay (admittedly subsidised) tuition fees. I might even still have the receipts and the "Sorry you are unlucky" letter if you like. That was not a result of means testing, I had very little savings (<1K) and my mother was earning <12K at the time.

The Conservatives were quite definitely in power at the time. I remember cursing Howard's smug face everytime he pointificated about his education reforms and how we were somehow sitting easier exams than he did. ******** of course, because I actually checked out past papers going back over two decades. I didn't have any other past papers to sit because I was one of the first students to sit the GCSEs (another Conservative innovation).

You might have had a doss under the Tories, but I can asure you they really put the boot in the late 80s and early 90s.

jhuskey said:
The cow theory could be correct but there again it could be rumors.

very good !

(it isn't a leftwing conspiracy that those cattle are contriving, is it ????)

limerickman said:
very good !

(it isn't a leftwing conspiracy that those cattle are contriving, is it ????)

Not sure but either way I am headed out to meet my wife for lunch.
We are having Chinese and maybe some sushi but no beef.

jhuskey said:
Not sure but either way I am headed out to meet my wife for lunch.
We are having Chinese and maybe some sushi but no beef.
Have a great lunch Husk...I'm stepping out myself to pick up the wife and kids and take'em away for the weekend...